Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 05:17 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,380,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Abraham & Lazarus is not a parable - Real Peoples Names are NEVER used in any parable in the bible! This is an actual incident that really happened!

Jesus said to the thief on the cross - Today you will be with me - in "paradise" (Abrahams Bosom).

No one is in heaven yet - We all go in together as one ! The saved people such as King David & Moses are in Paradise with Jesus.

No one is in hell yet. Satan will be the first to be cast into this place especially made for HIM.

The problem is people can't read & comprehend the simple words of the bible.

Yes Jesus is in Heaven and He is also in Paradise and He is also in the midst of 2 or more people that call on His name. He has the same powers as God; He can be everywhere @ once.
So it is not a parable according to you, yet you have abes bosom=paradise.

And without a parable he/Jesus did not open his mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Same to you bubba, but like I said I am not losing any sleep over not knowing your view. Perhaps you are a little to obsessed making this thread about me You found a thread where I discussed the issue. Why do you want me to copy the posts here?
Yes I seen the thread fin, and even in that thread you do not explain what you believe. You state hades is the after life and that after life is thrown into the lake of fire. So according to those two statements you seem to believe people who die in their sins go to a bad side of hades and are tormented in fire before any judgment is given. then after God know how long they are tormented in the fire, they are resurrected, judged and then tormented again in an eternal fire.

So explain what the difference between the torments in fire that they must go through? Because what it sounds like is that you believe it two places of torment with fire, or you believe that the torment is the same as the lake of fire.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:40 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Yes I seen the thread fin, and even in that thread you do not explain what you believe. You state hades is the after life and that after life is thrown into the lake of fire.
No, I did not say hades is afterlife and that afterlife is thrown into the lake of fire. You, like pcamps, twist and misrepresent statements people make, and then you cry and whine about people not being interested in exchanging views with you. Pull your act together and maybe and maybe you'll be better received.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
No, I did not say hades is afterlife and that afterlife is thrown into the lake of fire. You, like pcamps, twist and misrepresent statements people make, and then you cry and whine about people not being interested in exchanging views with you. Pull your act together and maybe and maybe you'll be better received.
here is your quote again fin

Quote:
If you want the rich man (unrighteous) be Israel, and poor man be the believers

(righteous), that's cool, but Jesus is very clear in saying both

died
, and then He explains what happens after that, so it is indeed a
story of afterlife
. I
do not care who you want to substitute for the rich guy
and for Lazarus,
because it does not change the story.
both died, and then he explains what happens AFTER THAT, so it is indeed a story of AFTERLIFE.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:18 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
here is your quote again fin

both died, and then he explains what happens AFTER THAT, so it is indeed a story of AFTERLIFE.
A story of afterlife. You twisted that to mean I had said hades is afterlife, and that afterlife is thrown in the lake of fire. I did not say that.

It is dishonest, and unfortunately such tactic is routine for you and many other universalists (all except Shana).

Old 08-15-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
A story of afterlife. You twisted that to mean I had said hades is afterlife, and that afterlife is thrown in the lake of fire. I did not say that.

It is dishonest, and unfortunately such tactic is routine for you and many other universalists (all except Shana).
fin you said the bad people died and the parable is a story of after life. in other word you are saying it is a story of what happens to us after we die. If you are not saying that then please explain what you are saying.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
fin you said the bad people died and the parable is a story of after life. in other word you are saying it is a story of what happens to us after we die. If you are not saying that then please explain what you are saying.
Another thing i have never read in the scriptures, nor have i ever heard anyone who is a bible believer say such a thing. The general consensus among those who believe in ET is that it is eternal hell where all the lost end up. Maybe it is took from some online commentary who believes differently to your average believer in eternal torment.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:15 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Ah, the beatitudes! What a wonderful expression of God's guidance!

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Verse 3)
Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land. (Verse 4)
Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted. (Verse 5)
Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill. (Verse 6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. (Verse 7)
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God. (Verse 8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Verse 9)
Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Verse 10)

Blessed are the peacemakers! That one is my favorite, but only by a nose. They are all so wonderful

Verse 4 is actually--the earth. This is the promise to the great multitude of other sheep, which no man can number---the ones bought from the earth and have the heavenly hope ( rev 14:3) are numbered-144,000= the bride of Christ--the little flock.

Old 08-15-2014, 03:09 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Verse 4 is actually--the earth. This is the promise to the great multitude of other sheep, which no man can number---the ones bought from the earth and have the heavenly hope ( rev 14:3) are numbered-144,000= the bride of Christ--the little flock.
That's the way I learned it too, and the way it was written in the old family bible. My source for the translation I presented was the New International Version.

Not to wander too far into the woods (and I do not read koine so my understanding is limited) but it would appear from my research that the koine word γῆν can be used with broad latitude. For example, in English I can use the word "earth" to refer to the planet, or I can use the the word to describe the soil in my back yard.

SOURCE

Strong's Concordance
gé: the earth, land
Original Word: γῆ, γῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: gé
Phonetic Spelling: (ghay)
Short Definition: the earth, soil, land
Definition: the earth, soil, land, region, country, inhabitants of a region.
HELPS Word-studies
1093 gḗ – properly, the physical earth; (figuratively) the "arena" we live in which operates in space and time which God uses to prepare us for eternity.

The physical earth (1093 /gḗ) is the temporary, probationary place to live out moral preferences "through the body," i.e. as free moral agents (cf. 2 Cor 5:1-10). In this way, God makes an eternal record of everything we do on the earth. Through faith, each scene of life becomes equally, eternally significant (cf. Mt 13:31,32,17:20; cf. also Lk 16:10; Lk 17:6; 2 Pet 1:1).

[The OT Hebrew term, 776 /asitía ("earth"), also refers to the physical earth as "God's arena" – "the physical theater" in which our eternal destiny freely plays out.]

NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Word Origin
a prim. word
Definition
the earth, land
NASB Translation
country (2), earth (165), earthly (1), ground (20), land (46), soil (16).

Old 08-15-2014, 03:40 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And can you imagine that, being in heaven and your unsaved loved ones in eternal hell and you are able to talk to them and see them in a flame of torment. Hope you are alright with that. What will you say to them when they ask for a drop of water ?. Sorry you had your chance ?.
I often wonder how close heaven and hell is. If we can talk to them, it must be very close. And if it's a lake of fire, it must be surrounded by land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity