Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:21 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
- Jesus told Mary, did I not say to you if you believed you would see The Glory Of God?

she said yes Lord at the last day. But Jesus meant in raising her brother from the dead then.

- Jesus didn't die FOR THEIR sins. Jesus died BECAUSE of their sins against Him.
The word 'for' can also be used as 'because'.

Jesus death was not for the salivation of ones spirit/souls to enter heaven.
But for the salvation of flesh to enter heaven.

John the Baptist and Jesus told them to
Repent and be Baptized for the remission of their sins.
THAT WAS GOOD-NEWS, NO MORE ANIMAL SACRIFICES.
Which eliminated The Priesthood as they knew of it and had obeyed it laws.

Jesus rose Lazarus from the dead to prove to them that their flesh would be raised too.
Remember, half of Israel didn't even believe there was such a thing as God resurrecting human flesh to live with Him.

"The Lamb OF GOD" was God's sacrificing His Son to prove it to them. Not for their souls but for their flesh.

"The Lamb OF God" was not Israel's sacrifice.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

What you say is unscriptural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 07:37 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
The topic of this post is in regarding the tension between Mankind's responsibly to believe on Jesus Christ and God's sovereignty in predestining those that believe on Jesus Christ to be conformed to the image of His Son.

Clearly the Scripture states that Faith is a gift of God not coming from the source of Man.(Ephesians 2:8-10). So we can not boast in even the faith we have in Jesus Christ as the source of that is from God. It is also clear that we do not choose God but He chooses us.

Those that stress God's sovereignty are concerned (and I think rightly so) of Man attributing some form of merit to their own thus leading to an ugly form of pride having a righteous superiority over those that have not come to Christ.

Those that stress Man's Responsibility are concerned (and I think rightly so) with Mankind being commanded to believe on the Son for Salvation when they have no participation whatsoever in doing so.

I do think analogies are helpful to help us understand what God is telling us. The Lord Jesus used parables to illustrate divine concepts to His disciples.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:49 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Still without the analogy God does raise people from the dead ............... See The Pastor of my church went on a mission to India last year and this missions was full anointed of Jesus plans ............ And they were driving along one India bad roads and a man walked right out in front of their car going 60 miles an hour and they hit the man and the man was dead , The police came and they were sent to jail to face a long time in jail as the man was dead ................. A few hours in jail and the police let them go , as the man that died came back to life with only a scratch , and off they went in Jesus mission , which hundreds of people were healed of illnesses and Hindus and many people turned to Christ for salvation in the witness ................. See Jesus is still in the raising from the dead business ......

Old 07-25-2014, 04:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

What you say is unscriptural.
And, what is posted came from the minds of men, according to their perceptions.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:15 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And, what is posted came from the minds of men, according to their perceptions.
It came right from Scripture. From where do you derive your posts?

Old 07-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
It came right from Scripture. From where do you derive your posts?
Where the Spirit leads me of course:

"It appears from the Scriptures, that men devise their own way; until corrected."

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-25-2014 at 06:37 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 08:44 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Where the Spirit leads me of course:

"It appears from the Scriptures, that men devise their own way; until corrected."

From your ambiguous reply, I assume you to be one of those who cherry-picks which of the scriptures he/she accepts.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
From your ambiguous reply, I assume you to be one of those who cherry-picks which of the scriptures he/she accepts.
You shouldn't make assumptions, they lead to faulty perceptions.

Old 07-26-2014, 12:01 PM

Jesus is not your animal sacrifice for scapegoating.
Go and learn what this means:
"I desire mercy, not Sacrifice."

Old 07-26-2014, 01:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
I find this kind of remark laughable to be honest. If our understanding of the scriptures is different to yours, it does not mean we are cherry picking.

The eye altering, alters all. William Blake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity