Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 12:33 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,948,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I agree. Do you believe the following verse. Like you stated in one of your previous post, a simple yes or no answer is all that`s needed.

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).
(YES)

As the Scripture reads, For although (THERE MAY BE SO-CALLED GODS)

Outside of God, there are only (SO-CALLED GODS).
And Jesus is not one of those (SO-CALLED GODS).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Campbell doesn`t believe Jesus is the Father curly!
I believe the Father is a different Being, and I believe that Jesus is a different Being, and I believe the Holy Spirit is a different Being, yet together, I believe they all = ONE GOD.

And that is why the Bible in the first Book proclaims, Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness. This was an example of the Triune God speaking to the other members of the Godhead. It is the mystery of God, which escapes modern mans understanding. Together they are One.

Just like the Atom. You have a Proton, Neutron, and an Electron, yet together they all = One Atom. (God is the same way.)

(JOHN 5:7) There are three that bare record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost and these three are ONE.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
And God made Moses a god to Pharaoh - was he wrong there? Also Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

Also Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
If Jesus was the son from eternity why is God saying this day have I begotten thee?

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give [thee] the heathen [for] thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy possession.

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

There is no other God beside God - Jesus is his anointed Messiah - he is in Jesus reconciling the world to himself, we worship Jesus as Gods representative (mediator) he is reconciling all to himself through Christ.

Philipians 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This does not say that every tongue is confessing Jesus is God (the same as the Father) it is that he is Lord - and the glory is directed at God (the Father)

When Jesus says that he has been given all authority by God the Father and that he can do nothing of himself - it is obvious that means that before he received those things he did not have them - if he was part of God from eternity and did not have a beginning his Father would not have been able to give him anything because he would have had those things from eternity.
When Thomas saw Jesus He said my Lord and (MY GOD). Now if Jesus was not the (ONE TRUE GOD) He would of corrected Thomas for makeing that big (MISTAKE). But what did Jesus say?

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Jesus agreed with Thomas, Jesus is the (ONE TRUE GOD.) And together, Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit = THE ONE TRUE GOD.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 AM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I believe the Father is a different Being, and I believe that Jesus is a different Being, and I believe the Holy Spirit is a different Being, yet together, I believe they all = ONE GOD.

And that is why the Bible in the first Book proclaims, Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness. This was an example of the Triune God speaking to the other members of the Godhead. It is the mystery of God, which escapes modern mans understanding. Together they are One.

Just like the Atom. You have a Proton, Neutron, and an Electron, yet together they all = One Atom. (God is the same way.)

(JOHN 5:7) There are three that bare record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost and these three are ONE.

Quote:
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. [8] And there are three that bear witness [in earth,] the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7, 8 KJV

The words here enclosed in brackets are involved in controversy. The Scofield Reference Bible (1917) notes:

It is generally agreed that v. 7 has no real authority, and has been inserted.

Two questions: 1. What does this note mean? and, 2. Is Scofield right?

Scofield is stating that this verse was not an original part of I John, that the Apostle did not write these words and the Holy Spirit did not inspire them, but that they were inserted into the text of I John at a later date. This opinion is the view of the vast majority of experts on the subject of the original text of the New Testament.
Is Scofield right? To answer this, we must ask, what is the evidence?

First, some essential background information

I John and all of the NT was originally written in the Greek language.
from the 1st century until the printing of the NT in the early 16th century (more than 1,400 years), all copies of the NT were hand-written manuscripts.
Scribes, subject to human limitations, made various mistakes in producing copies, most being accidental changes, though some were intentional.
While God did not preserve the copists from making any mistakes, He did providentially limit the degree of variation so that the doctrinal content of the NT was not affected by the variations introduced. The doctrinal teaching of all 1,500 printed editions of the Greek NT is identical.
Most scribal errors are immediately recognizable, and the text of the NT can be established with 99.5% certainty, and the remaining .5% does not affect doctrine.

We have a much higher degree of certainty of the exact original wording of the NT than any other writing from the ancient world. More than 5,000 Greek manuscripts have been preserved (one less than 50 years later than the original writing of John), plus translations into nearly a dozen ancient languages, plus more than 85,000 quotations in Christian writers from the 1st to the 10th centuries.

The evidence regarding I John 5:7
Greek manuscripts-about 300 existing Greek manuscripts contain the book of I John. Of these manuscripts, only 4 (manuscript numbers 61, 629, 918, 2318) contain the disputed words of v.7. All four are very late manuscripts (16th, 14th or 15th, 16th, and 18th centuries A.D. respectively); none gives the Greek text exactly as it appears in printed Greek NTs, and all 4 manuscripts give clear evidence that these words were translated into Greek from Latin.
Four additional manuscripts (88, 12th century; 221, 10th; 429, 16th; 636, 15th) have the disputed words copied in the margin by much later writers.
Ancient writers: no Greek-speaking Christian writer before the year 1215 A.D. shows any knowledge of the disputed words. Not once are these words quoted in the great controversy with the Arians (over the Deity of Christ and the doctrine of the Trinity) in the 3rd and 4th centuries; they certainly would have been quoted if they had existed in any Greek manuscript of that period.
The disputed words are quoted as Scripture only by Latin-speaking writers, and only after the middle of the 5th century A.D.
Ancient translations: the disputed words are not found in any of the ancient translations of the NT made in the 2nd-10th centuries A.D.--Syriac, Coptic, Armenian, Georgian, Gothic, Ethiopic, Arabic, Slavic--except in Latin. The words are found in some manuscripts (but not the earliest) of the Old Latin version, and in many manuscripts of the Latin Vulgate (but not the earliest).

Conclusion: the evidence of every kind is consistent and clear: the disputed words of I John 5:7 have no claim as an original part of John's letter, but were introduced into Greek from Latin in the very late Middle Ages.
http://www.kjv-only.com/doug/1john5_7.html

God made the atom that way. God also has given Jesus all authority, Jesus did not have it from eternity, God has anointed Jesus as Messiah, deliverer, King he has given all things into his hands - he did not have that from eternity. God on the other hand has not been given anything - he is the ONE and ONLY GOD from eternity.

The Hebrew words used in reference to the praise and honor given to the Messiah do not, in and of themselves, conclusively prove that he is God in human flesh since the very same verbs are often used in contexts where the recipients of such praise and honor are clearly not God. For instance, there are places in the Hebrew Bible where individuals receive kara’, shachah, and/or avad not because they are being worshiped as divinities but because of their status and/or rank, e.g. David gives shachah to Saul due to his position as God’s anointed king (cf. 1 Sam. 24:8; 25:23, 41; 28:14).

"Then David said to the whole assembly, ‘Praise the LORD your God.’ So they all praised the LORD, the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king." 1 Chronicles 29:20

They were bowing to David as Gods representative.

Jesus is the Son of God, he is due worship as the Son of God and Gods representative, he is the express image of God.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:36 AM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
When Thomas saw Jesus He said my Lord and (MY GOD). Now if Jesus was not the (ONE TRUE GOD) He would of corrected Thomas for makeing that big (MISTAKE). But what did Jesus say?

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Jesus agreed with Thomas, Jesus is the (ONE TRUE GOD.) And together, Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit = THE ONE TRUE GOD.
Jesus is due worship as the Son of God, he is our Lord and master - he also calls God, HIS God. God is a title God (Jehovah, Yahweh, Supreme Being) has anointed and exalted Jesus as his image, representative.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:35 AM

14,696 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Quote:
JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER!!

Curly, what is an image?

Quote:
Jesus is due worship as the Son of God, he is our Lord and master - he also calls God, HIS God. God is a title God (Jehovah, Yahweh, Supreme Being) has anointed and exalted Jesus as his image, representative.

God made the atom that way. God also has given Jesus all authority, Jesus did not have it from eternity, God has anointed Jesus as Messiah, deliverer, King he has given all things into his hands - he did not have that from eternity. God on the other hand has not been given anything - he is the ONE and ONLY GOD from eternity.
Amen, Meerkat.

Thank you, Dave.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:59 AM

Quote:
And the Father adresses Jesus (as God), and since the Bible is clear that there is only One God, then I have to believe that Jesus and the Father are the same God. And if they are not the same God, I can only assume that the Father was lieing when He said there is no God but Him.
And Thomas adressed Jesus as (His Lord and God). And Jesus did not correct Thomas for misspeaking, He blessed Thomas for acknowledging His position. Jesus did not bless Thomas for saying His title, He blessed Thomas because he acknowledged Jesus as God.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
A Simple Outline regarding I John 5:7

The Hebrew words used in reference to the praise and honor given to the Messiah do not, in and of themselves, conclusively prove that he is God in human flesh since the very same verbs are often used in contexts where the recipients of such praise and honor are clearly not God. For instance, there are places in the Hebrew Bible where individuals receive kara’, shachah, and/or avad not because they are being worshiped as divinities but because of their status and/or rank, e.g. David gives shachah to Saul due to his position as God’s anointed king (cf. 1 Sam. 24:8; 25:23, 41; 28:14).

"Then David said to the whole assembly, ‘Praise the LORD your God.’ So they all praised the LORD, the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king." 1 Chronicles 29:20

Jesus is the Son of God, he is due worship as the Son of God and Gods representative, he is the express image of God.
1 John 5:7 is found in some Old Latin manuscripts, and the Old Latin dates from around 200 A.D. This is 150 years before anything we have in Greek copies. Also, some UBS critical text now admitted that it is found in some Armeniam manuscripts. So I would not be in a hurry to deleat it from your Bible.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:07 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,384,544 times
Quote:

Conclusion: the evidence of every kind is consistant and clear: the disputed words of I John 5:7 have no claim as the original part of John's letter, but were introduced into Greek from the Latin in the very early middle ages.
This has all been discussed before in many other threads and there was a sad attempt to gloss it over , but fortunately it was a complete failure as it has been for centuries. Here are some more references on the subject.

Sir Issac Newton who wrote a book specifically dealing with this fraud in a book titled: "An Historical Account of Two Notable corruptions of Scripture". Here Sir Issac Newton exposes the fraudulant changes made in 1 John 5:7 & 1 Timothy 3:16.
An Historical Account of Two Notable Corruptions of Scripture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were other men such as William Whiston and William Tyndale. Unfortunately these men lost their positions in Universities and even strangeled and burned at the stake by the very promoters of this God dishonnoring doctrine. Jesus never gave instructions to butcher anyone who disagreed with him and yet we see exactly the opposite conduct from such religious leaders. Many of us who don't share Trinitarian beliefs should feel fortunate that the Clergy of christendom no longer wield the power and authority they once did, to destroy any who disagreed with their views. Otherwise most of us would have died a long time ago. The same hatred however persists to this very day. The words Jesus spoke to the religious leaders of his day, scribes & Pharisees, ring true even todays.
John 8:44 - "New International Version"
Quote:
"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaking is native language, for he is a liar and father of lies."

And there are many many more references out there, but sadly ignored by those who rather believe in a lie. So let them believe whatever they so please. Those that would perpetuate a fraud invented by apostate clergyman centuries ago will be subject to the consequences mentioned in Revelation chapt 22 and verses 18 & 19 about adding or taking away from the scriptures. Clearly many should leave these organizations before Almighty God puts his thought into the hearts of politicians to completely destroy all false religion. This event comes closer into being with the movement of the governments today into a one world government.

RUN QUICKLY!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:23 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,548,110 times
So who was in Heaven when Abraham was visited by GOD?

So who was in Heaven when Moses was visited by GOD?

I also thought anyone who sees God the Father would die....

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity