Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Imaginary? Lol
Vinyl blow up wives never disagree. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 08:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
I'm glad they don't care about what I think, they are beneath me. I only acknowledge them when they bring their disgusting lifestyle in front of me, other than that, them and their diseased (both mind and body) selves are nothing to me. You love talking about my wife, perhaps it's a fetish of yours idk. My wife is free to think for herself. Sorry that she doesn't agree with you. LGBTQ, are you trying to set a record for how many times you can say that?
Quote:
I'm not ashamed one bit for what I KNOW is right. If you feel the need to show them love have at it, more power to you. I for one cannot encourage that lifestyle choice.
Take a good look ladies and gentlemen.

This is the best the Fundies have to offer.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:19 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Vinyl blow up wives never disagree. LOL
He interprets the squeaks as "Yes! Yes! YEEEEESSSSSS!"

Old 11-10-2015, 08:52 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
You truly don't grasp the concept of what it means when I say unnatural?
Do you mean 'unnatural' (sex) with regard to reproduction? Sure, homosexuals can't reproduce with each other but are you saying that this is the whole purpose behind sex? No, it is not. It is 'natural' for one adult to desire intimacy with another who one is sexually attracted and emotionally bonded to. However, this can be - and IS, clearly - available for both heterosexuals and homosexuals. It isn't YOUR place to tell someone else that their intimate experience is 'unnatural'.

That said, any chance that you can respond to my previous post (#176) to you?

Thanks.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:02 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
God said we would be mocked. Thank you for proving the Bible is true yet again.
The Bible said that Christians would be mocked.

I am a vocal bigot.

I am a vocal homophobe.

I am mocked because I am a bigot and a homophobe.

The Bible says that I, a Christian, will be mocked.

The Bible is proven true yet again.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:30 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your assumption that anyone who supports treating Gays with love must be Gay just reveals the shallowness of your love for others. It bears no resemblance to the love Jesus had for us all. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Quote:
I'm not ashamed one bit for what I KNOW is right. If you feel the need to show them love have at it, more power to you. I for one cannot encourage that lifestyle choice.
God is not counting our sins against us, so why are you doing so with the Gays??? The specific instructions from Jesus to His disciples, that he reiterated many, many times, are to love God and each other every day and repent when you don't. Why would you refuse to do that because of someone's sins??? What is the core message of Christ's Gospel? It is God IS agape love and is not counting our sins against us. Christ has reconciled us to God, period..

Old 11-11-2015, 05:03 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This thread was started in reference to a church in the UK. Is your post in reference to churches in the UK? Most US states that legalized SSM via legislation or referendum specifically exempted any clergy from the requirement to perform ceremonies that would conflict with their religious views.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Are you that naive to think for a second that the same thing isn't coming to an American church anytime soon?
I am 100% convinced that every minister's freedom of religion assures that he or she is free to refuse to perform any wedding ceremony that he or she feels is not in conformance with their religious beliefs.

I have never heard of a minister being forced to perform a marriage ceremony against his or her will. As a matter of fact, I also believe that if such a thing had happened that it would be all over the news. Many things have changed in that past couple of centuries. Slaves were freed, interracial marriages were granted constitutional protection, new Christian denominations have been formed, and now, LGBT people have been guaranteed marriage rights. Yet, no minister has ever been forced to perform a wedding that he was morally opposed to. If you know of such, please direct us to the mainstream media coverage of the case.

As a matter of fact, you have said yourself that you have refused to perform marriage ceremonies for couples that you thought were not moral enough to meet your standards because they were living together before they were married. You made that choice based on your own religious views, and no law enforcement officer came and hauled you off to spend a little time at the county lockup. You said that you (and you alone) decide which marriage requests to perform, using criteria of your own choosing. I see absolutely no reason to think that this will ever change.

So, on what basis do you think that such a thing is coming to an American church anytime soon? On what basis do you think your own freedom of religion is about to be diminished? Please make a note of this so you can come back and tell us about the court case when such a thing occurs. You probably better print it out and hang it up on the wall because it will probably be there for a very long time.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:52 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Perhaps this HAS been explained elsewhere and I just happened to miss it, but ...would someone give me a run-down as to what a 'homosexual agenda' is? Also, is there a 'heterosexual agenda' and, if so, how does this differ from a 'homosexual agenda'? I feel the need to know.

Thank you in advance.
Homosexual agenda - the forcing of homosexuality into every aspect of society and organization even Christian in order to obtain positions of power and control. Anyone who does not embrace homosexuality regardless of religious beliefs should be punished extremely on some level like firing Christians from their jobs, throwing them in jail or imposing massive fines.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:55 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I am 100% convinced that every minister's freedom of religion assures that he or she is free to refuse to perform any wedding ceremony that he or she feels is not in conformance with their religious beliefs.

I have never heard of a minister being forced to perform a marriage ceremony against his or her will. As a matter of fact, I also believe that if such a thing had happened that it would be all over the news. Many things have changed in that past couple of centuries. Slaves were freed, interracial marriages were granted constitutional protection, new Christian denominations have been formed, and now, LGBT people have been guaranteed marriage rights. Yet, no minister has ever been forced to perform a wedding that he was morally opposed to. If you know of such, please direct us to the mainstream media coverage of the case.

As a matter of fact, you have said yourself that you have refused to perform marriage ceremonies for couples that you thought were not moral enough to meet your standards because they were living together before they were married. You made that choice based on your own religious views, and no law enforcement officer came and hauled you off to spend a little time at the county lockup. You said that you (and you alone) decide which marriage requests to perform, using criteria of your own choosing. I see absolutely no reason to think that this will ever change.

So, on what basis do you think that such a thing is coming to an American church anytime soon? On what basis do you think your own freedom of religion is about to be diminished? Please make a note of this so you can come back and tell us about the court case when such a thing occurs. You probably better print it out and hang it up on the wall because it will probably be there for a very long time.
In America, you can be throw in jail if you don't issue a gay wedding license. So why should we think freedom of religion will always be respected in regards to churches?

Old 11-11-2015, 06:05 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,374,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
In America, you can be throw in jail if you don't issue a gay wedding license. So why should we think freedom of religion will always be respected in regards to churches?
You really do love to pretend you do not know the difference between a government institution and a church don't you? Why you think feigning ignorance of basic concepts makes you or your position look GOOD is entirely opaque to me.

The difference is, as you well know, that freedom of religion has NOTHING to do with ones work in a government building issuing marriage licenses.

Why do you think there is no difference there? Or are you going to ignore this simple question, as you usually do, when you know the answer will erode your narrative and agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity