Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 06:49 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus is God, He always existed, He was never created. Only groups like the JWs believe he was.
Amen! With my eyes I see three, with my heart I see ONE!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 10-29-2008 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 03:31 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,031,692 times
Quote:
Numbers 23:19 (NIV) God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

I Samuel 15:29 (NIV)He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind.
It is clear here that God is not a man. Jesus was a man. Therefore, Jesus is not God.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,552,954 times
Logic, there is no logic in this. No one is arguing there is - You cannot apply a logical construct to God and to Christianity.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Logic, there is no logic in this. No one is arguing there is - You cannot apply a logical construct to God and to Christianity.
I'd like to ask why not? Because it doesn't make sense?

Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
1. SO, CAN YOU AGREE AND CONFIRM THE FATHERS OWN WORDS IN EXODUS? THAT HE MADE ALL THINGS (ALONE) AND (BY HIMSELF).

As I shared earlier, I believe that God the Father made all things through Jesus Christ. (Please above scripture references) Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh and all things came into being through Him. He is the exact image of the invisible God. God the Father is the source of all, the originator of all. My reference is the Christian scriptures.

Quote:
2. OR, DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THE FATHERS STATEMENT IS INCORRECT? BECAUSE IF JESUS WAS REALLY HELPING HIM, THEN THE FATHER IN TRUTH DID NOT MAKE ALL THINGS (ALONE) AND (BY HIMSELF)?
Again, Campbell:

I don't see a conflict because I believe that God the Father made all things through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh and all things came into being through Him. He is the exact image of the invisible God.

What is an image?

God the Father is the source of all, the originator of all. Jesus, the Word made flesh, is the channel through which God the Father made the world.

Quote:
WORDS MEAN SOMETHING. Which number do you believe? 1. or 2.
Again,

God the Father made all things through Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the Word of God made flesh and all things came into being through Him. He is the exact image of the invisible God. God the Father is the source of all, the originator of all.

Source: The Christian scriptures.

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

Take care and God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 10-29-2008 at 04:14 PM..

Old 10-29-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I'd like to ask why not? Because it doesn't make sense?
The way of the cross does not make sense - in a human world
The beatitudes do not make sense - in a human world

Not in the logical construct.
So now I am free and even stronger
It does not HAVE to make sense

Hey, my yoke just got lighter - for real!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
The way of the cross does not make sense - in a human world
The beatitudes do not make sense - in a human world

Not in the logical construct.
So now I am free and even stronger
It does not HAVE to make sense

Hey, my yoke just got lighter - for real!
as stated before, ignorance is bliss.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
as stated before, ignorance is bliss.
In a way, yes.
I am ok without understanding the whole cosmos and the mind of God.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:53 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,505 times
Quote:
It is clear here that God is not a man. Jesus was a man. Therefore, Jesus is not God.
I believe you have jumped the gun. I posted those passages to reinforce that God does not and cannot lie. These passages are speaking of God the Father, as they had no knowledge of Jesus. It is true that God the Father is not a man, so these words are not proof that Jesus is not who He claimed to be, God in human form. Those passages are truth because God the Father is not a man who lies or changes his mind.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen! With my eyes I see three, with my heart I see ONE!!
Doesn`t the bible say he was begotten.
Doesn`t it say he was FIRST BORN over all creation. I guess we can pick and choose which scripture we want to believe is true then give a church indoctrinated opinion about other plain scripture to make it fit what the church has taught us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity