Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 04:57 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Notes from the study based on Leviticus 14

"As for the two goats in the ritual of the Day of Atonement, these deal not with the death question, but rather the sin question. Again, there are two stages by which our sin is eradicated. The first goat covered our sin; the second will remove it. We will show that the first goat (Christ) was killed in order to atone for (cover) our sin by His blood. The second goat was different in that it removed all sin to a land not inhabited. This shows us that the second coming of Christ will accomplish the removal of sin from our bodies.God's Kingdom Ministries :: Chapter 10: The Two Works of Christ

God bless
Shanna, you are a blessing to us all. May God continue His blessings upon you and yours.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:30 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
The human being, thank you for your kind words. I am learning so much on this subject. The same to you, God bless you.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Notes from the study based on Leviticus 14

"As for the two goats in the ritual of the Day of Atonement, these deal not with the death question, but rather the sin question. Again, there are two stages by which our sin is eradicated. The first goat covered our sin; the second will remove it. We will show that the first goat (Christ) was killed in order to atone for (cover) our sin by His blood. The second goat was different in that it removed all sin to a land not inhabited. This shows us that the second coming of Christ will accomplish the removal of sin from our bodies.God's Kingdom Ministries :: Chapter 10: The Two Works of Christ

God bless
Hi Shana, so where do you believe we are now in respect to the covering or removal of sin ?. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:50 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He LET His Son be crucified to demonstrate unambiguously that true agape love IS His essence and nature. "No greater love . . ." Did you not read the quote by Clement??? The other reason He LET it happen is that when Christ died . . . He was "born again" (as we will be) as Spirit and His human consciousness became available to us all within our consciousness as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to guide us in all things.
Earlier you said He planned it, now you say he let it happen. Which is it?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 PM

Hi pcamps, I believe that both happened when He died on the cross and that both are linked together or interconnected. He covered our sins, and He took away our sins in one respect, showing that sin is to be destroyed . From God's view all has already been done, but we still sin because we are in these bodies of flesh although we are being led by the Spirit of God, turning away from the life of sin. We are being transformed in His image, learning to die to the flesh but I believe that when Jesus returns we will experience full salvation and the redemption of our bodies. Then sin will no longer dwell in our bodies . God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-31-2014 at 07:23 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 08:50 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
He LET His Son be crucified to demonstrate unambiguously that true agape love IS His essence and nature. "No greater love . . ." Did you not read the quote by Clement??? The other reason He LET it happen is that when Christ died . . . He was "born again" (as we will be) as Spirit and His human consciousness became available to us all within our consciousness as the Comforter (Holy Spirit) to guide us in all things.
Quote:
Hi, my belief differs from Mystic's in one way because I do not believe that Jesus died so that we would become God. I don't know if I am understanding him correctly but I believe that God was in Christ, reconciling us to Himself and that God's purpose is to be "all in all". We will be fully reconciled and restored to Him. He is the Creator and we are the creatures.
Jesus died as the First-born human to join God. We are to follow, Shanna. We are God's CHILDREN. It is how God reproduces as a LIVING God. ALL life grows and reproduces. God IS life and all life is part of His life in some fashion. Our part is to produce His consciousness in agape love for all life.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:11 PM

Hi Twin, all I know is that God will become all in all and that is what matters to me, that all are reconciled and restored to Him. Thanks and God bless.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:30 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Earlier you said He planned it, now you say he let it happen. Which is it?
Both.

Old 08-01-2014, 05:42 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Both.
You still did not answer my question in post 56

Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Jesus died as the First-born human to join God. We are to follow, Shanna. We are God's CHILDREN. It is how God reproduces as a LIVING God. ALL life grows and reproduces. God IS life and all life is part of His life in some fashion. Our part is to produce His consciousness in agape love for all life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity