Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 07:11 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,528,808 times

Advertisements

Though you'd never know it from these comments the article was NOT about relaxed dress code, coffee bars and musical instruments. LOL.

Oh well, proves what I'd been thinking........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Al View Post

Oh well, proves what I'd been thinking........
Yes. We know. You're unhappy with the level of discourse on this forum and there aren't enough posters saying, "Those Baptists are right again!!"

What do I win?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. We know. You're unhappy with the level of discourse on this forum and there aren't enough posters saying, "Those Baptists are right again!!"
What do I win?
Ah Dew . . . you win my heart with these adorable posts!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 AM

553 posts, read 595,855 times
We have always been of the philosophy that the Church should not be like the World because if a church is just like the world then why should anybody bother going to that church when they could just stay out in the world? About fifteen years ago a rift occurred in our local congregation and we found ourselves outvoted three to one. We were bewildered when the Church Organization sided with those who wanted to Change so as to appeal to the Young and we were kicked out on our ear.

It was said we were just a bunch of elderly people soon to pass away to our graves while their church was filled with children. Well the Truth was our age spread was about average. Only three got old and died--about normal. Though we had fewer children in our church they made up about the same proportion of the congregation. Three of them are married now and all of them are active in either our church or a similar congregation in towns where they have moved to.

As for the Liberal Congregation--not one of their children bother attending church today.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 AM

217 posts, read 146,493 times
That's quite the sensational headline that made me chuckle. "You'll NEVER believe what's..." Really? Because the reasons that the article listed are quite believable. "What's drawing Millennials to church..." As a whole, millennials are actually leaving the church in droves.

A more accurate headline is "Here's where we are having success drawing millennials with an interest in our faith to our church"

But whatevs. Good for that church.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,992 times
I think a lot of millennials are turning away from the cacophony of anti-religion propaganda being forced upon them for some time.

They are tired and depressed by constant negativity and wish to experience the uplifting message that churches provide.

More and more of the "sin and go to the devil" churches are being replaced by those that preach forgiveness and salvation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity