Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
that's all you do, just try to be funny, well all of your responses will be ignored from now on too.

good day
Happy, happy, joy, joy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 11:42 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
if so please explaine these scriptures,
1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen”.

JESUS is the "ONLY" one that have immortality, and the "ONLY", Potentate.
see how your ignorant replies are mooted.
Being immortal and being eternal are two different things...

Old 06-24-2014, 11:55 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
My belief is this based on analysis of the scriptures. First off I take the example of the creation of Adam and Eve since I see a type of God in Adam and His Son in Eve. Because by means of Eve are all born as children unto Adam and likewise all are born unto the Father via the Son.

So here we have:

In the beginning was the Rib and the Rib was with Adam and the Rib was Adam.
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

I believe the very first of creation is the Word by which all other creation comes. So God "utters" the command via "Words". Therefore the first thing created is the Word itself. This is the very first offspring of God since a WORD carries meaning and BEING of the one speaking. But Jesus is that BEING manifested. Jesus had to LEARN that He was the WORD of God manifested. While I believe that the Word of God was involved in the creation of the initial earth, I do not believe that Jesus was.
Yes and just as all human life came from Adam through Eve, all life came from God through Jesus.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You just don't know...This kind of stuff comes from a cult leader...
I would like to see the source of the quotes and hopefully Not Strong's which is just of the KJV "use" and not a totally accurate rendering of the actual Greek.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't see it as arrogant. I see him as being confident in his knowledge about God. If you listen to what 101c is saying he is saying that God shares Himself and that Jesus is the manifestation of that sharing so what is in Jesus that makes Him Lord IS God Himself.
From his post.

"ca you act like a little child. I have proved to you over, and over, again that Jesus is God in flesh, again grow up please. quit being a child. if you can’t accept the truth. leave it alone. now if you don't have anything constructive to move this discussion forward, I will ignore your fruitless, vain, comments."

He has no idea and I have demonstrated time and time again his understanding of the words is Npt correct according to the Greek and Hebrew. I also am not a child nor act like one. I think I do offer constructive posts as usually I post the evidence and source, which he does not. His words above are belittling and arrogant, yet I still respond to the points , not the person.

When someone stoops to insults instead of addressing the facts, he shows he knows he is wrong and can't deal with it.

Look up ad hominem

Old 06-24-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Being immortal and being eternal are two different things...
Plus Jesus was given Immortality, meaning he did not always have it.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:31 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
GINOLJC, 2 all,

to trettep, thank God for your understanding. you're correct in your assessment. we will take this discussion slow, because you bring out some very good points. lets get to the basic that we do agree on and work from there, ok. the truth is in the "share" of the Spirit. as pointed out in scripture, Phil 2:6. by definition, God is sharing his Spirit in a concentrated sate, (flesh), here by taking on flesh, he as the share, limited himself to the confines of this world, and its elements. we have not "two" separate individuals, but one individual sharing himself in "two" Separate forms, or "two" separate shaper, or "two" separate fashion, or "two" separate figure, but the one same individual person. this is where the Greek term G243 ἄλλος allos comes in in at. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. the numerical difference is the two separate forms, not two separate individual. that’s the correct assessment you made with the flame, and the torch. the numerical difference is the two forms that the Spirit, (God), shared himself in. the same person only shared in two forms, and not two separate individual. and these two forms are, "Spirit", subjective, or abstract, hence the title "Father", and LORD. and the second form, "Flesh", objective, or concrete, hence the title “Son”, or “Lord”. if you will consider what I just said, the Spirit is subjective, and the Spirit shared, (spirit) in concentratedconcrete form is objective. God is carrying out his will, or plan of salvation, (objectively), in flesh, which is the “object”, or the man. that’s why he said “I” come to do thy will. the definition of objective is, something that one's efforts or actions are intended to attain or accomplish; purpose; goal; target: example: the objective of a military attack; the objective of a fund-raising drive.(source dictionary.com), look it up. so, God in concentrated concrete form is carrying out his “OWN” plan, or will, as a man. supportive scripture, Isaiah 63:5 "And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. see the, “mine own”, and “unto me”. mine, and me is the same individual person in two forms. just as the definition of "objective" states, one's "own" efforts.

if you will, to understand each other better. communication is essential in this study. so I suggest we start with some word definition so that we can understand what each other is saying. please if you have a list of some word, please post them, also.

for starters,
subjective
object
abstract
concrete
concentrate
essential
innate
native
Intrinsic
inherent
of, yes “of”, this is a powerful word.
Possess, or Possession
virtue
Intrinsic
Spatial

these few word on my part will set the stage for what I will be bringing to the table in the beginning of this discussion. with these definition you will understand my finding. we will go step by step, through the bible on this topic, and please share any suggestion, or any objection if you disagree. I will hear a true brother or a sister with real concerns, and we can work out any differences, ok. in my studying of the bible, and the revelation that God gave me I see the whole bible as the "diversity" of God working in humanity, even from Genesis to Revelation. the bible, and some whole book as Isaiah is speaking solely of God in “diversity”. I look forward to this discussion.

be blessed. looking to hear from you, and take your time in responding, because this is a very important subject.
I think where I want to focus on is that I believe that Jesus is a separate being that has been imparted the same BEING of His Father. This is exampled by the Flesh (see early writings attributed to Clement where it is stated that the Flesh is a type of the Spirit). My son has been imparted my flesh but is still a separate person from me.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:37 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes and just as all human life came from Adam through Eve, all life came from God through Jesus.
always error, JESUS is God.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:41 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
I would like to see the source of the quotes and hopefully Not Strong's which is just of the KJV "use" and not a totally accurate rendering of the actual Greek.
go to this link and hear from a scholar
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G3444&t=KJV
come down to the section that say, “Outline of Biblical Usage”. and click on, the title, “Click for Synonyms”, and read.

this is the childish reaction of one's doctrine that is in trouble.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:46 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
From his post.

"ca you act like a little child. I have proved to you over, and over, again that Jesus is God in flesh, again grow up please. quit being a child. if you can’t accept the truth. leave it alone. now if you don't have anything constructive to move this discussion forward, I will ignore your fruitless, vain, comments."

He has no idea and I have demonstrated time and time again his understanding of the words is Npt correct according to the Greek and Hebrew. I also am not a child nor act like one. I think I do offer constructive posts as usually I post the evidence and source, which he does not. His words above are belittling and arrogant, yet I still respond to the points , not the person.

When someone stoops to insults instead of addressing the facts, he shows he knows he is wrong and can't deal with it.

Look up ad hominem
I didn't see those commens. That is definately a bit rude. But let's remember contentiousness is a contagious disease. Let's not respond inkind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity