Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 04:40 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Bad day? Has it occurred to you that what Thrill is expressing isn't evilness, as you have implied, but perhaps bewilderment or a sense of betrayal or even grief and anger that the things he's always believed, aren't true (as he sees it, at any rate). He's going through some sort of a process of change right now. That can get messy. A little grace extended to people in that situation goes a long way.
You mean the same grace given to the "fundies"? ...to the "eternal tormenters"? ... to the bibleians?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 04:44 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You mean the same grace given to the "fundies"?
Do you see people withholding grace from you when you genuinely apologize for saying something offensive?

Old 07-01-2014, 04:55 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Do you see people withholding grace from you when you genuinely apologize for saying something offensive?
I think if I had to apologize for something posted, any grace would be short-lived and forgotten in about 15 minutes if I said something else others didn't like.

I have seen the posts made regarding Christians here in the other areas of C-D - so I am not sympathetic.

You guys can continue with the grace to the accuser.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:03 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:
I think if I had to apologize for something posted, any grace would be short-lived and forgotten in about 15 minutes if I said something else others didn't like.

I have seen the posts made regarding Christians here in the other areas of C-D - so I am not sympathetic.

You guys can continue with the grace to the accuser.

Speaking of a bad day, it sounds like you might be having one? Sometimes coming to a forum which revolves around debate can magnify whatever negative emotions you may be experiencing. Seriously, hope it turns around for you. Be well, DRob.

Thrill, hope I didn't step in it by assuming too much about where your head is at. It just seems like this hasn't been an easy time for you, and my thoughts are with you.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:19 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
It doesn't concern you that someone would call the apostle Paul a "no good SOB"? You don't think - what is in his heart that would make that come out on a keyboard. It's one thing to say it - but we type these posts out, and they can be edited - which wasn't done. And this is post after post, and thread after thread that discredits the Bible.

You often don't like what I say - but there is no question where I stand with regards to the Bible and God and Christ. No question.

What do you do with someone claiming to be a Christian - yet 95% of what is posted discredits the Bible? Look at the OP in this thread regarding 1 Corinthians 10...

At what point do you go beyond it just being a bad day - and see the continuous comments as a problem?
Paul was a liar...

Old 07-01-2014, 07:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Paul was a liar...
Why do you say this ?

Old 07-02-2014, 03:15 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why do you say this ?
I think you'd have to read from Matthew to Revelation to understand why...

Old 07-02-2014, 05:26 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Posturing

Old 07-02-2014, 06:20 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,907,004 times
Paul's words here only apply to actual Christians, not fake Christians, that is: Those who claim to believe but really do not. They have already fallen, or never believed in the first place.

Thrillobite: How sad but true, that so many seminaries in the USA do teach their students that the Bible is not really God's word. I feel especially blessed by God that He has kept me in the one true faith and showed me, through my education and my own studies that the Bible is God's inerrant word. Remember, even the Bible teaches that the Bible is a closed book and not understandable by those who don't believe and do not have the Holy Spirit. 1Cornth Chapter 4.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:20 AM

217 posts, read 146,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post

I feel especially blessed by God that He has kept me in the one true faith and showed me, through my education and my own studies that the Bible is God's inerrant word.

Remember, even the Bible teaches that the Bible is a closed book and not understandable by those who don't believe and do not have the Holy Spirit. 1Cornth Chapter 4.
You use that word inerrant and you clearly don't understand what that word means. For instance, let's take Jesus' last words on the cross. 3 of the 4 gospels have him saying something differently, Mark has nothing at all. Only one of those can factually be right, the other two would be....guess....in error!

"Your own education and your own studies" - Subjective experience does not produce objective truth. Ever. No doubt you start with the conclusion and only accept findings that fit your conclusion. Do you think God is impressed with your intellectual dishonesty?

1 Corinthians Chapter 4 states nothing even close to what you do. Perhaps you meant a different Book or Chapter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity