Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 02:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
That article is from a site called Charisma News. Did you know the word charisma means false charm?
What's your problem with the source? Do you take issue with Pentecostalism?

And did you know that the word charisma means a divinely conferred gift or spiritual power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 02:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
That's exactly what they said about wedding photographers and bakers and we all saw how that turned out, right? Because the government can't force anyone to do anything against their religion, right?
More evidence the bible causes paranoia.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:36 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
More evidence the bible causes paranoia.
It's not paranoia, it's news. It's what is happening right now. Have you read about the anti-Christian laws being passed in Canada? Expressing Christian beliefs can get your fined or arrested there if you're not careful.

It will come here and will get worse. You can doubt me all you want, but the writing is on the wall. Anti-homosexual words will labeled as 'hate-speech' and will be outlawed under the guise of upholding 'civil rights'. Churches will be fined, pastors will be jailed and tax-exemptions will be stripped. This is the next step.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:40 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
It will come here and will get worse. You can doubt me all you want, but the writing is on the wall. Anti-homosexual words will labeled as 'hate-speech' and will be outlawed under the guise of upholding 'civil rights'. Churches will be fined, pastors will be jailed and tax-exemptions will be stripped. This is the next step.
Utter nonsense. The movement is in the opposite direction. "Hate-speech" has never been more protected in the US than it is today.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
It's not paranoia, it's news. It's what is happening right now. Have you read about the anti-Christian laws being passed in Canada? Expressing Christian beliefs can get your fined or arrested there if you're not careful.
Link?

Quote:
"Paranoia strikes deep. Into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid...."

-Buffalo Springfield

Old 07-24-2014, 03:04 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What's your problem with the source? Do you take issue with Pentecostalism?

And did you know that the word charisma means a divinely conferred gift or spiritual power?
That is some nasty fire and brimstone. The devil spirit... being gay has nothing to do with the devil, any more than being left-handed has to do with the devil.

Old 07-24-2014, 03:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

That which i greatly feared came upon me. Job 3:25

Old 07-24-2014, 04:58 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,139 times
As I said, my church will stand firm in God's Word, no matter the trial or tribulation. Today we are blessed with the amount of religious freedom we enjoy. However, that may not always be the case and then we will separate the wheat from the chaff.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:30 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That which i greatly feared came upon me. Job 3:25
I think this is a good place to point out the power of our expectations and intentions, pcamps. My experiences in life have followed a pattern that conformed to my actual expectations and intentions. This requires that you have the introspection to know what you actually expect and what you actually intend. But it has been consistent throughout my life. It is almost as if the mechanics and processes of this life are geared to respond to our actual expectations and intentions . . . not our conscious or desired or willful ones. There is a fine line between those that is hard to distinguish if you do not really know yourself very well. Bottom line: If in your heart of heart you truly expect negative outcomes . . . they will tend to happen . . . and vice versa. This is why it it so important to follow Christ and expect and give agape love. The vicissitudes of this world can too easily create cynicism and skepticism as a general worldview. That tends to become its own self-fulfilling prophesy. Life can be better . . . but seldom if you expect it not to be.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:34 PM

667 posts, read 940,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
It doesn't matter what the "Pastor" says if it disagrees with what GOD has said...

My Pastor preaches/teaches the Word of God which states exactly what was posted.
Unfortunately there are few Pastors today who teach the True Word of God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity