Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2017, 09:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sure I will feel shame. As will everyone when their lives are exposed. Of course, I will be ushered into the presence of God and I'm forgiven for the sin I've done.

How about you? What are you going to do when God judges you for the sin you've committed?
G-d states that each man will pay for his own sins...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
Nonsense. You should know what a mamzer is. It is the product of an incestuous relationship. And mamzers are simply not in the marriage community of other Jews. No relation to Christianity at all, except for whatever they take upon themselves for their religion. But to the extent that they believe in what they call the OT, "mamzer"is NOT synonymous with "bastard." Never was.
That was in 2014...

A mamzer (Hebrew: ממזר‎‎) is a person born from certain forbidden relationships, or the descendant of such a person, in the Hebrew Bible and Jewish religious law. A mamzer in modern Jewish culture is someone who is either born out of adultery by a married Jewish woman and a Jewish man who is not her husband, or born out of incest (as defined by the Bible), or someone who has a mamzer as a parent. Mamzer status is not synonymous with illegitimacy, since it does not include children whose mothers were unmarried. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamzer

Quote:
BTW, do you really believe that Masonic teachings are compatible with Judaism?

And you ask this why?...

Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben Shunamit View Post
Sorry if you misunderstood my position - I probably didn't make it clear. I am not engaging in the religious discussion, only trying to make clear what the OT actually said in Hebrew.
The OT is an edited and mistranslated version of the Torah...

Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 AM

23,145 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
And the bible sayeths, so it must be true:
Deuteronomy 23:2 A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD.
So how the heck is this the fault of the bastard? How can anyone look at a child born out of wedlock, use the pejorative "bastard", and not only that, insist that the all loving, omnipotent, sentient, invisible sky-king would damn not only that poor innocent child, which had nothing to do with being in the circumstances it finds itself in, but a further TEN generations of its offspring are damned also.

I know, I can just see it now... "That was the old law" and "Jesus fulfilled it".

Horse puckey. No where does it say anything in the NT that this has been abolished. Besides, there is no reason other than prejudice that it was in there in the first place.

What an abhorrent, hurtful, deceitful book.
It's not abolished, none of it is.

If a child is disrespectful to his parent, you should bring him to the priest that he be stoned.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
It's not abolished, none of it is.

If a child is disrespectful to his parent, you should bring him to the priest that he be stoned.
If I remember correctly, that did not imply an actual child, but a full-grown adult of the age of accountability...

Old 08-13-2017, 09:59 AM

23,145 posts, read 10,445,085 times
I see the whole law as a book that teaches mercy, but it is what Israel chose, not what Moses brought down the first time. God was about to marry Israel and then they were caught in the act of adultery, and what God gave them was the only way they could raise a righteous child since they chose another lover.

The law teaches people that they are guilty of the law and they give their friends and family a pass on the law while they give themselves a pass on the law and. You don't hear about people enforcing many of the laws because they just didn't. Whatever works in society works and everything written is for a purpose, and everything written is cloaked to where not just anyone can read it. We are told this and shown this time after time after time, that people have always been blind and deaf and they can't understand what they read and these are people who love God and study. It is a book cloaked from anyone who thinks they can pick it up and understand it, but they cannot. Just like Jesus said and did over and over, he spoke in hidden metaphor that not many people can read and understand and he tells us the truth is hidden and it really is hidden. You have to learn a language of nature to understand the bible.

But compared to a world without a bible, what would the world be without the law and the prophets? The bible has been the sole vehicle that has civilized nation after nation and I wouldn't even want to consider what the world would be like without the bible. It doesn't matter if your an Atheist, who you are, and what you are has been founded in the bible because the bible has civilized the world to where you now have freedoms that you would have not otherwise had.

And people can pick through the law even when they don't understand what it means to be kicked from a congregation but they can find things they don't like and try to label God as some horrendous being, but what is man that he could say anything to God? After the word of God has civilized the world where they sit back in safety BECAUSE of the bible, they point at God but never themselves.

How many children did we kill in abortions last year?

A Million?

2 Million?

I don't even know, and as it is, most of the people who would condemn God are the same ones standing behind a woman's right to kill a child.
{I have been personally involved in 2 abortions, just saying, I am not innocent}

Where is there a better law?

That's what I always ask Christians who think they can change or omit any of the laws of God, if they change just one law, then let them provide a better law after having thrown the law of God out.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:09 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I see the whole law as a book that teaches mercy, but it is what Israel chose, not what Moses brought down the first time. God was about to marry Israel and then they were caught in the act of adultery, and what God gave them was the only way they could raise a righteous child since they chose another lover.

The law teaches people that they are guilty of the law and they give their friends and family a pass on the law while they give themselves a pass on the law and. You don't hear about people enforcing many of the laws because they just didn't. Whatever works in society works and everything written is for a purpose, and everything written is cloaked to where not just anyone can read it. We are told this and shown this time after time after time, that people have always been blind and deaf and they can't understand what they read and these are people who love God and study. It is a book cloaked from anyone who thinks they can pick it up and understand it, but they cannot. Just like Jesus said and did over and over, he spoke in hidden metaphor that not many people can read and understand and he tells us the truth is hidden and it really is hidden. You have to learn a language of nature to understand the bible.

But compared to a world without a bible, what would the world be without the law and the prophets? The bible has been the sole vehicle that has civilized nation after nation and I wouldn't even want to consider what the world would be like without the bible. It doesn't matter if your an Atheist, who you are, and what you are has been founded in the bible because the bible has civilized the world to where you now have freedoms that you would have not otherwise had.

And people can pick through the law even when they don't understand what it means to be kicked from a congregation but they can find things they don't like and try to label God as some horrendous being, but what is man that he could say anything to God? After the word of God has civilized the world where they sit back in safety BECAUSE of the bible, they point at God but never themselves.

How many children did we kill in abortions last year?

A Million?

2 Million?

I don't even know, and as it is, most of the people who would condemn God are the same ones standing behind a woman's right to kill a child.
{I have been personally involved in 2 abortions, just saying, I am not innocent}

Where is there a better law?

That's what I always ask Christians who think they can change or omit any of the laws of God, if they change just one law, then let them provide a better law after having thrown the law of God out.

Yep.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:16 AM

623 posts, read 312,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
That was in 2014...

A mamzer (Hebrew: ממזר‎‎) is a person born from certain forbidden relationships, or the descendant of such a person, in the Hebrew Bible and Jewish religious law. A mamzer in modern Jewish culture is someone who is either born out of adultery by a married Jewish woman and a Jewish man who is not her husband, or born out of incest (as defined by the Bible), or someone who has a mamzer as a parent. Mamzer status is not synonymous with illegitimacy, since it does not include children whose mothers were unmarried. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamzer
Yes, I understand. I apologize for that. It was a very long thread, and I posted before I realized that you had clarified.
Quote:

Quote:
BTW, do you really believe that Masonic teachings are compatible with Judaism?

And you ask this why?...
I presume that the above is Newspeak for the English "Why do you ask this?" The answer is that there were five essential elements that caused me to ask the question.

1. Based on your posts on city-data, you seem to represent yourself as Jewish.

2. Based on your posts on city-data, you seem to represent yourself as a Mason.

3. I know a little about Masonic beliefs, but not much, and some Masonic historiography seems to conflict with Jewish beliefs.

4. I believe that you know much more than I about Masonic beliefs.

5. I thought that you might increase my knowledge of the compatibilty or incompatibility of Judaism and Masonic beliefs.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:46 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
The word bastard here is also used as stranger, Zach 9
Exodus 22
"Do not mistreat or oppress a foreigner, for you were foreigners in Egypt.

And again in Leviticus 19.

So just as Jesus said, All the Law and the prophets hang on these?
בְּאַשְׁדּ֑וֹד
Asdod, city of philistines.
Comparing the Nazarene Judge Samson.

If a fire goes forth and finds thorns, and a stack of grain or standing grain or the field be consumed, the one who ignited the fire shall surely pay.

Now how to reconcile this?

Oh that's right, you have to read the whole to learn.

And not to forget the Lord's Graces in the Holy Spirit.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:19 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
בְּאַשְׁדּ֑וֹד
Asdod, city of philistines.
Comparing the Nazarene Judge Samson.

If a fire goes forth and finds thorns, and a stack of grain or standing grain or the field be consumed, the one who ignited the fire shall surely pay.

Now how to reconcile this?

Oh that's right, you have to read the whole to learn.

And not to forget the Lord's Graces in the Holy Spirit.
Shoftim - Judges - Chapter 15 - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

Notice the man tempts Samson to commit aldultery and to produce a mamzer as an heir?

At least that's what it looked like from here.
So as a reward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity