Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 07:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Every soul will be purified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 08:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
"From the believers heart will flow rivers of living water."

Old 07-08-2014, 09:17 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
The last time, The Most High just drowned everybody and decided to start over with Noah and his seeds.

But the next time......

EVERY SOUL WILL BE TRIED BY FIRE!
Woohoo BBQ time

Old 07-08-2014, 11:38 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Maybe he meant it all figuratively?
This

Old 07-09-2014, 12:28 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
I was looking for the old friendship thread at the top, but I don't see it. I had wanted to post a poem. I remember my mother quoting lines from this in a card she gave me as a child.

~ SOLITUDE ~

Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone.
For the sad old earth must borrow it's mirth,
But has trouble enough of its own.
Sing, and the hills will answer;
Sigh, it is lost on the air.
The echoes bound to a joyful sound,
But shrink from voicing care.

Rejoice, and men will seek you;
Grieve, and they turn and go.
They want full measure of all your pleasure,
But they do not need your woe.
Be glad, and your friends are many;
Be sad, and you lose them all.
There are none to decline your nectared wine,
But alone you must drink life's gall.

Feast, and your halls are crowded;
Fast, and the world goes by.
Succeed and give, and it helps you live,
But no man can help you die.
There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a long and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox - American Poet born in 1850 in Johnstown, Wisconsin [Died 1919]

Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM

5 posts, read 3,793 times
The Bible’s answer

Some Bible translations use the word “hell†for the Hebrew word “Sheol†and the matching Greek word “Hades,†both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:27) Many people believe in a fiery hell, as shown in the religious artwork accompanying this article. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.â€â€”Ecclesiastes 9:10.

Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.

Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.â€â€”Romans 6:7.

Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.†(Genesis 3:19) God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.

God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is contrary to the Bible’s teaching that “God is love.â€â€”1 John 4:8; Jeremiah 7:31.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM

550 posts, read 516,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyInfo View Post
The Bible’s answer

Some Bible translations use the word “hell” for the Hebrew word “Sheol” and the matching Greek word “Hades,” both of which refer to the common grave of mankind. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:27) Many people believe in a fiery hell, as shown in the religious artwork accompanying this article. However, the Bible teaches otherwise.

Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. “There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol.”—Ecclesiastes 9:10.

Good people go to hell. The faithful men Jacob and Job expected to go there.—Genesis 37:35; Job 14:13.

Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. “He who has died has been acquitted from his sin.”—Romans 6:7.

Eternal torment would violate God’s justice. (Deuteronomy 32:4) When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simply be to pass out of existence: “Dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.

God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is contrary to the Bible’s teaching that “God is love.”—1 John 4:8; Jeremiah 7:31.

Does "Love" = no punishment? Let's find out.....

Revelation 14:10

"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without
mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire...."

^^This is speaking directly to what Yeshua is going to do to the wicked.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Does "Love" = no punishment? Let's find out.....
Revelation 14:10

"The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without
mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire...."
^^This is speaking directly to what Yeshua is going to do to the wicked.
Another would-be Revelation expert. Those who claim to know what Revelation is actually all about have tremendous hubris. I have studied extensively and I do not claim to know what it is all about. It is the most enigmatic book in the Bible.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM

550 posts, read 516,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Another would-be Revelation expert. Those who claim to know what Revelation is actually all about have tremendous hubris. I have studied extensively and I do not claim to know what it is all about. It is the most enigmatic book in the Bible.
but yet still the easiest to understand. which is why it's called the "Revelation" . aka Reveal.

Reveal means to "know" and "see" aka understand.

If I had a mask on and revelead my face, you'd then know who was behind the mask no?

Revelation = Reveal

Old 07-09-2014, 11:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
but yet still the easiest to understand. which is why it's called the "Revelation" . aka Reveal.

Reveal means to "know" and "see" aka understand.

If I had a mask on and revelead my face, you'd then know who was behind the mask no?

Revelation = Reveal
If it worked like that, how did so many of those called his own not recognize the revealing of Jesus Christ?. By the way, the book of revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ and to attempt to understand it literally you never will understand it.
There is only one formula to understand God and the things of God and that is to spiritually minded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity