Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Yes!

And ironically it was Peter who wrote in 2 Peter that Jesus IS THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE!

hmmmmm that tells me something!!!
Christ is the massive ROCK on which the Church is built, not Peter.

And, that tells me something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 10:34 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Christ is the massive ROCK on which the Church is built, not Peter.
And, that tells me something.
Amen, Jer!

From Matthew 21:42

Jesus saith: "Did you never read in the Scriptures, 'The stone which the builders rejected, has become the corner stone; by the Lord this has been done, and it is wonderful in our eyes?'

Old 08-07-2014, 03:29 AM

145 posts, read 116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Folks, religion is religion and in religion anything goes.

However, it would be fascinating to figure out why Jesus singled out Peter as his CEO before and after the resurrection.
Maybe in your religion "anything goes" but not in Christ's Church!

Jesus is the CEO.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:09 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Believer View Post
Maybe in your religion "anything goes" but not in Christ's Church!

Jesus is the CEO.
Jesus is the owner, not the CEO.

That is why he named Saint Peter the pastor of his flock.

John 21:15-17New International Version (NIV)

Quote:
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?â€

“Yes, Lord,†he said, “you know that I love you.â€

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.â€

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?â€

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.â€

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.â€

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?â€

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?†He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.â€

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Jesus is the owner, not the CEO.

That is why he named Saint Peter the pastor of his flock.

John 21:15-17New International Version (NIV)

Of course, worship a man, in your religion, "Everything goes".

Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 AM

I listened today as a man asked for prayer from someone who claimed to be a Christian. He shared his health issue and the potential lose of his home. The person who claimed to be a Christian quoted a few verses and told the man that if they agree that his healing is guaranteed and his home will not be lost. He then prayed making all these claims and told the man that he was now healed and his home was safe from foreclosure. Having seen this so many times I know what will happen. I just think it's a sin to lie to people and make claims that you do not have the authority to make. It saddens me that so many are deceived by people like this.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Of course, worship a man, in your religion, "Everything goes".
Nice straw man!

No one worships men.

You are unable to discuss Matt 16: 19 and John 21: 15-17.

I am trying to teach you Christianity.

Old 08-07-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Nice straw man!

No one worships men.

You are unable to discuss Matt 16: 19 and John 21: 15-17.

I am trying to teach you Christianity.
I fully understand Christianity and Matt 16:19 and John 21:15-17. You are wrong and I will not accept a false teaching over the truth. God has confirmed to me that I am in HIS Church and I don't need anything of man to try and replace Jesus Christ. So if you are trying to convince me that Christ Church that I am a part of is no good then you are just wasting your time. I have the real thing.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I fully understand Christianity and Matt 16:19 and John 21:15-17. You are wrong and I will not accept a false teaching over the truth. God has confirmed to me that I am in HIS Church and I don't need anything of man to try and replace Jesus Christ. So if you are trying to convince me that Christ Church that I am a part of is no good then you are just wasting your time. I have the real thing.
You are very anti-Socratic in your posts. that is OK. You think you know, God bless you!

The rest is just another straw man. I am not telling you to replace Jesus. I also believe you are in the correct church.

Rome recognizes you as a fellow Christian, this is not an issue. Stop the straw men.

I am simply trying to tell you a little bit about the history of Christianity and where things come from. According to our church you are saved, don't sweat it!

Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
You are very anti-Socratic in your posts. that is OK. You think you know, God bless you!

The rest is just another straw man. I am not telling you to replace Jesus. I also believe you are in the correct church.

Rome recognizes you as a fellow Christian, this is not an issue. Stop the straw men.

I am simply trying to tell you a little bit about the history of Christianity and where things come from. According to our church you are saved, don't sweat it!
But your church has nothing to do with it. It's not about you and your religion. It's about Jesus Christ. I know you think you have it all figured out and are just trying to help use poor misguided people who just don' t realize that your religion is the only perfect one on earth!!! Been there, done that. Not gonna accept your false church over the Church that Jesus built. You are wasting your time on me. I have Jesus so I will never fall for your religion. "Go sell crazy some place else!" to quote Jack Nicholson.

Now if you want to discuss the topic of this thread let's go. Otherwise please stop trying to hijack another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity