Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:35 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where in this post is there anything off topic. You haven't got an answer to it, so you start saying you are being misrepresented and we are off topic.. You will have to do better than that.
I did not say it was about that post, and I did not say I was being misrepresented. You and pleroo made several off topic posts, and both of you have a history of derailing threads. I am simply asking that you do not do it here.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then you do not believe His death was required.
Do you believe God loved you before Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross ?.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:36 AM

14,872 posts, read 17,143,188 times
Listen to the words of Jesus:

John 12

“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. 24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.."

He died to bear fruit, to bring life, to give us life. God bless.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I did not say it was about that post, and I did not say I was being misrepresented. You and pleroo made several off topic posts, and both of you have a history of derailing threads. I am simply asking that you do not do it here.
Which ones then ?.
Well all i have done is reply to your questions, so i have not said anything other than what i believe the Cross of Calvary is about. And for every post on other threads that i have been off topic i can pull up one of yours that is. There is no off topic posts on this thread other than a few days back between myself and another poster.

Could you show the same courtesy and answer the on topic questions.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:40 AM

Young's Literal

24 verily, verily, I say to you, if the grain of the wheat, having fallen to the earth, may not die, itself remaineth alone; and if it may die, it doth bear much fruit;

God bless.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Well all i have done is reply to your questions, so i have not said anything other than what i believe the Cross of Calvary is about.

Could you show the same courtesy and answer the on topic questions.
Actually I am waiting for you to answer the questions I asked few days ago. You asking me questions about hell does not answer them.

In the other hand I am no longer expecting you to answer, so I will let it go. I just hope that now that you have realized you are unable to explain your own view, you consider the possibility your view is not correct.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Do you believe God loved you before Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross ?.
Finn Jarber can you show the same courtesy and start answering questions put to you, and please quit saying your questions have not been answered because you do not like the answers being given.

The cross of calvary was and is about God's love towards us not our sin. Our sin is unbelief in that love and holding onto the beliefs handed down to us that we are not loved and God is mad and holding our sin against us.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Finn Jarber can you show the same courtesy and start answering questions put to you, and please quit saying your questions have not been answered because you do not like the answers being givenThe cross of calvary was and is about God's love towards us not our sin. Our sin is unbelief in that love and holding onto the beliefs handed down to us that we are not loved and God is mad and holding our sin against us.
You have not shown any courtesy of answering questions.

The question was this: If He did not die to settle our sins, then HOW did His death (or anyones death) demonstrate love? I used an example by asking if you would throw yourself under a bus for no other reason than to demonstrate love. The truth is that having yourself killed for no particular reason does NOT show love. It shows love when it is done in place of someone else.

What makes Jesus death an act of love was the fact that it was done so other people could have life. This is what "He died for us" means. You have removed that reason, and in the process you make His death a meaningless act.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
And now back the question.

The question was this: If He did not die to settle our sins, then HOW did His death (or anyones death) demonstrate love? I used an example by asking if you would throw yourself under a bus for no other reason than to demonstrate love. The truth is that having yourself killed for no particular reason does NOT show love. It shows love when it is done in place of someone else.

What makes Jesus death an act of love was the fact that it was done so other people could have life. This is what "He died for us" means. You have removed that reason, and in the process you make His death a meaningless act.
It has been clearly answered, if it is not a good enough answer for you then so be it?

Please answer the question put to you, i know you won't because you know the answer that God has always loved us proves that calvary is proof of it, and if you believe we have not always been loved of God proves that you had a wrong concept about him towards yourself.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Jesus died for (because of) our sins. Sin=missing the mark, offenses, wrongdoings

Mark 7
And he said -- `That which is coming out from the man, that doth defile the man;
21 for from within, out of the heart of men, the evil reasonings do come forth, adulteries, whoredoms, murders,
22 thefts, covetous desires, wickedness, deceit, arrogance, an evil eye, evil speaking, pride, foolishness;
23 all these evils do come forth from within, and they defile the man.

Sin is the problem and Jesus came to deliver us from this. God's love is shown through the death of Jesus in delivering us from that which defiles us, holds us captive, and destroys, kills us. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-09-2014 at 10:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity