Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:12 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Isaiah 45
"I am the Lord, and there is none else.
19 "I have not spoken in secret,
In [t]some dark land;
I did not say to the [u]offspring of Jacob,
‘Seek Me in [v]a waste place’;
I, the Lord, speak righteousness,
Declaring things that are upright.

20 "Gather yourselves and come;
Draw near together, you fugitives of the nations;
They have no knowledge,
Who carry about [w]their wooden idol
And pray to a god who cannot save.
21 "Declare and set forth your case;
Indeed, let them consult together.
Who has announced this from of old?
Who has long since declared it?
Is it not I, the Lord?
And there is no other God besides Me,
A righteous God and a Savior;
There is none except Me.
22 "Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24 "They will say of Me, ‘Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength.’
Men will come to Him,
And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25 "In the Lord all the offspring of Israel
Will be justified and will glory." NASB

The way to the Lord will be difficult for many but in order to receive Him, we must be humbled. I believe that the judgments of God have that purpose. We will never to be willing to come to Him if we don't realize that we need Him.

", King Nebuchadnezzar knew all about being humbled. He knew all about being judged by God, and ashamed, bowing his knees and confessing with his tongue God's supremacy over mankind. Grace for the humble. Resistance for the proud. Both will produce God's purpose in the Cross for the world. Watch how Paul understood this great event.

Romans 14 10-11
Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."

The judgment seat of God will accomplish the humbling, and bowing of knees, and swearing of oaths to God for every human being" S. Tipton

http://mercifultruth.com/links-savedbygrace2.html

God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 PM

Those who believe in Biblical Universalism believe that the judgments of God have a higher purpose. We can come to Him willingly now or we can come the hard way. Either way, God's purposes will be accomplished. All things belong to Him. Jesus has been made heir of all and all were made for Him. (Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2)

Isaiah 26:8-10

Indeed, while following the way of Your judgments, O Lord,
We have waited for You eagerly;
Your name, even Your memory, is the desire of our souls.
9At night my soul longs for You,
Indeed, my spirit within me seeks You diligently;
For when the earth experiences Your judgments
The inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.
10 Though the wicked is shown favor,
He does not learn righteousness;
He deals unjustly in the land of uprightness,
And does not perceive the majesty of the Lord.

God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 04:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Great thread, Shana. I appreciate that you took time to post it. Universalist Christians, like every other category of Christians do not agree on every point.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:00 PM

Thank you, Heartsong. God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Great thread, Shana. I appreciate that you took time to post it. Universalist Christians, like every other category of Christians do not agree on every point.
I second that. Hopefully it will help in the basic beliefs and teachings not to be misrepresented.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:10 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I second that. Hopefully it will help in the basic beliefs and teachings not to be misrepresented.
I third that!!

Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Since you can't agree on basics like why Jesus died, then someone will always complain about misrepresentations. You can't have it five different ways.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:30 PM

Biblical Christian Universalism: Jesus died for our sins

1 Corinthians 15

1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast
a]the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

For I delivered to you [

b]as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve

God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Maybe it is a good idea for those who view themselves as Christian Universalists or Christians who believe in the eventual restoration of all to God, to post their basic beliefs so that there are no misrepresentations about what each person believes. Thanks and God bless.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Since you can't agree on basics like why Jesus died, then someone will always complain about misrepresentations. You can't have it five different ways.
Why are you even on this thread without anything of value to contribute to it. You are famous for saying universalists are fascinated with hell when they are posting on threads about hell,i guess you are fascinated with UR.

As for the basics, the christian world is split who Jesus is who he saves, how many he saves, are you always saved, can you become unsaved, and top of that works with faith, works without faith, free will and a host of other things, so it really is pot calling the kettle black and on top of that, denominations untold.

Speaking for myself i believe all come to a knowledge of the truth because God desires and his desires are his will and his will never fails, and the knowledge of the truth sets all free......... Saved.

And it SHALL(because God always gets what he wants) come to pass afterward, that I And it shall come to pass afterward, that I WILL pour out my spirit upon ALL flesh;

Do not expect a reply, you will not get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity