Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 03:32 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,480,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear human,
The simple fact is that Yeshua in Matthew 7:15, put the false prophets past the era of the Old Testament.

As far as Constantine the Great, like Paul, he simply fills the bill. He even filled the bill for Daniel 7:24-25, whereas "He will intend to make alterations in the times and in Law". His decree of 321 AD did precisely that. And his later decree tried to produce a Trinity Doctrine. Both being alterations in the Law and the Times. The two horns like a lamb, on the head of the beast, were Peter and Paul, for whom Constantine glorified both by building basilicas for each. They are the foundation of the Rome's formalized state church. (edict of Theodosius, see at bottom of page)

Constantine's law of…321 [C.E] uniting Christians and pagans in the observance of the "venerable day of the sun" It is to be noted that this official solar worship, the final form of paganism in the empire…, was not the traditional Roman-Greek religion of Jupiter, Apollo, Venus, and the other Olympian deities.It was a product of the mingling Hellenistic-Oriental elements, exemplified inAurelian's establishment of Eastern Sun worship at Rome as the official religion of the empire, and in his new temple enshrining Syrian statutes statues of Bel and the sun…. Thus at last Bel, the god of Babylon, came into the official imperial temple of Rome, the center of the imperial religion. It wasthis late Roman-Oriental worship of one supreme god, symbolized by the sun and absorbing lesser divinities as subordinates or manifestations of the universaldeity, that competed with young Christianity. This was the Roman religion that went down in defeat but infiltrated and colored the victorious church with its own elements, some of which can be seen to this day. (Cramer 4)

On March 7, 321, Sunday was declared the official day of rest, on which markets were banned and public offices were closed,[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constantine_the_Great_and_Christianity

Formalization of the "Christian" church as the Roman state church, and the Trnity Doctrine by Theodosius:

[In addition, if any writing composed by Arius should be found, it should be handed over to the flames, sothat not only will the wickedness of his teaching be obliterated, but nothing will be left even to remind anyone of him. And I hereby make a public order,that if someone should be discovered to have hidden a writing composed byArius, and not to have immediately brought it forward and destroyed it by fire,his penalty shall be death. As soon as he is discovered in this offence, he shall be submitted for capital punishment....."3]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism[/ Edict by Emperor Constantine against the Arians[/

On 27 February 380, together with Gratian and Valentinian II, Theodosius issued the decree "Cunctos populos", the so-called "Edict of Thessalonica", recorded in the Codex Theodosianus xvi.1.2. This declared the Nicene Trinitarian Christianity to be the only legitimate Imperial religion and the only one entitled to call itself Catholic. Other Christians he described as "foolish madmen".[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]14[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] He also ended official state support for the traditional Polytheism religions and customs.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]15[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]
On 26 November 380, two days after he had arrived in Constantinople, Theodosius expelled the non-Nicene bishop, Demophilus of Constantinople, and appointed Meletius patriarch of Antioch, and Gregory of Nazianzus, one of the Cappadocian Fathers from Antioch (today in Turkey), patriarch of Constantinople. Theodosius had just been baptized, by bishop Acholius of Thessalonica, during a severe illness, as was common in the early Christian world.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]citation needed[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]
In May 381, Theodosius summoned a new ecumenical council at Constantinople (see First Council of Constantinople) to repair the schism between East and West on the basis of Nicean orthodoxy.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]16[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] "The council went on to define orthodoxy, including the mysterious Third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, who, though equal to the Father, 'proceeded' from Him, whereas the Son was 'begotten' of Him."[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]17[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] The council also "condemned the Apollonarian and Macedonian heresies, clarified jurisdictions of the state church of the Roman Empire according to the civil boundaries of dioceses and ruled that Constantinople was second in precedence to Rome."[SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]17[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE] The death of Valens, the Arians' protector, probably damaged the standing of the Homoian faction
Hey, I'm sure there are others who "fill the bill" as well. We legalized abortion. Many claim we don't keep the Sabbath, we worship our homes, cars, etc. Moderator cut: Political stuff removed I didn't read all that you posted for I've heard similar claims before.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-26-2014 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Political stuff removed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 03:43 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,585,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Snowball,
The problem with false accusations is that they generally come with no proof, or verification. I have given chapter and verse for my position, whereas you stand on the foundation of a self professed apostle, unknown writers, the traditions of men, and your own opinion. I don't think the verdict will fall on your side of the isle. As for saying "you fool", that is an offense with a sentence of "hell of fire" (Mt 5:22) Not that your rhetoric can affect me, but it can affect you.

Mt 5:22," ..whoever shall say, 'You fool', shall be guilty enough to go into the hell of fire."
Satan abuses scripture.
Your thread is not worth reading, and is indeed dangerous, and it IS evil or
at the very least ignorant for you to say what you've said about our Paul.
good day and I shall converse with you no more.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:48 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Hey, I'm sure there are others who "fill the bill" as well. We legalized abortion. Many claim we don't keep the Sabbath, we worship our homes, cars, etc. Moderator cut: Political stuff removed I didn't read all that you posted for I've heard similar claims before.
Dear human,
You are confusing the 7th head of the beast with the 8th head of the beast with his 10 horns. As for legalized abortion, since the Supreme Court decision of 1963, this country has been heading down hill ever since. Moderator cut: Political stuff removed As for the day of rest, Constantine, the 7th head of the beast decreed the blue laws in 321 AD making the "day of the sun" the day of rest, in which one could not buy or sell. And of course, the number of his name adds up to 616.Caius FlaviusValerius Constantinus the Great King of Rome Number of the beast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-26-2014 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Political stuff removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity