Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 05:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
God said:" I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just"
"that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. "
God hears and is just when declared:

Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

2 Timothy 3:15

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 58:3
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.
You need to learn what righteous judgment actually is, it is not looking at sin and calling it out. When you learn what it is, the bible will read totally different to you, and you will have put to death the hold the handed down vile doctrines and traditions of men that enslave and blind you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I disagree. A baby is not held accountable because he cannot understand the issue and God cannot be unfair. Anyone who cannot even conceive of the concept of God is not held accountable. Whether the parents are themselves believers or not is irrelevant. I am not going to spend time debating the issue however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Then if you not going back up your statements with Biblical facts, then don't make statements like these above as if God spoke them.
" I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just" John 5:30
Nowhere is there the slightest mention in the Bible of "age of accountability" ... that is a direct opposition to Romans 3:19

To preach an "automatic salvation" is the preaching of a different gospel plan that in Galations 1:8-9 God warns for a person to do so will be cursed aka telling such a person that they will go to hell. Galations 1:8-9

declares it's a outright opposition to claim a baby "cannot understand the issue" \ "cannot even conceive of the concept of God" ...
let alone a baby in the womb Psalm 22:10, Luke 1:41- 44
I have been over this subject with you in the past and I simply am not going to take up my time going over it again. I really do not care what you believe.
I will only say this. A baby doesn't understand anything at the moment it's born, and the two verses you referred to don't mean what you make them to mean. God does not send babies to hell.

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-19-2014 at 06:43 PM..

Old 07-19-2014, 06:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Psychologists say babies know right from wrong even at six months ... Yale
Yes, people are born with concience. We are also born with sin nature, which makes us do things we know are wrong.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I have been over this subject with you in the past and I simply am not going to take up my time going over it again. I really do not care what you believe.
I will only say this. A baby doesn't understand anything at the moment it's born, and the two verses you referred to don't mean what you make them to mean. God does not send babies to hell.
I know that you don't care ... anymore than Jerwade, Pcamps, Mystic or any other universalist that relies on their intellect over against what God said.

All that Romans 3:19 declares is that "the whole world may be held accountable to God."
Romans 3:19
Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law,
so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God.

As I told Jerwade in post #24 (clarified)
"What we know from scriptures is that God sends unbelievers to their rightful judgment per their rejection of him and believers are given salvation because of grace through faith ...( faith) is not by a choice we make, (but a gift from God) "
With that being said .... you are so incorrect about "A baby doesn't understand anything at the moment it's born", how you dare to insult the God of creation.
Psalm 139:13
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Psalm 22:10
From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

And
how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, people are born with concience. We are also born with sin nature, which makes us do things we know are wrong.

If it makes us do the the things that we know are wrong, God throughout the Old Testament times wasted his breathe calling israel to repentance.

Justify what you believe by twisting the bible any which way you can.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
It's possible that babies go to hell, of course but the Scripture doesn't specifically teach such a doctrine. What we do know is that there is no excuse for adults to reject God. Even if a person was raised in the woods and never had contact with another person or knew of Christ or the Bible, the general revelation of God bears witness to His glory and cannot be ignored.
This is what is wrong with modern Christianity. That you actually believe a baby could go to hell (your version of hell, no less) is just an abomination. I believe this kind of teaching and also Twin Spin's assertion that babies are born either evil or good is partly responsible for the rampant abuse of children. If there was a hell of the type you believe in - you guys would bust it wide open 5 seconds after you die. Be careful that you do not offend a child. Jesus warned about that.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If it makes us do the the things that we know are wrong, God throughout the Old Testament times wasted his breathe calling israel to repentance.
They repented, so why was it a waste of time

Quote:
Justify what you believe by twisting the bible any which way you can.
Poor pcamps, always looking to kick mud at people........

Old 07-20-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They repented, so why was it a waste of time

Poor pcamps, always looking to kick mud at people........
How when they had a sin nature ?.
How come you still sin ?.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This is what is wrong with modern Christianity. That you actually believe a baby could go to hell (your version of hell, no less) is just an abomination. I believe this kind of teaching and also Twin Spin's assertion that babies are born either evil or good is partly responsible for the rampant abuse of children. If there was a hell of the type you believe in - you guys would bust it wide open 5 seconds after you die. Be careful that you do not offend a child. Jesus warned about that.
My experience as a bible fundamentalist was a living hell, i lliterally lost all sense of how to reason and i was completely unaware of it and of the absurd things i believed.

Old 07-20-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I do not believe such view has anything to do with "modern Christianity", whatever that even means. It sounds more like a personal opinion, and as you can see from the post, the poster actually says the Bible does not teach such views. I have personally never met a person fact to face who believes babies go to hell. As you can see from posts Mike already provided the Bible teaches they do not go o hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity