Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 11:25 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Oh, so its only "liberals and progressives" that want to sin?

Not conservatives, who advocate for war and the death penalty despite "Thou shall not kill"?

Not conservatives, who resent having any of their precious income going to help the poor?

Not conservatives, who shun anyone who is not the same color, religion, nationality or sexual orientation?

I think liberals and conservatives are equally guilty, they just choose different parts of God's law they want to ignore.

Your broad brushing conservatives is just as ridiculous as his broad brushing liberals and progressives.
Wait, were you just being sarcastic and it went over my head? lol..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 12:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Weeeelllllll, at least it is just as valid........or not, as the case may be, depending on the individul. Or was that your point?

Old 07-08-2014, 12:17 PM

250 posts, read 218,925 times
Herbert is dead and his church has repented and turned to Christ. Too bad some missed the boat.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
COG? Did I miss something?

Old 07-08-2014, 12:24 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
^This is how the Bumper Sticker Christian thinks.

They believe they can sin 24/7 and just say "Jesus Wept" and everythings' ok. not true
My belief is that when I fall and sin, if I sincerely say that I'm sorry and repent and make an honest effort to not do it again, then I am forgiven. And this is because Jesus died on the cross so that we could receive forgiveness for our sins.

Now if I fall, and never get up and say screw it, I don't care, I'm going to keep doing my sin, that's where it can get ugly. God wants us to get close to Him. And of course we can't be close to Him and be out sinning all the time. Something's gotta give, but it's OUR choice what we do. I am currently choosing to try to be as close to God and his Son as possible, so I am changing my lifestyle as quickly as I can.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:35 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Oh, so its only "liberals and progressives" that want to sin?

Not conservatives, who advocate for war and the death penalty despite "Thou shall not kill"?

Not conservatives, who resent having any of their precious income going to help the poor?

Not conservatives, who shun anyone who is not the same color, religion, nationality or sexual orientation?

I think liberals and conservatives are equally guilty, they just choose different parts of God's law they want to ignore.
While I don't think that's a fair characterization of all or even most conservatives, your last statement has alot of truth to it. There are many liberals and progressives that are looking for loopholes that will allow them to sin, but there are just as many if not more conservatives that use their legalism and their purposely narrow views to justify thinking in unloving ways and miss the heart of God's laws. They have a common disease I like to call "Imrightism." From my experience, liberals and progressives can develop it as well, but not to the same degree because of the nature of how they think.

This is a rather serious disease because the carrier not only often leans to the far right politically, but they have an uncontrollable desire to believe they are right about everything thing they believe without further research. They want so badly to believe they have all the big answers in life that develop tunnelvision while looking at those answers and they have 100s of different creative ways of saying "it is the way it is and thats the way it is!" For many of these individuals, anyone who believes something slight to the left of what they believe are labeled by them as "Unbelievers, New Agers, Athiests, Communists, Marxists, Maoists, and sometimes even Hippies.

If you or a loved one suffers from Imrightism, there is a new medication called Imjustaflawedhumanizene. it will help you see things in ways you may have never considered and will help you restore the more adventurous perspective on things you may have lost. Ask a doctor or therapist before taking Imjustaflawedhumanizene if you are Pat Robertson or have been afflicted with Imrightism for more than 50 years. Do not take Imjustaflawedhumanizene if you have severe depression or anxiety that is linked directly to your Imrightism. Do not consult your Pastor about Imjustaflawedhumanizene if he or she also suffers from Imrightism. Temporary side effects may include headache, nausea, vomiting, depression, low level heart palpitations, and a wide array of new thought patterns. Ask your therapist if Imjustaflawedhumanizene is right for you....or just send 3 easy payments of 19.99 to...

..ok I'm having too much fun with this one Most of that was silly exaggerated stereotyping because I haven't done a goofy post in a while, but it also comes partially from my experience as a former sufferer of Imrightism. I still show some occasional symptoms, but I'd like to think its in remission

Last edited by Jrhockney; 07-08-2014 at 12:49 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 01:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
but I'd like to think its in remission
You couldn't make that (really great) post if it wasn't.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:42 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Your broad brushing conservatives is just as ridiculous as his broad brushing liberals and progressives.
Wait, were you just being sarcastic and it went over my head? lol..
I should not have broad-brushed conservatives that way. Of course, not all conservatives are guilty of the behaviors I listed. I was just trying to illustrate how those on the right can be sinful as well. I think the poster I was responding to needed some concrete examples since his political bias was clearly clouding his thinking.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:42 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
God's love is so much higher than we believe. This world has a lot of "unlove" in it, but we need not curse the darkness because darkness already has its own curse built in.

Forever - Rob Costlow (And A Few Poems) - YouTube

Old 07-09-2014, 07:19 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
God's love is so much higher than we believe. This world has a lot of "unlove" in it, but we need not curse the darkness because darkness already has its own curse built in.
You are absolutely right, Heartsong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity