Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2014, 05:32 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
There is love, and there is truth. Jesus commands us to use both to bring people into salvation. Jesus commanded us, as well as Paul, to hold accountable in love thos who are in the church.
This is not my teachings or opinions, it the Word of God. You have an issue with it, feel free to drop to your knees and take it up with Him.
Wrong again. There you go thinking you have anything to do with our salvation or bringing anyone to salvation. That was Christ's job and "It is finished!" By what self-righteous arrogance do you think YOU can do anything about our salvation??? Your reliance on everything BUT the Word of God (Jesus Christ) will be your undoing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2014, 06:28 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Again, it's easy to create your own religion when you discard the authority of God's Word as revealed in the Scripture. When you can throw away any part of the Word of God you deem false, then there is no limit to the false Christianity you can create in your own mind.

I believe in the Old Testament because Jesus did and I believe in the New Testament because those whom Christ appointed wrote it! You may choose to reject the Word of God, but I will abide in it always.

Jesus said, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
Pray tell, which part of the NT did Jesus appoint the authors to write? And when?

Old 08-08-2014, 06:30 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I fail to understand how this is anyone's business but the deceased and his family. It's not like it was coming out of your pocket. If you feel some type of way about it, why don't you come out of pocket and fund his funeral?
You mean you endorse that church's/pastor's decision?

Really?

Tell us why?

Old 08-08-2014, 06:32 PM

145 posts, read 116,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong again. There you go thinking you have anything to do with our salvation or bringing anyone to salvation. That was Christ's job and "It is finished!" By what self-righteous arrogance do you think YOU can do anything about our salvation??? Your reliance on everything BUT the Word of God (Jesus Christ) will be your undoing.
And the hate in your post expose who you serve! We serve the God of love and you the god of hate and attacking.

Old 08-08-2014, 06:49 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
but, they didn't "agree to it", because the pastor knew nothing about it until it was publicly printed in the newspaper that the man was "married" to another man.

"Based on our preaching of the scripture, we would have been in error to allow the service in our church," Jenkins said. "I'm not trying to condemn anyone's lifestyle, but at the same time, I am a man of God, and I have to stand up for my principles."[/url]
You know, under these circumstances, I don't necessarily disagree with your POV. The same way I feel that a bakery business should be allowed to deny baking a cake for a gay wedding if it violates their principals. Maybe these "churches" should be taxed the same way a legitimate business is. Regardless, the right thing to do would have been to have the funeral, and focus solely on the good things remembered in this young man's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I fail to understand how this is anyone's business but the deceased and his family. It's not like it was coming out of your pocket. If you feel some type of way about it, why don't you come out of pocket and fund his funeral?
You fail to understand a lot of things Allen. Have you read all the posts leading up to yours? This is a serious issue and one worth discussing. Do you see this as just an issue of $$$? It goes a lot deeper than that, and if you are blind to this fact, I feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Believer View Post
And the hate in your post expose who you serve! We serve the God of love and you the god of hate and attacking.
Your post shows that you don't know the first thing about Mystic. If there is a single Christian on this board who believes in grace, forgiveness, and the goodness of God, it's the individual that you just replied to.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I would suggest that a practicing lesbian needs to be treated the same as anyone living in a sinful relationship.
They are welcome to come to church, to participate in the worship service.

But I would not feel it's appropriate to extend membership to someone that is openly living as such.
No one needs a Church building to "pay" homage to him who created all things.
Personally, I worship amongst the trees and open sky; free from the judgments of men.

Quote:
In my church, I am dealing with the issue of a 78 year old woman who is shacking up with her boyfriend.
I am considering how to address it.
And, all this time I thought it was the Church of Christ, not that of your own.

"You should leave things in His hands, for you know not the heart of them whom you judge?"

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-08-2014 at 07:59 PM..

Old 08-08-2014, 08:19 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Personally, I worship amongst the trees and open sky; free from the judgments of men.

"You should leave things in His hands, for you know not the heart of them whom you judge?"

Old 08-08-2014, 09:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Christian values - cancelling a funeral because deceased was gay:

It just goes to show you, how insensitive people can be!
Especially, when they make promises – but don’t keep them.

Quote:

I, personally, know a couple in their 70’s who live together, she attends Church – he does not.
They could afford to live separately, but have chosen to live together.

It enables them to do more for themselves; and for their children, etc. Instead, of merely paying the bills.
She cooks for him, and he takes care of their home, vehicles and things of that nature.

I believe people should focus on their own homes: "It’s none of your business, what goes on in my house."

Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Christian values - cancelling a funeral because deceased was gay:

It just goes to show you, how insensitive people can be!
Especially, when they make promises – but don’t keep them.

I, personally, know a couple in their 70’s who live together, she attends Church – he does not.
They could afford to live separately, but have chosen to live together.

It enables them to do more for themselves; and for their children, etc. Instead, of merely paying the bills.
She cooks for him, and he takes care of their home, vehicles and things of that nature.

I believe people should focus on their own homes: "It’s none of your business, what goes on in my house."

But Jerwade, the scuttlebutt in Vizio's small town is that the 78 year old woman is SINNING. Of course its their business, and Vizio's too. Their delicate sensibilities have been offended by the mere thought of what they imagine is going on in that nasty old couples' house. Tsk.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:

There is a beautiful, shining moon tonight. It's nearly full and hanging in the sky like an ornament.

Let's see...... worship God while standing and looking at the wonder of his creation.....or sit in a building among people saying, "They're not doing it right!"

It's a no-brainer.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-08-2014 at 09:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity