Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 01:33 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How does Him being crucifed between two thieves accomplish what you claim it accomplished?
Christ said when you see me you see the Father. He provided the clearest and most unambiguous example of the Father. He was unjustly judged, horrendously scourged and crucified between thieves while letting a murderer go. What Did He do? This was the epitome of a LACK of mercy. Yet Christ smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers unto death. THAT is our loving Father's MERCIFUL nature . . . NOT the wrathful, vengeful, eternally tormenting tyrant who cursed all His children over a fruit and needed blood SACRIFICE to appease Him for the continued wrongdoing of His children!!! If you cannot see the stark difference between the God revealed by Christ and the savage barbaric beliefs ABOUT God in the OT . . . you will never understand the importance of agape love to knowing God and Jesus. You will remain under the veil of ignorance over reading the OT that Christ came to lift.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Come on, Finn. You asked the question in THIS thread. I answered it. Of course we know ABOUT Christ from the Bible . . . but He did NOT say follow the Bible. He said follow Him. You seem unable to make that distinction.
Quote:
No, you did not answer it, and you also did not answer how you know what Jesus said.
Plaese take your anti-fundi / anti-bible crusade to another thread..
Try reading more carefully, Finn. The bold should help you see that I DID answer your question.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
I see you are a big fan of Gandhi's comment "hate the sin, love the sinner". I personally do not use it, but there is no judgment in Gandhi's words since everyone is a sinner.

Each one of your examples, however, contains judgment, because you'd have to judge people as bigots, judgers, unlovers and fear mongers in order to call them that.
Sort of like judging everyone for sinning? I know, I know, you use the "universal" idea that "everyone" is a sinner..but then evangelicals will focus on specific "sins" like marriage equality, pro-choice, etc and start with how they hate the sin and they are not attackingthe "sinner."

But I contend calling some actions "sin" is JUDGMENTAL in and of itself..particularity when there is a majority of Christians (not evangelicals of thumpers) who do not accept marriage equality and pro-choice as sins...

Old 05-03-2015, 01:48 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
No, you did not answer it, and you also did not answer how you know what Jesus said.

Plaese take your anti-fundi / anti-bible crusade to another thread..
Feel free to leave anytime...you are always welcome back...

Old 05-03-2015, 01:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Try reading more carefully, Finn. The bold should help you see that I DID answer your question.
So, you're saying you learned it by reading the Bible. Thanks for joining those cursed "bible followers".

Old 05-03-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So, you're saying you learned it by reading the Bible. Thanks for joining those cursed "bible followers".
Bible folllowers are not cursed . . . just misguided by their religious leaders into rejecting the TRUE NATURE AND MOTIVE of God revealed by Christ by retaining the savage and barbaric beliefs ABOUT the nature and motive of God in the OT. Christ came to lift the veil of ignorance over reading the OT but your religious leaders have retained the veil. I also answered your question to Jerwade:
Quote:
Christ said when you see me you see the Father. He provided the clearest and most unambiguous example of the Father. He was unjustly judged, horrendously scourged and crucified between thieves while letting a murderer go. What Did He do? This was the epitome of a LACK of mercy. Yet Christ smote no one and loved even His torturers and murderers unto death. THAT is our loving Father's MERCIFUL nature . . . NOT the wrathful, vengeful, eternally tormenting tyrant who cursed all His children over a fruit and needed blood SACRIFICE to appease Him for the continued wrongdoing of His children!!! If you cannot see the stark difference between the God revealed by Christ and the savage barbaric beliefs ABOUT God in the OT . . . you will never understand the importance of agape love to knowing God and Jesus. You will remain under the veil of ignorance over reading the OT that Christ came to lift.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Bible folllowers are not cursed . . . just misguided by their religious leaders into rejecting the TRUE NATURE AND MOTIVE of God revealed by Christ by retaining the savage and barbaric beliefs ABOUT the nature and motive of God in the OT. Christ came to lift the veil of ignorance over reading the OT but your religious leaders have retained the veil. I also answered your question to Jerwade:
You follow the bible. Why do you feel you are rececting true nature of Christ when you quote the Bible?

Who is this religious leader of mine you refer to?

Old 05-03-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You follow the bible. Why do you feel you are rececting true nature of Christ when you quote the Bible?
I don't . . . only when it conflicts with the Spirit of agape love who IS God and unambiguously taught and demonstrated by Christ.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
How does Him being crucified between two thieves accomplish what you claim it accomplished?
Quote:
How, you ask?

"Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Old 05-03-2015, 05:46 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:

Who is this religious leader of mine you refer to?
Finn, it is YOU who equates finding truth IN the Bible with following it. When the Bible contradicts the Spirit (as it does) you should not follow it and THAT is the difference between a Bible follower and a follower of Christ.

Your "religious leaders" are the "evangelical" teachers who have set up and continue to promote their doctrines for their own purposes of control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity