Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 08:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times

Advertisements

I wish to thank Soular for crawling out from wherever he was spawned and illustrating what happens to people when they overdose on too much bible and not enough rationality.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 09:09 PM

248 posts, read 175,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I wish to thank Soular for crawling out from wherever he was spawned and illustrating what happens to people when they overdose on too much bible and not enough rationality.

Throw all the shade you can, makes no difference to me. I still shine, regardless of the hate.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soular View Post
Throw all the shade you can, makes no difference to me. I still shine, regardless of the hate.
Not hate. You aren't worth that.

Contempt.

Contempt and embarrassment that a person alive in 2015 can still be so primitive and backward in their thinking.

Your "shine" is oily and dark.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:15 PM

248 posts, read 175,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Not hate. You aren't worth that.

Contempt.

Contempt and embarrassment that a person alive in 2015 can still be so primitive and backward in their thinking.

Your "shine" is oily and dark.
Keep it pushing then

Old 11-11-2015, 10:29 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Since you appear to have little understanding of your own Bible which is evidently 'the box' that contains 'your God', why would one expect you to have an understanding of Michael Swift's The Homosexual Manifesto?

The Homosexual Manifesto by Michael Swift is a satirical article which appeared in the Gay Community News in February 1987 entitled "Gay Revolutionary". It describes a scenario in which homosexual men dominate American society and suppress all things heterosexual. This was reprinted in Congressional Record without the opening line: "This essay is an outré, madness, a tragic, cruel fantasy, an eruption of inner rage, on how the oppressed desperately dream of being the oppressor."
Quote:
So the actual manifesto have goals outlined which a couple of them have came into fruition.
Well, I highly doubt that. You see, that document was satire. AND, the Congressional Record KNEW THIS and deceptively left out that explanation. What HAS occurred during the past 30 years, however, is that more and more people have become accepting of gay people and regard them as their equals. Is that a problem for you?

Quote:
What is homophobia? How long has this phobia been about and what are the 'methods' of tackling this phobia?
(Homo)phobia is a term that describes an irrational fear or a loathing of anything that differs from what is considered by the individual as ...'the norm'. Or, more often perhaps, that everyone else who is not a carbon copy of they, their beliefs, their tastes, etc. is wrong and should be regarded with the contempt that they deserve. Many fundamentalist Christians fear or loathe those who don't think or believe as they do. And, often, they retaliate by spewing their hatred for such folks ...even toward other professed Christians if need be. Whenever Leviticus 18:22 or 20:13 is aimed at gay people the 'fundies' ACTUALLY BELIEVE that they are crusaders for God and that God approves of the demeaning and the vilifying of their fellow human beings! The emphasis here is ...irrational.

What are the methods for tackling (homo)phobia? Oh, I don't know ...a bullet, perhaps? Just joshing! There are one or two things a Christian fundie can perhaps do. One, get your nose out of the Bible because the truth is that it's not doing you a lick of good and is, if anything, just exacerbating your inner phobias. Or, two, deal with your self-loathing by coming out of the closet and admit that you're gay, for crying out loud!

Old 11-11-2015, 11:55 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
To tackle the accusations against King James I just read an article where he has seven children, a wife, love letters to her, the whole nine. I'll post the link when I get to a laptop or desktop. So you may need to fact find your sources.

I only skimmed the rest of the post, something about heresy and the children of Israel, look into it more before you send out false accusations. Go deep into your research, the truth is inevitable.

Expect another reply.

EDIT: I don't agree with the proposals of the church replacing the Children of Israel, nor do I agree with the institution of it as a whole because Rome is the root of it. You're right I'm not a Christian.
Would you like me to give you the names of homosexuals who had wives and children but were still gay? You might read Mel White's autobiography entitled Stranger at the Gate, To Be Gay and Christian in America. He was married and had two children. His wife learned of his homosexuality years after their marriage occurred and they both tried to make it work. He also was a ghost writer for Jerry Falwell, Billy Graham, Pat Robertson and other religious right wing leaders--until he came out as gay.

Kings, whether gay or not, had to produce heirs. So why didn't King James ask for his wife--who proceeded him in death--to be buried next to where he would lie. He loved her and she fathered his children, but his true loves were--men--both buried on either side of him.

My original source re King James came from the world's largest dealer of rare and antique bibles:

Quote:
In the 1580s, King James openly kissed Francis Stewart Hepburn, Earl of Bothwell. Contemporary sources clearly hinted their relationship was a sexual one. When James inherited the English throne from Queen Elizabeth I in 1603, it was openly joked of the new English monarch in London that “Elizabeth was King: now James is Queen!” If there is still any doubt, it should be noted that George Villiers, also held an intimate relationship with King James, about which King James himself was quite open. King James called Villiers his “wife” and called himself Villiers' “husband”! King James died in 1625 of gout and senility. He is buried in the Henry VII chapel in Westminster Abbey, with one of his favorite male suitors on his right, and another on his left.
http://www.greatsite.com/timeline-en...ing-james.html
Quote:
Edward Peyton (a member of Parliament) wrote, "the king sold his affections to Sir George Villiers, whom he would tumble and kiss as a mistress.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George..._of_Buckingham

And the Duke was incompetent as an adminstrator:
Quote:
During the course of his incompetent leadership, Parliament had twice attempted to impeach the Duke. The king had rescued him by dissolving it both times,
same wiki source

If you wish to study further try reading this King James and Letters of Homoerotic Desire. From a review of the book by University of Iowa Press:

Quote:
A large collection of letters exchanged between James and Buckingham in the 1620s provides the clearest evidence for James' homoerotic desires. During a protracted separation in 1623, letters between the two raced back and forth. These artful, self-conscious letters explore themes of absence, the pleasure of letters, and a preoccupation with the body. Familial and sexual terms become wonderfully intertwined, as when James greets Buckingham as "my sweet child and wife."
King James and Letters of Homoerotic Desire | University of Iowa Press

Apologists have tried for years to undermine historians--but it all came to a screeching halt once the secret underground tunnel between Villiers' bedchamber and James' bedchamber was discovered during the renovation of Apethorpe Hall in 2008. The Hall had been a favorite of Elizabeth I, but no monarch visited it more frequently than James.

I haven't made any false accusations. I don't need to do so. Your own posts condemn you for what you are. Since you proclaim you are NOT a christian, it is interesting to see that many who CLAIM to be christians think just like you. Too bad they won't be as honest and say they aren't really christians--just homophobes.

But that figures too.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 11-12-2015 at 12:12 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 01:14 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It served absolutely no good to the public to throw her in jail. She was jailed because she didn't want to violate her religious beliefs. It's anti-American to force people to perform an action that violates their fath.
No she was jailed for breaking the law. No one except you is buying any other narrative but that. I also notice that AS EXPECTED you dodged and ignored the question asked of you in my previous post. Predictable as ever.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-12-2015 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 11-12-2015, 06:41 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Leviticus 20:13
As a Rastafarian Hebrew you must be familiar with Rashi's commentary on the Tanach. It is my understanding Leviticus does not refer to homosexuality. I believe it is referring to forced anal rape.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
No she was jailed for breaking the law. No one except you is buying any other narrative but that. I also notice that AS EXPECTED you dodged and ignored the question asked of you in my previous post. Predictable as ever.
Jeff still fighting a lost battle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
As a Rastafarian Hebrew..
I'm trying to imagine the headwear..

Old 11-12-2015, 06:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

I'm trying to imagine the headwear..
I'm trying to imagine more than one person, in the year 2015, buying what he's trying to sell. I know they exist. But cheese louise that's some ugly stuff to try and promote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity