Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

So, we can commit adultery, take a life in the process, then wash our hands of it?

"Those with thorns and thistles, eat from that which they have planted."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 07:50 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, we can commit adultery, take a life in the process, then wash our hands of it?

"Those with thorns and thistles, eat from that which they have planted."
David was punished for that. But even hundreds of years later prophets still prophesied of Gods love for David.

"I will change and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one accord."says the Lord

Old 07-26-2014, 08:57 PM

"My chosen one's shall inherit my holy mountain, my servants shall dwell there."

Old 07-26-2014, 09:41 PM

175 posts, read 174,752 times
Just a little quote from L. Ray smith:

David was "a man after God's own heart" in those areas that God caused him to be a man after His own heart.

In all other areas David was as carnal as any man who ever lived. David was not spiritually converted. David DIED IN HIS SINS as an unforgiven murderer.

The New Covenant teaches us that if one does not forgive, neither shall he be forgiven, if one hates in his heart, he is a murderer, and a murderer does NOT have eonian life abiding in him (I John 3:15).

David's dying words were for his son to finish off those on his hit list, and to do it soon and to make it bloody! (I Kings 2:5-9).

the bolded words above was caught my attention

Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boanerges View Post
Just a little quote from L. Ray smith:

David was "a man after God's own heart" in those areas that God caused him to be a man after His own heart.

In all other areas David was as carnal as any man who ever lived. David was not spiritually converted. David DIED IN HIS SINS as an unforgiven murderer.

The New Covenant teaches us that if one does not forgive, neither shall he be forgiven, if one hates in his heart, he is a murderer, and a murderer does NOT have eonian life abiding in him (I John 3:15).

David's dying words were for his son to finish off those on his hit list, and to do it soon and to make it bloody! (I Kings 2:5-9).

the bolded words above was caught my attention
And hundreds of years later God said He would raise up a righteous shoot to David. And David his servant would be the prince of Gods people forever.

Think like God not like man and seek the Lord.

"The Lord has redeemed Jacob and shows His glory through Israel."

Old 07-27-2014, 02:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Another thing is , the land is not a land of earthly places but the land of God. The promised land was never a land of the earth.

"The righteous shall live in the land forever."
Actually it does refer to the earth as the word is:

867 #r,a, n.f. & (seld.) m. earth, land -- 1. a. earth, whole earth (opp. to a part). b. earth, opp. to heaven, sky. c. earth = inhabitants of earth. 2

The LXX of the Hebrew, uses the Greek word:

1293 gea , of the earth; land, country, region; soil, ground; mankind

Old 07-27-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Actually it does refer to the earth as the word is:

867 #r,a, n.f. & (seld.) m. earth, land -- 1. a. earth, whole earth (opp. to a part). b. earth, opp. to heaven, sky. c. earth = inhabitants of earth. 2

The LXX of the Hebrew, uses the Greek word:

1293 gea , of the earth; land, country, region; soil, ground; mankind

Thinking like man, remain a man, think like God and walk in His presence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity