Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 AM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
what authority? the authority of reason, commonsense, control, along with each other. What you got?

in part the cross was a lesson. It is really a lesson on many levels but I pick the one that shows us that literal religion is of the body and we should put it to the cross so that you can be guided by a perspective. That perspective has many levels and rows also. Reason, commonsense and control are examples.

"saving us from sin" is a misinterpretation my the ancients. The cross saved us from ignorance . Jesus was a teacher and eliminating ignorance was his goal. Jesus' foe are people that use literal religion to prevent people from learning more about his father. "the truth".

Look for it in your "savior" the bible all ye bible dumpers, it will be in there because what I said make sense. Because, I can't really dismiss empirical observations. I have no problem, as an atheist, with the notion of Christ figure because, in truth, that perspective is in us all.
I got Holy Scripture. The words of the prophets, Jesus, and the apostles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 09:44 AM

76,949 posts, read 47,272,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,483,918 times
Quote:
then you know what I said is the truth. Besides, You don't think I came up with those ideas on my own do ya? what grade are your friends in?

Old 05-01-2015, 11:04 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is it really about "agreeing" to think like mystic? or PS? or Me? or even Finn?

NOT AT ALL. It is all about sharing the message as the evangelical would say. Just as I believe as I chose, so to will anyone else. But just as the evangelical comes here, so too do opposing voices and ideas to remind everyone we indeed have a choice and there is no absolute ONE WAY ONLY and there are other roads to attaining the same goal.
Jesus said that his sheep listens to his voice
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
Jesus rejects the "opposing voice and ideas" when he stated that he was the "absolute ONE WAY ONLY":
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Jesus identified "the opposing voices" alternative as not hearing because:
"Whoever belongs to God hears what God says.
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.

Those of "opposing voices" to what Jesus said above, do not hear \ listen and are not his sheep.

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-01-2015 at 11:22 AM..

Old 05-01-2015, 11:24 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,355,630 times
Here's my understanding.

Jewish lore states that God is One, as per the Shema Israel (spelling?).

Unfortunately, humans are not. Humans are a creation of God, and they are prone to cutting themselves off from other people. This is what sin is, not disobeying arbitrary laws, but cutting oneself off, either by fear, anger, or other.

Enter Jesus. Jesus was a human but also was God. That is, Jesus was a bridge between the world we think we know and the Truth. Because of this, we could connect again to God on a human level.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:44 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
What about the awareness of Christ in you ?.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:54 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus said that his sheep listens to his voice
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
Jesus rejects the "opposing voice and ideas" when he stated that he was the "absolute ONE WAY ONLY":
“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Jesus identified "the opposing voices" alternative as not hearing because:
"Whoever belongs to God hears what God says.
The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.

Those of "opposing voices" to what Jesus said above, do not hear \ listen and are not his sheep.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:51 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have been told this many times but nothing seems to penetrate. God is the same because there is only ONE. But what our ignorant ancestors believed ABOUT God was NOT correct. That is why Christ was needed to lift the veil of ignorance over reading the OT to reveal the TRUE NATURE of God. The God as revealed by Christ is the TRUE God . . . NOT the savage and barbaric one portrayed by our ignorant ancestors in the OT.
I reject ANY and ALL words that are NOT compatible with the Spirit of agape love who IS God as revealed by Christ. That is the Christian God . . . NOT the OT portrayals of a barbaric God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices.
Quote:
By what authority do you reject half of what Jesus said? If Jesus said it, shouldn't we listen? You are proclaiming a different message than Jesus.
By the authority of the very Spirit of God . . . agape love. It IS the message proclaimed by Jesus. You are accepting the "precepts and doctrines of men" that violate the Spirit of agape love unambiguously revealed by Christ because you have been told everything in the Bible is from God. It is NOT. You have been told everything in the Bible attributed to Jesus is from Jesus. It is NOT. That is why under the New Covenant we are told to TEST the Spirit of everything against the Spirit of agape love who IS God using the guidance of the Comforter to the TRUTH God has "written in our hearts." That is why we do not need anyone to teach us.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:18 PM

20,392 posts, read 12,668,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What about the awareness of Christ in you ?.
Yeah, same thing.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:20 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,165,321 times
God gave us a "Gift". This "Gift" is His (*only*) Son. His name is Jesus. God said this was the Greatest thing He had, His Son.
His "Son" came to tell of His Father (God) and to send His Father's Holy Spirit to dwell within Us. For this to happen We must repent of Our sins. "repent" means to turn from. "sins" are that which goes against the nature of God. When true repentance takes place Jesus sends His Father's Holy Spirit to *change* Our Spirit inside Us. This is what is called "born again". It's the second rebirth. First We are born of the flesh with Our Spirit, then if true repentance takes place thru the Son Jesus the second birth takes place within Our Spirit and we are changed. This is what makes Us a Christian, We are "Christ Like".
Then We are one with God and His Son by the way of God's Spirit.

~all other paths lead away from God. Follow Jesus and believe in His Words above all men...He's the Free Gift from God... no one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity