Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 08:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Start one
Starting threads is against my religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 08:30 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
God created man with a brain of two hemispheres , a left and a right side . the two process information differently, and, must come to a decision, a place of choice.
Choice gives us the capacity to learn and move and operate .
God even made angels with choice as well , God didn't make robots, or drones, or zombies.

Adam was given a rebuilt balanced orderly world, and he had a choice.
Due to Satan's twist of God's word to him, gave up his authority over the earth .

God knew this would happen because it is part of the plan; to find replacements if you will, for the fallen angels, whom took their existence for granted, just like you .

When I worked in manufacturing something I hadn't realized was made quite shockingly real ,that a very large portion of parts finished or not get scrapped .
Not repaired, or even recycled, scrapped. I know it, I did it.

Production was coronary, and carotid artery stents and most of the components it takes to install them .

There were some processes I could not accomplish well enough to satisfy production, because I did not have a light enough touch, and found other processes that suited my abilities .

Between people and material errors ,hundreds of thousands of dollars are lost due to work being scrapped .
This is not good for production, but it's life.
The cost of doing business.

It doesn't mean that those working don't care about what they are doing, they care a great deal.
They did not put me on line part just to see me fail and deliberately hurt production.

I was working my level best ,but "my" best just didn't cut it.

I excelled in many other things, and that is why they put me there .
Out of 60+ people on that particular line only 2 were capable of accomplishing the task.
Very soft hands, and near sighted.

Matthew 13;47 Jesus said , (paraphrase) the kingdom of heaven is like angels throwing a net into the sea gathering ever thing in it pulling it and sorting out what's worth keeping and throwing back the rest.

God picks what worth keeping.
John 15; God removes nonproductive branches (self governed nonproductive christians)and burns them.
Matthew 7;21,22,23,

So merely making a claim among men, even performing miracles in Jesus name successfully, do not necessarily certify one obedient to God.
1 Peter 4;17,18,19,
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place, so one can be obedient to God.
Jesus said many are called but few are chosen.

Funny thing is , you don't have to believe it, you'll not likely be missed.
This is a culture of desperate love and obedience to God.

People that simply looking to Jesus as fire insurance isn't going to fly.

Being highly educated in religion and all, still doesn't cut the mustard.
So ,

Knowing how selective God is , and, that abuse from God's design is an offense, There are very few christians going to pass the filter of God's examination , much less those whom are out right rebellious.

Revelation the list of rejects ends with all liars. ( Muslims have an opposite view BTW)

Let me clarify what I believe God's word is.
If Jesus said it , it's God's word.
If the Holy Spirit reiterates it to me, it is God's word to me.
What men teach in scriptures , are not all God's word.
I am bound to God's word on a personal level.
Not scriptures written to other men, but God speaking in my life .
The OP asked what my pastor says about homosexuality.
God is my pastor.
He does not approve.

Last edited by arleigh; 08-24-2014 at 08:39 PM..

Old 08-24-2014, 09:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It's stunning, isn't it - and not in a good way - to read what some people believe in 2014?
As far as I know 2 men having sex won't produce a child as 2 women having sex won't produce a child. 2014 or any other year.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
As far as I know 2 men having sex won't produce a child as 2 women having sex won't produce a child. 2014 or any other year.
Too bad that's as far as you know.

There's lots more out there you could learn.

Old 08-25-2014, 12:20 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Too bad that's as far as you know.

There's lots more out there you could learn.
Like sex on the side just to get pregnant or all the things doctors can do which kills the embryos that aren't wanted?

Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Nothing I have said belongs to me, but comes from the Word of God. I am merely a follower, not the originator.

How can we know the truth?

Jesus said:
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life and no one comes to the father but through me..." (John 14:6).
Different doesn't mean correct. Lies cannot be truth. Truth exists. God is truth. All those who follow God will be with Him in eternity and those who reject Him will be separated from Him for eternity. The God of the OT is the same God of the NT. There is zero contradiction.

God's morality is that homosexual acts are sin and seperate us from God. If you claim to be a child of God, then you and your pastor should be in accord regarding not partaking in such sexual sin. If you are a non-Christian, then you must first change your heart and that can only come through the Holy Spirit after you have believed on Christ as your Savior.

Of course it is easier to preach a doctrine of 'do anything you want' or 'whatever makes you feel good' or 'God will save everyone no matter what' but that is not just a different opinion or a different interpretation, it is simply wrong.

Jesus said:
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it." (Matthew 7:13)
According to YOUR interpretation. That doesn't mean you are correct. Other people have different interpretations.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Perhaps I did not make myself clear and if that is the case I apologize.

Man did indeed walk on the moon. This is truth regardless of how many people believe it to be false.

God exists and all are under the authority of His objective morality. This truth exists regardless of how many people deny it.

Homosexual acts are sin against an all-powerful, perfect God. Again, this is true regardless of how many people believe otherwise.

The argument of the existence of contrary beliefs is an empty argument, for it fails to cast light on either side and ignores the truth and the evidence.
You have made yourself quite clear. You think that YOUR version of God and YOUR interpretations of Biblical texts are 'truth' and anyone with different ideas to yours.... is wrong.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Our Pastor makes it clear that no one sin is worse than another, and that any un-repented sin will keep us from entering God's Kingdom. He also points out other sins that are abominations to God that includes lying and pride. None of us are without sin. No not one.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Indeed He did not. However, God divinely influenced the human authors of the Scriptures in such a way that what they wrote was the very Word of God. It was human hands writing what God wanted them to write, which is why we call it the Word of God.

So while you are right that God did not physically write the Scripture, you are incorrect that I choose to trust men, as I trust in the God that perserved His Word so that I might know His will.
I suggest you look up the Greek word Logos. It didn't mean the Bible.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:45 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
According to YOUR interpretation. That doesn't mean you are correct. Other people have different interpretations.
Let's hear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity