Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 05:06 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Mike,
I think the devil (Satan), planted his seed among the good seed of the son of man a long time ago. (Mt 13:37-40) The tare seed produces fruit in the appearance of the good seed, but it is not palatable. The seed of the devil, and the tares produced, will continue to remain among the wheat until the "end of the age". (Mt 13:40-41) At the "end of the age", the seed of the devil will be gathered out and disposed of. This seed of the "evil one" resides in your NT in the form of the teacher of Lawlessness, and comprises approximately 2/3 of the Roman church's canonized NT. Yeshua instructed the disciples to leave the bad seed among the good seed until the "end of the age" when the tares would be preliminary harvested to be burned up. (Mt 13:30)
Lawlessness = Without Law...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 06:35 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,241,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear Mike,
It might have been beneficial to you to have heeded Proverbs 20:25, before accepting the canon of the Roman church as that of being holy. Now that you have been ensnared, it is hard to disentangle yourself from a life of false beliefs.

Proverbs 20:25, "It is a snare for a man to say rashly, 'it is holy', and after the vows to make inquiry."

The Roman church that canonized your bible, and the men who participated and supported that effort, are not holy, and neither is the canon itself, which has become an idol to a large segment of our Country, which has resulted in the populace not being able to discern good from evil. A country with a "Christian" population of 73%, Moderator cut: political rant removed , and has brought down their judgment on themselves. It is one thing to be fooled once, "shame on me", but to be fooled twice, "shame on you". There is no discernment or wisdom among this people because they "honor Me" with the traditions learned by rote". (Isaiah 29:13)

Your new "covenant with death" (Is 28:15), Paul's gospel of grace, is based on "falsehood and deception". It "shall not stand" (Is 28:18) Paul, the 1st staff of Zechariah 11:10, is one of the two shepherds of Zechariah 11:7 who were to shepherd the "flock doomed to slaughter".(Ze 11:7) Peter, the 2nd staff "union" was to be the "worthless shepherd", who would not care, feed, or sustain the sheep. (Ze 11:17 & John 21:16)
You've already been edited by the mods on a different thread for your political rants, so you better be careful with that.

I've asked you a couple of times about John 6 and Jesus telling people that doing the work of God is to believe in Him, but you refuse to answer. Therefore, you have no credibility as far as I'm concerned. I also think the following scriptures apply to you.

Matt 23:15
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

2 Cor 11:13-15
For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

1 Cor 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-26-2014 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: quoted post editted

Old 07-26-2014, 09:24 AM

1,382 posts, read 761,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Some people get themselves in the higher critics of the gospel of Jesus and His salvation , and become a form of godliness , and reject Paul`s Epistle and the many scriptures of the gospel makes no sense ....
Dear hc,
Nailing the testimony of Yeshua to the cross actually makes no sense. Accepting the testimony of a self professed apostle makes no sense (John 5:31). Following the creeds and accepting the canon of the Roman state church, established by the Roman head of the beast, whose authority came from the "dragon" makes no sense. (Rev 13 & 17)

There have been no criticism made of the gospel of Yeshua, which is the kingdom of God. The topic is the about false prophets, who have their own gospels, such as that of the gospel of Grace (Lawlessness).

On 27 February 380, together with[/]Gratian[/SIZE][SIZE=3] and ]ValentinianII], Theodosius issued the decree "[/Cunctos populostheso-called "[/]Edict of Thessalonica[/]", recorded in the [/]Codex Theodosianus[/]. This declared the [/Nicene[/]Trinitarian[/]Christianity to be the only legitimate Imperial religion and the only oneentitled to call itself [/Catholic[/]. Other Christians he described as "foolishmadmen".[/ Healso ended official state support for the traditional [Polytheism[/]religions and customs.[/

Old 07-26-2014, 09:52 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
The gospel of Jesus was about how the purpose of law is fulfilled in love. Those who make it about continuing the forms of law have missed the whole point of grace and how love allows rejoining broken community when we have failed to act in the love that is the best for us and our community. We have a "New Commandment" to go by and that is all a follower of Christ needs for himself. The society we live in require laws for order, but the "fruit of the spirit" violates no such laws.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
You've already been edited by the mods on a different thread for your political rants, so you better be careful with that.

I've asked you a couple of times about John 6 and Jesus telling people that doing the work of God is to believe in Him, but you refuse to answer. Therefore, you have no credibility as far as I'm concerned. I also think the following scriptures apply to you.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Believe in Him for what?...

Old 07-26-2014, 10:14 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
What makes Paul an impostor is the fact he did not use the words Jesus gave to His followers to use. This proves that he was a false prophet. Jesus said His followers continue in His word. Not Paul.

"The man who comes to me hears my word and puts it to use."

(Father) "I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them"

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"

Old 07-26-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Believe in Him for what?...
See John 6:28-29.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
What makes Paul an impostor is the fact he did not use the words Jesus gave to His followers to use. This proves that he was a false prophet. Jesus said His followers continue in His word. Not Paul.

"The man who comes to me hears my word and puts it to use."

(Father) "I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them"

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"
The Scriptures in my post above yours applies to you as well.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:06 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,138,694 times
I don't even see why there's a need to debate this...
Everything Paul wrote is powerful, passionate & profound.
I know whenever I need to be inspired/uplifted I turn to Paul's writings,
particularly 2 Corinthians 11:16-33

I could care less what anyone else thinks of Paul

Old 07-26-2014, 11:09 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
Quote:
The Scriptures in my post above yours applies to you as well.
I come to you in the name of the Lord and you fail to accept me but let someone come to you in his own name and him you will accept. How can you believe when you accept the praise of men but do not seek the glory of the only God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity