Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2014, 04:02 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,005 times

Advertisements

Shana,

Eventually, all will know that God is God and will worship Him and all are drawn and desired By God, but not all will heed the call. And no where in the Scripture does it say such. Do you just post every verse that has the word 'all' in it?

You did not even remotely disprove the verses I quoted which invalidate your false gospel. The kingdom of heaven and heaven are the same, there is no difference. Jesus will say, 'depart from me' and they will depart from Him for eternity in hell.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:05 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
101c why is it relevant to this discussion? God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:

Shana,

Eventually, all will know that God is God and will worship Him
and all are drawn and desired By God, but not all will heed the call. And no
where in the Scripture does it say such. Do you just post every verse that has
the word 'all' in it?

You did not even remotely disprove the verses I
quoted which invalidate your false gospel. The kingdom of heaven and heaven are
the same, there is no difference. Jesus will say, 'depart from me' and they will
depart from Him for eternity in hell
All will not heed the call in this age and in the age to come, JJ Maxx. I am not trying to disprove any verses. I do not believe that the scriptures teach eternal hell but I do believe this:

Epheisians 1:9

having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His good pleasure, that He purposed in Himself,
10 in regard to the dispensation of the fulness of the times, to *bring into one the whole in the Christ, both the things in the heavens, and the things upon the earth -- in him;
11 in whom also we did obtain an inheritance, being foreordained according to the purpose of Him who the all things is working according to the counsel of His will,

(Young's Literal)

and

Romans 8

So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you [f]must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery [g]leading to fear again, but you have received [h]a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in *hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

hope=elpis=expectation

God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:12 PM

and

GE 12:2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. GE 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

GE 22:18 "and through your seed all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

PS 22:27 "All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him..."

JN 12:30 Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

COL 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross

1CO 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

1 TIM 4:9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. 11 Command and teach these things

1 TIM 2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.

ISA 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

ISA 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning ,from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

Those who believe that all will be restored to God based on scriptural teaching , do not disregard any scriptures. God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:19 PM

Those verses do not speak of salvation. Also, Paul does not contradict himself, which he would be doing if he spoke of universalism, which he refutes in practically all the letters.

Why do you ignore the entirety of Scripture and hang your false doctrine on the improper meaning of a select few? This is very poor biblical exegesis.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
and

GE 12:2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. GE 12:3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

GE 22:18 "and through your seed all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

PS 22:27 "All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him..."

JN 12:30 Jesus said, "This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

COL 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross

1CO 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

1 TIM 4:9 This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe. 11 Command and teach these things

1 TIM 2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-- 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles.

ISA 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

ISA 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning ,from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.

Those who believe that all will be restored to God based on scriptural teaching , do not disregard any scriptures. God bless.
And I will say once again that every verse that uses the word 'all' does not refer to salvation.

I would again suggest that anyone seriously considering such a false doctrine to read Dr. Luginbill's discussion, as he says it much better than I could:

Against Universalism II:* Only Believers are Saved.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:22 PM

Hi JJ Maxx, they speak to the realization that all will be restored to God day. You are right, Paul does not contradict himself. He speaks about the restoration of all to God but never speaks of an eternal hell. You have to look at the context in which the word "all" is used in passages.

"It is as old as the Christian records and the principles which it implies were averred by the Christian church in it's earliest days. Although its principles are found in the Old Testament, it is in the New Testament that it is most fully revealed. It cites the Gospels, the Apostolic History and the Epistles, Christ, and his first ministers, as authority for its pretensions. It has been believed and taught by some of the best and most learned men in the Christian Church, and in almost every period of her history..."Christian Universalism", in its simple and proper sense, has existed in almost all ages of the Church. It was very prevalent and virtually unchallenged among early Christians until the time known as the "dark ages," which started in the fifth century. From A.D. 170 to 430, there were six Christian schools. Of these schools, four taught the salvation of all (Christian Universalism), one taught annihilation, and one taught eternal torment. During the dark ages, "Christian Universalism" still existed, but largely underground until the sixteenth century Protestant reformation. "
What Is Christian Universalism?

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-24-2014 at 04:43 PM..

Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 PM

The passages that I shared above do include all, JJ Maxx. Please check the context. God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:25 PM

Example

COL 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

God bless.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:30 PM

1 Timothy 2 (YLT)

I exhort, then, first of all, there be made supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, for all men:
2 for kings, and all who are in authority, that a quiet and peaceable life we may lead in all piety and gravity,
3 for this [is] right and acceptable before God our Saviour,
4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;
5 for one [is] God, one also [is] mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who did give himself a ransom for all -- the testimony in its own times

and

John 1:28-30Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
28 These things came to pass in Bethabara, beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing,
29 on the morrow John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, `Lo, the Lamb of God, who is taking away the sin of the world;
30 this is he concerning whom I said, After me doth come a man, who hath come before me, because he was before me

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 08-24-2014 at 04:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity