Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Love definition in the Bible:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails
Love is greater than faith.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is so true, love knows.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:12 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yes, it is lovely and warming. (Gospel = "good news".)
And what of you and your sins... will you be the first to cast stones..?
Are your sins so much lighter than others whom you would apparently push so readily into the "flames"?
The criminal does not "go free". You are comparing man's justice to God's. Man's way is imperfect. God's way is perfect..
Man says an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth.
God's mercy is unceasing.
Think on this: Psalm 103:12 - He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west.
"It is finished"
We ALL reap what we sow.
The knowledge of the actions and consequences of our NON-LOVE will be very painful to endure.
This is the REFINING, friend. There is no "eternal hell" or "torture chambers" My God. MY GOD! Total blasphemy. You profane the name of Christ when you speak of such atrocity.
As in Adam, ALL die.
So in CHRIST, shall ALL live.
Jesus Christ is the SAVIOUR of the world.
These things command and teach.
Love is the most powerful thing in existence.
You simply do not yet understand it's supreme power.
God IS Love.
You misunderstand the core of the Gospel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Love definition in the Bible:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is so true, love knows.
Amen! So true indeed, my brothers and sisters.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:34 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTruthandLife View Post
Before I became a born again Christian I remember believing in the saying 'God hates the sin but loves the sinner'. I came to realize through scripture that this is a lie. No, God hates the sin and the sinner.

But God is not hate. The Lord is long suffering and not willing that any should perish(2Pet 3:9). God has a everlasting love to those that believe on His Son, the Lord Jesus(Heb 13:5). He gave us a way to be reconciled to Him, and that way is the Lord Jesus Christ.

(John 14:6)Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Becoming a Christian is not difficult. Call upon the Lord and He will save you!

my salvation message
https://faithinhisblood.wordpress.com/are-you-saved/
Another great post!

God does hate sinners and their sins. But His love is greater than His hate as you truly said, The Lord is long suffering and not willing that any should perish[b](2Pet 3:9)

If we reject truly believing in His only begotten Son, we have nobody we can blame but ourselves. God and His Son are the ultimate examples of Love and Justice and Mercy. They are like the father of the prodigal son, ready to welcome him into the fold of those who are saved.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Before I became a born again Christian I remember believing in the saying 'God hates the sin but loves the sinner'. I came to realize through scripture that this is a lie. No, God hates the sin and the sinner.

But God is not hate. The Lord is long suffering and not willing that any should perish(2Pet 3:9). God has a everlasting love to those that believe on His Son, the Lord Jesus(Heb 13:5). He gave us a way to be reconciled to Him, and that way is the Lord Jesus Christ.

(John 14:6)Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

my salvation message
Another great post!

God does hate sinners and their sins. But His love is greater than His hate as you truly said, The Lord is long suffering and not willing that any should perish[b](2Pet 3:9)

If we reject believing in His only begotten Son, we have nobody we can blame but ourselves. God and His Son are the ultimate examples of Love and Justice and Mercy. They are like the father of the prodigal son, ready to run and welcome us into the fold of those who have truly repented and are saved.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:

my salvation message
Another great post!

If we reject believing in His only begotten Son, we have nobody we can blame but ourselves. God and His Son are the ultimate examples of Love and Justice and Mercy. They are like the father of the prodigal son, ready to run and welcome us into the fold of those who have truly repented and are saved.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
If we reject truly believing in His only begotten Son, we have nobody we can blame but ourselves. God and His Son are the ultimate examples of Love and Justice and Mercy. They are like the father of the prodigal son, ready to welcome him into the fold of those who are saved.
So sorry, Robert but anyone who thinks God is capable of hate does not know God or Jesus. Hate is an evil weakness of the human ego and God has no such weaknesses.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:51 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Another great post!

God doesn't hate anyone! You are sorely mistaken! It's sin that he hates and cannot allow to enter into the kingdom! When Satan betrayed him and turned against him, God vowed never to allow evilness or sin to enter in the kingdom again! That is why we need to blood of Jesus. So that we'd be able to enter in! It was never intended to keep anyone out!

Old 12-22-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So sorry, Robert but anyone who thinks God is capable of hate does not know God or Jesus. Hate is an evil weakness of the human ego and God has no such weaknesses.
Mystic,
You never answered the question asking how you explain Psalm 11:[5] The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
Or Prov. 6:[16] These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
[17] A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
[18] An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
[19] A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Last edited by Robert M Prince; 12-22-2014 at 04:55 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Quote:
Mystic,
You never answered the question asking how you explain Psalm 11:[5] The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
This could simply be the misattribution of the pronouns. I can easily believe that the righteous soul can feel "trieth" but the soul of "the wicked and him that loveth violence" would feel "hateth."
Quote:
Or Prov. 6:[16] These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
[17] A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
[18] An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
[19] A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
That is a problem of primitive explanations versus informed ones. Disapproval is NOT "hate." It is an awful mischaracterization of God's motives to use such a misleading word so clearly tied to human ego weaknesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity