Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gousa14 View Post
No not here on Earth but in Heaven what I mean.
From a Christian perspective? In general, Christians hold to the idea that heaven will be a place of perfect bliss for them. So, if not being neurotypical is causing you suffering in the here and now, in some way that will be remedied in heaven. Who knows, maybe you'll find out that it's the neurotypical people who need to be healed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 11:34 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Oh, in heaven sure. Every physical defect is gone. The mental ones, such as Christian fundamentalism, may stick around awhile but people will eventually outgrow even those, so I hear.

Heck, spiritual bigamists might even get two real wives (or husbands) if God is gracious--and broadminded enough.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:04 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
I have a son with Asperger's. Christians will not accept him, or you. Sorry, Fortunately, there are other religions that will.

Your autism is but one proof of the non-existence of "God" at least in the terms with which you seem to define him. I will leave you to do the math and figure it out on your own.

We have found that Buddhists tend to be much kinder and more accepting of my son than most Christians are. In fact, the meditation practices of Buddhists were incorporated into phys ed time at his school, allowing him and others like him to shut off the over firing synapses of the brain and achieve a level of relaxation and calm which can be difficult for those suffering from high functioning autism.

We have also found that theism is not the best thing, as the logic and intellectual mind cannot be satisfied by faith or superstition. In Buddhism, we have no required diety, so the act of faith is really more of a personal discovery rather than a "here learn this or else" that many religions favor. (Again I am not trying to proselytize, just stating facts)

If you can, seek out Unity or Congregationalists. They tend to be more encouraging and welcoming of others with special needs. Many religions teach their followers to automatically fear that which they do not understand, so no doubt you are encountering that as we have.

But to your question, no God will never cure you. But you will learn to cure yourself, through self awareness, by accessing resources and by "being all that you can be" and learning to accept yourself as such, even if self proclaimed followers will not. I wish you all the best.

Old 08-06-2014, 05:05 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Yes Jesus can heal your issue ................... You need to find a Church which preaches to gospel and has evidence of Holy Spirit , which is to bottom line for many churches which do not preach the Gospel or have an evidence of Holy Spirit , as the denier of Christ is the churches which you say ` good by `.............. See you need to have a righteous seed which will bring you into a point of Contact with Jesus and His charity of blessing you ..you must be in repentance as Jesus could be blocked from helping you if you knowing reject Gods command and continue to sin without repentance ................ I have witness people who looked to Jesus and was heal many times before they passed away , as they failed to repent ..................... Then you will need to be born again and pray for the baptism of Holy Spirit which will get you in a daily presence of God with power of Jesus Holy Spirit ... There are other things like the authority of the believer which will break all curses which the world may have through Jesus name which a gift for Jesus Children .................... Then you must believe in the Jesus and seek Jesus and then you must rebuke the Aspergers in Jesus name and have expectation in faith of God ......................If you think that is a lot of things to do , well you will have fun doing it

Old 08-06-2014, 05:47 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
I find it sad how there aren't many Christians with Aspergers. I think having Aspergers segregates me from the faith and the "popular" crowd. I try to assimilate with more normal or "relevant" people. I see that the whole "aspergers identity" thing promotes segregation more than combats it.
I dont know if God will cure you of Asperbergs. I think you could pray and ask God.

In the meantime, He promises to give you grace to bear it.

Theres a lot of people with diseases that are stronger with God than people that are well, without God.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,875 times
Quote:
I find it sad how there aren't many Christians with Aspergers. I think having Aspergers segregates me from the faith and the "popular" crowd. I try to assimilate with more normal or "relevant" people. I see that the whole "aspergers identity" thing promotes segregation more than combats it.
I am not one to say that people never get their prayers answered because I have no right to deny someone that belief, and there have been times that even I have thought that perhaps maybe my prayers were answered sometimes (but I have no idea if that is true either). I will say that whatever you do don't ever believe anyone that tells you Jesus does in fact heal but only if you are somehow good enough and only if he thinks you deserve it. That is total nonsense.
If you feel like the church you belong to is not accepting then find another church, but know that you don't need to belong to any church to have a relationship with God and be a Christian.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 PM

222 posts, read 239,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
despite the promise "If you ask for anything in My name I will grant it."
What kinda God is this that can't keep his promise? Not so omnipotent, isn't he?

Old 08-06-2014, 08:13 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieplangdu View Post
What kinda God is this that can't keep his promise? Not so omnipotent, isn't he?
Your attitude is the kind of prayer that will not get answered.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:19 AM

867 posts, read 909,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It seems to me that what you're really asking is if there is a place for you within the ranks of Christians, and why you feel like you can't fit in? At least, I think that's what you're asking.

Christians, like anyone else, often may not now how to relate to those who are different from themselves, and may be too involved in their own lives (and already established relationships) to take the time to try. But because Christianity is often marketed as a place where you can go to find a welcoming, kind, caring atmosphere, the feeling of rejection one experiences when one does not feel welcome by Christians can be especially brutal.

I hope that perhaps you will find a group of Christian believers that live up to the hype. But in the meantime, from my experience, it's important to keep reminding yourself not to take it personal when they don't, as hard as that is. Beyond being absorbed in their own lives, I think even "normal" people have a hard time moving out of their comfort zones to try to relate to people who seem different. Certainly, it's hard not to take that as rejection and sometimes, it can even make you feel like GOD is the one doing the rejecting since Christians are God's self-proclaimed ambassadors. So, as I see it, one has to guard their hearts against that and keep reminding oneself that it simply is not true.

So, my advice, fwiw, is to look for opportunities to serve others, if you can. The more you are focused on the needs of others, the less time you have to feel the sting of not "fitting in".

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. All the best to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Looking for a miracle? Be the person you were born to be. God will do as He wills. He knows what you need before you ask.

May be teh reason there aren't any asperger folks at the church is because you are going to the WRONG church

His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"

"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes.

"Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means "Sent"). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

John 9:4-8
Quote:
No not here on Earth but in Heaven what I mean.
These are the answers I love most. In terms of will your condition be resolved in Heaven, I have no doubt that all our conditions will be resolved in Heaven.

If any other Christian feels this is bad advice that I'm about to give please do disagree, it's all about guiding each other on our spiritual path. However, my suggestion is that in looking for a congregation to pursue Faith be open to the Pastor about having Aspergers, believe me it is nothing, nothing to keep hidden or towards which to have any negative feelings--spiritually, having Aspergers is irrelevant, it is a non-issue. The reason I suggest this is I found people are more accepting and open in general when they know you are different because of a medical condition rather than assuming away that you are just different by character. A good Pastor or Priest will help you navigate that within the congregation.

To be honest once you do find the Church that is right for you and again this may take some trial and error but always know people may reject but God never rejects so never take it personally, continue to surround yourself with good people of whatever denomination or none who are empathetic, compassionate, accepting, morally healthy, and who understand you. More important than fitting in is understanding each other and our differences. Ultimately, we are all different; some people are better at hiding it then others but better than hiding it is accepting yourself, valuing yourself and finding the people who can do the same.

Last edited by Artifice32; 08-07-2014 at 12:44 AM..

Old 08-07-2014, 04:47 AM

222 posts, read 239,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Your attitude is the kind of prayer that will not get answered.
Really? Do you know how many people in the world have face great misfortune while praying to God?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity