Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:23 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
for heaven sakes Pleroo .... I quoted the passage for one purpose;
When I compare your proclamation to what Jesus said, it shows that you reject Jesus ...

Jesus said in his proclamation
Matthew 12:36-37 "by your words you will be acquitted \ condemned"
is clearly contrary to your proclamation to ILNCquoting Jesus
Actions speak louder than words. The way that Jesus told people to walk in was one of love. If you're not doing that, then you are denying Jesus.
Twin, what you're saying may make perfect sense to you, but I don 't understand the path your mind is taking ... I don't see the connection. How is what Jesus said in Matthew 12 contrary to the idea that if we are not walking in love, we are denying Jesus?

The passage you're quoting is saying that we shouldn't use words carelessly. I agree. Our words, when used carelessly, can do a lot of harm to others and to ourselves, and to do so is an action that is not in line with the way of love ... thus it would be denying Jesus. But how would that verse, no matter which way you look at it, indicate that Jesus wasn't walking in the way of love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 01:25 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,840,052 times
I think you gave the best answer you could at the time.

Old 06-30-2014, 01:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Twin, what you're saying may make perfect sense to you, but I don 't understand the path your mind is taking ... I don't see the connection. How is what Jesus said in Matthew 12 contrary to the idea that if we are not walking in love, we are denying Jesus?

The passage you're quoting is saying that we shouldn't use words carelessly. I agree. Our words, when used carelessly, can do a lot of harm to others and to ourselves, and to do so is an action that is not in line with the way of love ... thus it would be denying Jesus. But how would that verse, no matter which way you look at it, indicate that Jesus wasn't walking in the way of love?
No Pleroo, it does not limit itself to shouldn't use words carelessly ... it says "by your words you will be acquitted \ condemned"

That carries with it more than your shrugging it off and instead focusing it on "actions speak louder than words" which is based on a half truth of aka "Jesus loves me this I know .. and that is all that I want to know"

Old 06-30-2014, 01:40 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No Pleroo, it does not limit itself to shouldn't use words carelessly ... it says "by your words you will be acquitted \ condemned"

That carries with it more than your shrugging it off and instead focusing it on "actions speak louder than words" which is based on a half truth of aka "Jesus loves me this I know .. and that is all that I want to know"
I'm not shrugging anything off. It's absolutely vital that we walk in the way of love, for our own good, and for the good of others. When we don't, yes, we are under condemnation, because we are living in the false belief of separation from God, from LOVE.

But yep. God loves me. God loves you. God loves us all. Nothing's gonna change that. Not even careless words.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,387 times
Jesus told the parable about a father asking his two sons to go work in the field and one said he did not want to and left but later he felt bad and did go work in the fields and the other immediately agreed to go work but then changed his mind and did not work and then Jesus asked which one did his father's will.........so he does not strictly judge by your words.......intentions, attitudes, and yes, actions and words all have a role in our growth and maturity yet we are products of a creator, we do not make ourselves no matter how much man wants to take credit for his successes.

Be at peace.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist;[B
35451302God will not give us more than we can handle AND if God brings you to it, God will see you through it. Picture me smiling here, because now I know that MY God would not allow my son to be tested in a way that he could not handle. God would be right there holding him up, giving him to the strength to do what is right and what is necessary.[/b]

Thanks, everyone. God is good...all the time.

weather... <><
If you believe it for your son, why not believe it for the rest of humanity?

I hope your son keeps questioning things and discovers the true character of our Creator, which is pure agape LOVE.

Love doesn't say "love me, believe in me... OR ELSE." and that is EXACTLY what some if not most Christian churches actually preach. No wonder there is so much fear. There is no fear in love.

Good for your son for questioning.
May he continue to do so, in order that he may come to find he does not need to FEAR.
God loves him.
And God loves us ALL.

peace,
sparrow

Old 06-30-2014, 10:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
I'm not shrugging anything off. It's absolutely vital that we walk in the way of love, for our own good, and for the good of others. When we don't, yes, we are under condemnation, because we are living in the false belief of separation from God, from LOVE.

But yep. God loves me. God loves you. God loves us all. Nothing's gonna change that. Not even careless words.
Despite your rejecting what Jesus said in his proclamation Matthew 12:36-37 "by your words you will be acquitted \ condemned" ... it's still the truth.

oh ... your statement of " When we don't, yes, we are under condemnation," shows just how much you shrug off the seriousness of being condemned. You act as if it's nothing more than some time-out slapping of the patties.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
The real question for a nine year old---and perhaps for the rest of us---is not whether we have the courage to die for Christ, but whether we have the courage to live for Him. The dying part is easy. The living part much harder because so few who claim His name actually practice it.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
So, yes you agree or no you don't?
Obligatory belief to what is written has existed since ancient times in many cultures.
Implying that coercion and fear of punishment, produces better soldiers?

Old 07-01-2014, 12:11 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Of course you are! -- I'll stick with what God says!
And exactly what is that - the deceptive, misleading, and false notion, that is predicated on the sensationalism of punishment and rewards?

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-01-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity