Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 07:49 AM

8,173 posts, read 6,924,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wonderful witness, Pleroo. Still cannot rep you.
I got you covered.

Quote:
Unlike you, I don't need to think that my knowledge or experience of God is
superior to the majority of people (Im sure it isn't), I don't need to believe
that I live a life that pleases God more than others do (I'm sure I don't) in
order to believe that God loves me, simply because that's what God is and does:
loves.

Now, the fact that I believe that God loves us all seems to
threaten Christians such as yourself and you seem very bothered that I'm not
afraid of God's "anger" or "hatred" for me. I don't share my beliefs to bother
you, but I can't help that they do.

I really liked what you said, Pleroo. It resonated with me. Your beliefs and also how you expressed them are very loving.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:48 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
The above described lifetime experiencing God needs to be somewhat explained otherwise the entry cannot make any sense.
It sort of takes a lifetime of explaining, but a REALLY good exercise for you would be to call up Pleroos posts and spend some time reading. It could be an eye-opener.

Old 08-05-2014, 08:52 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I see you are still dancing around the bible truth that Jesus said if you hate you are a murderer and if you are a murderer you are of your Father the devil. Are these the words Jesus' own or words Jesus spoke given to him by his Father ?.
The problem with your trap question is ..... you are still dancing around the Biblical truth what Jesus said is the truth and trying to use his words against him does not nor will not go unnoticed.

Jesus didn't say that to himself "if you hate"

Old 08-05-2014, 08:59 AM

Oh, wow. So, Twin, this is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" things?

Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Oh, wow. So, Twin, this is one of those "do as I say, not as I do" things?
Not at all. Those on the side of the truth hear what God says instead of accusing God of double standards.

Ever heard of God's Sovereignty?
The only thing written in the heart is the law ....
“I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts."
and what is the law:
"I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,"

Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the Lord.
He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins."

NT: God does not change

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written:
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,"

they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

want to know who\what is "suppressing the truth" is .... the false teaching of Universalism that claims otherwise and those who deny the Justice of God.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:08 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,696,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Not at all. Those on the side of the truth hear what God says instead of accusing God of double standards.

Ever heard of God's Sovereignty?
The only thing written in the heart is the law ....
“I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts."
and what is the law:
"I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,"

Joshua said to the people, “You are not able to serve the Lord.
He is a holy God; he is a jealous God. He will not forgive your rebellion and your sins."

NT: God does not change

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written:
“It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness,"

they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.

want to know who\what is "suppressing the truth" is .... the false teaching of Universalism that claims otherwise and those who deny the Justice of God.

AMEN, reality !

Blessings

Old 08-05-2014, 11:09 AM

I'm sorry, I got lost. Is a hater a murderer as Jesus said, and is God a hater or not?

Old 08-05-2014, 11:30 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Sometimes people wake up when they realize the are unable to explain their own view because it doesn't make any sense, but apparently some people are perfectly ok with believing things which don't make any sense.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Warden, Dew asked you this some ways back.

I wonder if you would be willing to take a stab at answering it.

There aren't a bunch of competing gods -- Christian God, Hindu God, etc. There are simply many different perceptions of the One Source/Foundation of our existence. I have a lifetime of experiencing God from a Christian perspective, and a few years of seeking to broaden my perspective. Of course you don't have to give what I say credence, Warden. All any of us can do in a discussion like this is speak to our own experience.

It seems that its very important to you to believe that you have a corner market on knowing God. I might almost think you're afraid that there isn't enough of God's love to go around so you need to believe it's reserved for you and those who have a very similar perspective of God as you.

Unlike you, I don't need to think that my knowledge or experience of God is superior to the majority of people (Im sure it isn't), I don't need to believe that I live a life that pleases God more than others do (I'm sure I don't) in order to believe that God loves me, simply because that's what God is and does: loves.

Now, the fact that I believe that God loves us all seems to threaten Christians such as yourself and you seem very bothered that I'm not afraid of God's "anger" or "hatred" for me. I don't share my beliefs to bother you, but I can't help that they do.
I think the reason it bothers certain posters is because it robs them of their choice tool to give them power over others -- FEAR. That is the devils favorite tool. It makes him mad when people are set free from fear and will not be brought back into its bondage.

Old 08-05-2014, 11:59 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course, not. Just more of you using the wrong context to interpret the answers you are given. Until Christ no human consciousness actually had the Holy Spirit within it . . . just sporadic inspirations in some prophets. Christ had the identical Holy Spirit (pure agape love) of God within His human consciousness. It was not directly available to any of us non-prophets until Christ died and His human consciousness (Holy Spirit) was quickened ("born again") as Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the Holy Spirit was there before Christ was even born, but where did you get the idea that Jesus had to die in order to "make it available" to people?
My dear brother, of course the Holy Spirit existed before Christ was born because He IS God who IS Spirit and that Spirit (God) IS agape love. This sequence of relationships is something your indoctrination has blinded you to. The problem is that it was only sporadically received by prophets as inspiration (not direct experience) prior to Christ. Jesus brought God's Holy Spirit directly to His HUMAN consciousness (Spirit). While Jesus lived among us His Holy Spirit was not available to us directly because He was with us. When He died and was "born again" as Spirit (as we will be) . . . then His Holy Spirit became part of the collective human consciousness AND joined it to God. Now it is available to us all as the Comforter within our consciousness to guide us to what God has "written in our hearts and minds."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity