Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:19 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sorry I actually believe the New Covenant and I personally experience the Comforter (for real). Knowing the truth is a no-brainer because God has "written in our hearts" and we have the Comforter within our consciousness.

at minimum 100 people have said this to me over the years--I asked them to ask their HS what is the 7 headed beast with 10 horns and the two horned beast of Revelation 13---I have yet received an answer. Will you be the first after all these years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 01:38 PM

63,770 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Sorry I actually believe the New Covenant and I personally experience the Comforter (for real). Knowing the truth is a no-brainer because God has "written in our hearts" and we have the Comforter within our consciousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
at minimum 100 people have said this to me over the years--I asked them to ask their HS what is the 7 headed beast with 10 horns and the two horned beast of Revelation 13---I have yet received an answer. Will you be the first after all these years?
Revelation has always seemed to me to be the ravings of a man on acid. I think that ANYONE who claims to know what Revelation says or is about exceeds credulity. I have studied extensively and I would not pretend to know what it is all about. There are verses that the Comforter has let me see some relevance for using the "mind of Christ" . . . but very few.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:38 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
While Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus (see post #38), Mary was certainly the biological mother of the humanity of Jesus, though not of His deity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
error, negative, Mary, or any other mother. that's why one must be, got to be "BORN AGAIN". try again.
Mary is the biological mother of the humanity of Jesus Christ. She bore Jesus Christ in her body. It is through her that Jesus is biologically related to king David.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:41 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Quote:
Revelation has always seemed to me to be the ravings of a man on acid. I think that ANYONE who claims to know what Revelation says or is about exceeds credulity. I have studied extensively and I would not pretend to know what it is all about. There are verses that the Comforter has let me see some relevance for using the "mind of Christ" . . . but very few.
In nother words, the truth is that it really doesn't matter.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:

Its pretty simple if one read Daniel---a horn = a kingdom---10 horns = a place where kingdoms gather( an eighth king in itself--the one who was, is not( death stroke) and yet is( death stroke got healed)
2 horns = 2 kingdoms working together.( the final world power) can you see now?

The two horned beast( eagle-lion) exercise all authority of the 7 headed beast---cannot buy or sell( sanctions) makes fire( destruction) come down out of the heavens( bombs)

Last edited by kjw47; 07-02-2014 at 01:53 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In nother words, the truth is that it really doesn't matter.
No, it clearly does matter to MysticPHd. The truths of rev have only been revealed through Jesus' real teachers. This has been fulfilled through them-Daniel 12:4

Old 07-02-2014, 01:52 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
No, it clearly does matter to MysticPHd. The truths of rev have only been revealed through Jesus' real teachers. This has been fulfilled through them-Daniel 12:4
And how does that affect your walk in the Way, your relationship with God and your fellow humans?

Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, after getting a giggle out of the discussion here, ......
Which is probably healthier than my doing this: after reading several of the posts on this thread.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And how does that affect your walk in the Way, your relationship with God and your fellow humans?

My life has turned around for the better--learning Jesus' truths and applying them. Before that I was a selfish, drug doing and selling, thief, drunkard who fornicated regularly by not caring how it affected anyone else. Now I have stripped off the old personality( worker of iniquity) and try to live righteous( not easy in a satan ruled system of things). that is what is required to be born again--not just saying 3 lines of prayer like these( 2Cor 11:12-15) teachers of darkness teach.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM

550 posts, read 516,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Listen up to all those Bartimaeus out there. Mary was married to Joseph, in an espousal marriage, and two, they did not consummate the Marriage until after Jesus was born.
when I hear some say something like this. “the "know" in this instance was pertaining to marriage. Mary was not married when she and Joseph conceived. I know that they haven’t read their bible.

Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost". that's why discussion should be among Christian, instead of fleshly driven people.
...READ...WITH ...COMPREHENSION.....LOL...

When you read "take unto Mary thy wife", it's in the context of "take her AS your wife".... because they were not married yet!...and then it says "for that which is conceived in her", which is telling you that the Angel of the Lord was telling Joseph in layman's terms: "Marry her because she is pregnant with your child and that child is going to be the Messiah"

See, if Joseph was not a part of this whole thing, there would be no need for the Angel to tell him anything. Because what good would it do for the Angel to say "Hey man, you should be the Stepdaddy"...LOL

You've been mislead in your Biblical studies. sorry.

*FYI - In Hebrew culture it was forbidden to have kids out of wedlock. so Joseph married her before the rest of the Israelites saw Mary's pregnant belly and put Joseph to death for that. Because if you get a female pregnant you must be married first. that was Hebrew culture and GOD's Law
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity