Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2007, 10:52 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,398,571 times

Advertisements

After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect said,

"Let me see if I've got this right:

You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the state exams.

You want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile.

You want me to do all this and then you tell me...

I CAN'T PRAY?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 11:19 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,107 times
Very good! I've often thought that most of our teachers in public schools, don't get near the recognition, or the pay, that they should, in contrast to their responsibilities! So, let's at least don't interfere with their prayers. They need all the help they can get!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,881,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
After being interviewed by the school administration, the teaching prospect said,

You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the state exams.

You want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile.

I CAN'T PRAY?"

LOL...that is so true! Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning...I needed that!

Bud

Old 12-17-2007, 11:38 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,115,456 times
Quote:

I CAN'T PRAY?"
I must add to this right-on-target list. My wife works at a PS school here in NYC and also has to perform clean up services to children who cannot initiate such duties after a bathroom call; tend to children who insist on devastating a classroom because they refuse to do the work (and I mean that ALL the desks were turned over and papers strewn everywhere); wipe runny noses; witness 5 year old boys and girls performing simulated acts on other children (I'll leave that to your imagination); and all this while receiving no support whatsoever from the adminstration people. My wife and I pray before she enters the building that she will be able to keep herself composed enough to get through the day and we pray when she comes home that she was able to make it through. Oh yeah, tell us that we're not supposed to pray!! BTW, she works in a K-6 school.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:51 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,268,016 times
Okay...So even June had to smile at this one!

Take gentle Christmas care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity