Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:55 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times

Advertisements

it would seem that your Christian God hates everybody whether you're a sinner are not, is it wrong not to believe in your Christian God?and why is it a sin if you don't?and just exactly what is it that makes it a sin? is your Christian God going to hate everybody who doesn't believe in him? if that's the case he's got a whole lot of hate to go around.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:04 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So I take it from the above posters that both Old and New Testaments are incorrect in their reports concerning God.
The Bible doesn't say God hates the sin but loves the sinner. It says He HATES the sinner. And since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, the only hope for mankind is through His Son Jesus Christ.
None of you believe Jesus Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life? And He is all that because God HATES the sinner and knows there is no hope for any of us outside redemption through Jesus?
I am saddened by this thread, brother. The Bible IS NOT the word of God! Jesus is and He did not rely on wirtten words to convey His revelation of God's true nature and agape love for us all. He wrote nothing. He used His life and body to make it unambiguous. He knew that the written word failed and can too easily be misinterpreted and corrupted by lying scribes, false teachers, etc. That is why He used His life and unambiguous death as His Gospel. He smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers because they knew not what they did. That is an unambiguous message of agape love, Warden. Retaining the evil beliefs about God from the OT and those that infiltrated into the NT corrupts your understanding of God and agape love. It is an evil doctrine of savage barbarians that should never have survived into the 21st century.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
So I take it from the above posters that both Old and New Testaments are incorrect in their reports concerning God.

The Bible doesn't say God hates the sin but loves the sinner. It says He HATES the sinner. And since all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, the only hope for mankind is through His Son Jesus Christ.

None of you believe Jesus Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life? And He is all that because God HATES the sinner and knows there is no hope for any of us outside redemption through Jesus?
Hi Warden, i think you post many wonderful posts on here, but you surprise me with this one. I am sure you are familiar with the scripture that God demonstrated his love towards us while we were still sinners. I am convinced this has always been the case, but mankind could never comprehend it, but to prove it and nail it(pardon the pun)once and for all, Jesus Christ laid down his life.

How can you hate someone who does not know what they are doing ?. Mankind having created god after its own image and instilled fear within itself from holding that image in its mind,which so far separates itself from the reality of God and all that God represents,it misses the mark by a country mile, how can it not do ?. It's never been about sin, but God reconciling mankind back to himself, not by man quitting sinning but by knowing God and himself.

"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'

God is not on our case in regards to sin, he is on a mission to reveal himself to us so we wake up and know who we are and where we have come from. Then we live out our days in righteousness and in our true identity.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:11 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hi Warden, i think you post many wonderful posts on here, but you surprise me with this one. I am sure you are familiar with the scripture that God demonstrated his love towards us while we were still sinners. I am convinced this has always been the case, but mankind could never comprehend it, but to prove it and nail it(pardon the pun)once and for all, Jesus Christ laid down his life.
How can you hate someone who does not know what they are doing ?. Mankind having created god after its own image and instilled fear within itself from holding that image in its mind,which so far separates itself from the reality of God and all that God represents,it misses the mark by a country mile, how can it not do ?. It's never been about sin, but God reconciling mankind back to himself, not by man quitting sinning but by knowing God and himself.
"I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.'
God is not on our case in regards to sin, he is on a mission to reveal himself to us so we wake up and know who we are and where we have come from. Then we live out our days in righteousness and in our true identity.
Amen!!Well said, pcamps.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:15 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Of course I don't see it that way. I say God loves the creature but hates the sin itself. Had God not loved the creature, He might not have offered His Son. Why would He? He could just kill us all off and be done with us. Christ said if you had seen Him, you had also seen the Father. Christ also said that He and the Father are one. Christ condemned no one while He walked among mankind. Many of the folks Christ interacted with were sinners.
,Someone is a heretic who comes up with a statement as the OP. If God hated us He would not have sent His Son to die for our sins and I love Christ for what He did as I can't save myself that is for sure. Great statement above.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
it would seem that your Christian God hates everybody whether you're a sinner are not, is it wrong not to believe in your Christian God?and why is it a sin if you don't?and just exactly what is it that makes it a sin? is your Christian God going to hate everybody who doesn't believe in him? if that's the case he's got a whole lot of hate to go around.

You would be wrong in saying that, I don't know where the OP came to that conclusion as it is just the opposite that He loves but hates the sins we display whether small or large. Sin is sin and will always be a sinful nature world until the Second Coming, but He will always love us and wants us to live in His Kingdom

Old 07-11-2014, 12:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Warden, there are some unequivocal verses stating God'd love for us like Romans 5:"7For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. 8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us," and the last few verses of Matthew 5 in which Jesus enjoins us to love our enemies to be like our Father. Given the apparent contradiction with your citations, and the fact that the only one of your verses that stated that God hates the sinner is the Psalms verse, don't you think a little further digging is indicated?

Old 07-11-2014, 12:27 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen!!Well said, pcamps.
I've got to add more on this one ... can't rep.

Beautiful, pcamps.

(Ps. I agree that Warden has contributed many wonderful posts to this forum. )

Old 07-11-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:

Well I have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and know that His Son is the Way, the Truth and the Life but know that Father didn't dislike me beforehand, that is ludicroud and is a way to lose credibility to others reading your posts.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:10 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Correct Warden. The Lord hates the violent and the unrighteous.

"The Father loves the son and whatever He does He shows Him." He shows him great works so you will be amazed.

"The Lord loves justice and right."

"No one knows the son except the Father and no one knows the Father except the son and to whomever the son will reveal Him."

"The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

"I am the gate whoever enters by me will be saved."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity