Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 01:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times

Advertisements

To the poster who sent me the rep about the Pope fornicating......

Go peddle that stuff somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 04:07 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,253,117 times
Ugh, the Pope, and for that matter the Catholic cult.

There's a reason for most of the Catholic Church's history they hid the Scripture from the people. Catholicism is a grotesque perversion of the gospel of Christ.

It should have died with Martin Luther.

Why does the Pope wish to avoid the Scripture? Because the Scripture systematically casts the idols and practices of the Catholic cult as sinful and wicked.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Ugh, the Pope, and for that matter the Catholic cult.

There's a reason for most of the Catholic Church's history they hid the Scripture from the people. Catholicism is a grotesque perversion of the gospel of Christ.

It should have died with Martin Luther.

Why does the Pope wish to avoid the Scripture? Because the Scripture systematically casts the idols and practices of the Catholic cult as sinful and wicked.
Plus, the scripture contains a considerable amount of hooey.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:29 PM

867 posts, read 908,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
In latest interview, Pope Francis reveals top 10 secrets to happiness

Did not mentioned religion once!!
I'm a huge fan of Pope Francis but I think we Catholics not only need to listen but implement it as well. If Wisdomtooth found Faith and Spirituality elsewhere, awesome. We should feel happy for her. Anyone who is disagreeing with her is unintentionally not listening to probably all of #1 - #9. Just a funny observation to help other Catholics be better Catholics not that I am the best Catholic but we can all learn from each other.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:50 PM

145 posts, read 116,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
And the source of the Bible is............survey said?
GOD!

Old 08-02-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Matthew 16:19New International Version (NIV)

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[b] loosed in heaven.â€

Just watch the news or pay attention when a new Pope is being elected. The Pope is clearly the world leader of Christians. The Pope is treated like a head of State in all nations of the world. ANd he directs the institution that spread Christianity to the world.

Perhaps, you don't think he is a leader, but that is your opinion.
I am not convinced. I see him like any other preacher. No more, no less. He claims to be called of God I assume. I do not encounter many members of his church since there is not one in my town. I think the closest one is about 35 miles away. But I was just curious if you could show me any convincing evidence for the specific questions I asked. I realize you have faith in this man but I do not believe what you have offered is any evidence for him. Thanks for trying.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Believer View Post
I am not convinced. I see him like any other preacher. No more, no less. He claims to be called of God I assume. I do not encounter many members of his church since there is not one in my town. I think the closest one is about 35 miles away. But I was just curious if you could show me any convincing evidence for the specific questions I asked. I realize you have faith in this man but I do not believe what you have offered is any evidence for him. Thanks for trying.
I'm not proselytizing to you; I'm happy you have Faith in whatever denomination you are. Now, here is a wikipedia article on Pope Francis to get to know him better:

Pope Francis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is another article, please keep in mind his education:

6 key things everyone should know about Pope Francis - The Week

Now, I want to get to know the spiritual leader of your denomination can you link me to anything?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice32 View Post
I'm not proselytizing to you; I'm happy you have Faith in whatever denomination you are. Now, here is a wikipedia article on Pope Francis to get to know him better:

Pope Francis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is another article, please keep in mind his education:

6 key things everyone should know about Pope Francis - The Week

Now, I want to get to know the spiritual leader of your denomination can you link me to anything?
Of course. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article. I realize they are not trustworthy since anyone can post them but I thought it would be a start.

Here are links to some of the teachings of our leader. He's really good and never wrong.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...25&version=KJV

Old 08-02-2014, 06:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
And the source of the Bible is............survey said?
Quote:
GOD!
And the number one answer: MAN.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Of course. Here is a link to a Wikipedia article. I realize they are not trustworthy since anyone can post them but I thought it would be a start.

Here are links to some of the teachings of our leader. He's really good and never wrong.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...25&version=KJV
Oh, I apologize the wikipedia link didn't go through. Can you post again?

Also, please provide an exegesis of Mathew 4:12-25 both within the context of Mathew as well as it pertains to the Acts of the Apostles. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity