Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 05:14 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Finn, go back and read the posts, evidently you have a hearing problem with the eyes.
Mystics, he either knows and is playing ignorant, or he really does not comprehend.
I have read them.

You said "To believe is not enough, one must act through that of loving others; not condemning them."

So, you believe one must act (work), and I asked you how much work is enough. You have not answered. Why? Your attempts to insult are nothing but a deflection.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That part is obvious, Shana . . . but HOW that was accomplished is where your idea of agape love is somehow corrupted. Agape love could NEVER demand such a horrendous scourging and crucifixion as an appeasement! How on earth can any such requirement for appeasement be reconciled with a pure agape love, Shana?
Laying down your life so others can live is agape love at its very best.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Jesus bore the punishment for our sin because He was the spotless lamb.
He is the only one who could fulfill the Law perfectly.
So, you follow the Law of Sacrifice; a life for a life?
Yet, you will still face the state of dying, or death itself?

Old 08-09-2014, 05:24 PM

14,863 posts, read 17,139,286 times
Another reference is found in Luke 18

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things which are written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be [i]handed over to the Gentiles, and will be mocked and mistreated and spit upon, 33 and after they have scourged Him, they will kill Him; and the third day He will rise again.” 34 But the disciples understood none of these things, and the meaning of this statement was hidden from them, and they did not comprehend the things that were said."

God bless.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have read them.

You said "To believe is not enough, one must act through that of loving others; not condemning them."

So, you believe one must act (work), and I asked you how much work is enough. You have not answered. Why? Your attempts to insult are nothing but a deflection.
But like he said you have a hearing problem because he is not referring to works based salvation or the salvation you adhere to which is salvation from eternal hell, which by the biggest lie ever told by evangelical christians and a mockery of Calvary.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:38 PM

14,863 posts, read 17,139,286 times
More references given in Luke 24

25 And He said to them, “O foolish men and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary for the [f]Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?” 27 Then beginning [g]with Moses and [h]with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the Scriptures.

same chapter

44 Now He said to them, “These are My words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things which are written about Me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then He opened their [p]minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, “Thus it is written, that the [q]Christ would suffer and rise again from the dead the third day, 47 and that repentance [r]for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed [s]in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-09-2014 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-09-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But like he said you have a hearing problem because he is not referring to works based salvation or the salvation you adhere to which is salvation from eternal hell, which by the biggest lie ever told by evangelical christians and a mockery of Calvary.
I am not the one with the hearing problem, because I clarified the question for him by asking how much works is enough for whatever purpose those works are required. No answer. It seems impossible to get you guys to explain your views.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
I am not the one with the hearing problem, because I clarified the question for him by asking how much works is enough for whatever purpose those works are required. No answer. It seems impossible to get you guys to explain your views.
But you assume he is talking about earning a way to heaven, let me tell you he is not.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Quote:
I have read them.

So, you believe one must act (work), and I asked you how much work is enough.
You have not answered. Why? Your attempts to insult are nothing but a deflection.
Is everything a Sacrifice, requiring work, therefore it's a hardship for you?
You can love others without condemning them by using only words.

But your actions, will always speak louder.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But you assume he is talking about earning a way to heaven, let me tell you he is not.
You are the only one assuming, not me. I can't make the question any clearer than I already did. How much works is required for whatever reason you believe the works are required for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.