Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The problem is not my opinion. Our jail system is full of prisoners that have forgiven themselves--or even bettter....think they didn't do anything wrong. We don't need to forgive ourselves. We need God to forgive us.

What does that verse have to do with the price of tea in China? You were talking about self-forgiveness...not others.
It's got everything to do with the price of tea because contrary to your belief that you cannot forgive only God can through the shedding of blood, Jesus is teaching to forgive others without the literal shedding of blood. You are burdening the world with guilt while by your handed down traditions you let yourself off scott free.

What is the problem you have with those in jail forgiving themselves, and what's more how can you forgive yourself if you believe you haven't done anything wrong?. God is not holding sin against the world you orthodox christians are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 12:19 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's got everything to do with the price of tea because contrary to your belief that you cannot forgive only God can through the shedding of blood,
Silly me for believing the Bible! Heb 9:22 "... and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."
Quote:

Jesus is teaching to forgive others without the literal shedding of blood. You are burdening the world with guilt while by your handed down traditions you let you off scott free.
What verse is that again?
Quote:
What is the problem you have with those in jail forgiving themselves, and what's more how can you forgive yourself if you believe you haven't done anything wrong?. God is not holding sin against the world you orthodox christians are.
You tell me: should we release convicted murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc if they forgive themselves?

Old 06-28-2014, 12:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
I'm sorry...perhaps I misunderstood you.

and 1 John 2:19 does state that if one falls away, it means he was never "of us".

You can say what you want...but it's what the Bible teaches. I've demonstrated that. You have yet to quote a passage that indicates we do can.

Nope....not really.

And the same guy that recorded Jesus' words here said that those that don't remain simply never were in it to begin with.

I'm sorry...I don't get what you're saying with the whole judging hearts thing. I don't claim to be able to judge anyone's heart

It's what 1 John 2:19 states.

Have I made such a statement?

That's what scripture teaches
Your whole insistence that of "It's what 1 John 2:19 states." does indeed make the claim your able to judge the heart.

You're simply mis-applying what 1 John 2:19 is speaking to .. and thus attempting to verify a false theology.
Acts 20:30 is proclaiming how and where false teaching and false teachers originate.
In light of Acts 20:30, is when 1 John 2:19 is properly understood.

John is speaking to the false teachers that come out from us ... not whether a person was a believer or not.
----------------------

This statement from you:
I've demonstrated that. You have yet to quote a passage that indicates we do can.
sorry, I don't know what you mean "a passage that indicates we do can"

Old 06-28-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Silly me for believing the Bible! Heb 9:22 "... and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

What verse is that again?

You tell me: should we release convicted murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc if they forgive themselves?
Wait a moment while i go and sacrifice someone on the alter in my backyard for all those who have been offensive. I actually believe that you have no idea about forgiveness, if you did, you would not be holding the world accountable. Your literal belief of the scriptures is blinding you, when you forgive another you are laying down your life for them( the life is in the blood).

Old 06-28-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Wait a moment while i go and sacrifice someone on the alter in my backyard for all those who have been offensive.
You don't have to! The good news is that Jesus died and shed his blood for those that trust in him.
Quote:

I actually believe that you have no idea about forgiveness, if you did, you would not be holding the world accountable. Your literal belief of the scriptures is blinding you, when you forgive another you are laying down your life for them( the life is in the blood).
Thank you! You think I have absolute knowledge and understanding of all things? That I'm amazingly handsome and wonderful? That I'm an incredible preacher?

Oh wait...that is just what I choose to understand that you said. It gets fuzzy when we don't actually believe that words have meaning...so I chose to believe there that your post was gibberish and I just made up my own. Your literal belief in words is binding you to a rigid belief that isn't very fun.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
It's got everything to do with the price of tea because contrary to your belief that you cannot forgive only God can through the shedding of blood, Jesus is teaching to forgive others without the literal shedding of blood. You are burdening the world with guilt while by your handed down traditions you let yourself off scott free.

Vizio is correct when he referred to the scriptures Heb 9:22 "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness."

God is not holding sin against the world because Jesus shed his own blood on the cross and anyone who believes in Jesus as his\her own substitute from their sin will be viewed as perfect \ holy by God.

Don't believe Jesus as the substitute, then Jesus says God will hold you to your sin. John 3:36, John 5:29

Why not stop using "fundamentals" \ "orthodox christian" or whatever is the catch phrase of the day as your excuse for rejecting the truth of what Jesus taught.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You don't have to! The good news is that Jesus died and shed his blood for those that trust in him.

Thank you! You think I have absolute knowledge and understanding of all things? That I'm amazingly handsome and wonderful? That I'm an incredible preacher?

Oh wait...that is just what I choose to understand that you said. It gets fuzzy when we don't actually believe that words have meaning...so I chose to believe there that your post was gibberish and I just made up my own. Your literal belief in words is binding you to a rigid belief that isn't very fun.
You are better off answering Twinspins questions because you are not going to get any joy with me while you hold to the handed down savage beliefs of your ancestors. Keep believing and seeing yourself a sinner saved by grace and that everyone who does not believe like you ends up in eternal hell, and you will remain a complete failure in ministering life to others and blame your failure on the world rejecting God.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
You are better off answering Twinspins questions because you are not going to get any joy with me while you hold to the handed down savage beliefs of your ancestors. Keep believing and seeing yourself a sinner saved by grace and that everyone who does not believe like you ends up in eternal hell, and you will remain a complete failure in ministering life to others and blame your failure on the world rejecting God.
I'm sorry....I know you typed words on the screen....but I don't understand them! I mean...I choose not to adhere to the barbaric principle of written words!

Old 06-28-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry....I know you typed words on the screen....but I don't understand them! I mean...I choose not to adhere to the barbaric principle of written words!
You do understand that those who claimed they knew and esteemed the scriptures were the very ones that Jesus foretold would crucify him, and worse still said they were of the sons of their ancestors who had shed the blood of the prophets too?.Your pride in your handed down traditions passed off as being belief in the scriptures is an abomination.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
You do understand that those who claimed they knew and esteemed the scriptures were the very ones that Jesus foretold would crucify him, and worse still said they were of the sons of their ancestors who had shed the blood of the prophets too?.Your pride in your handed down traditions passed off as being belief in the scriptures is an abomination.
And you do realize that Jesus himself appealed to scripture when he was challenged by the devil in the desert, right? And that in the scriptures we have thousands of years of prophecy regarding his coming? And that it's through the scriptures we even know that Jesus existed?

If you're going to play this game, you have absolutely no basis whatsoever to believe ANYTHING!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity