Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:54 AM

76,967 posts, read 47,297,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I have to limit myself only to what scriptures teach
I was referring to the verse you provided. God will have mercy and compassion whoever He chooses, and I believe He will have mercy on infants who cannot tell right from wrong.

That is my view, and there is no need to go back and forth about it. We will one day find out whose view was correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 AM

It's funny with some posters it does not seem to matter what the thread topic is, because the posts and arguments are always the same.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,122,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's funny with some posters it does not seem to matter what the thread topic is, because the posts and arguments are always the same.
Yep, death and condemnation to eternal hell based upon 2 grossly mis interpreted scriptures...... John 3:16 and Hebrews 9:27. If only they were so vocal about the grace, mercy and love of God and let God take care of any form of justice, i mean are you really that envious of God being over abounding in love, grace and mercy to those you believe should end up in eternal torment ?.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:15 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,092,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unconcerned View Post
May be your belief - not mine. I see children as exempt until God deems them to possess the age, maturity, and mental capacity to be held responsible. That's God's call - not mine.
I agree with your thinking Unconcerned.
Yet people still hold up Hebrews 9:27 as an absolute that you have no "chance" after death. Even when those very same people give babies (or whoever) a pass.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:48 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,320,701 times
I'm surprised that no one has brought up the fact that
Heb 9:27 is referring ONLY to the Levitical priests
not to all humanity, and that the judgment was FORGIVENESS.

Heb 9:27-28
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men [the priests] to die once and after this comes judgment [forgiveness],
so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

'The High Priest entering into holy of holies pictured a figurative or ceremonial death. I quoted the verse in Exodus about the High Priest bearing the “judgment of the people” that pictured a figurative death every year. The high priest coming or returning from the holy sanctuary pictured that the sacrifice was accepted. It pictured forgiveness granted but this had to be repeated yearly, but Christ appeared the “second time without sin.” The high priests could not make a sacrifice for sin once for all or there would be no more remembrance of sins according to Hebrews 10 but that is exactly what Christ accomplished. '

Pure, Unadulterated Grace

Old 08-19-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
So you think babies believe in Christ?
Or do you think they are saved after death?
Quote:
See post #8. It has also been discussed many times on this forum.
Quote:
Would it make sense if they were judged righteous due to their inability to understand the issue of sin?
Its very commendable that you think that Finn, I agree with the sentiment.

But here is the thing. In many other threads on this forum you have made it clear you think only those who believe will be saved. How do you reconcile this in your mind? Is this an exception to the "only those who believe are saved" rule? Do you realize you basically believe in universalism for babies?

Furthermore, what do you think happens to those babies? Wouldn't they still need to go through a maturation and correction process in order to actually be made into righteous mature beings?

Once you realize that most of humanity is spiritually in the state of a baby, or worse, spiritually dead, you might wonder how God will judge those.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Its very commendable that you think that Finn, I agree with the sentiment.

But here is the thing. In many other threads on this forum you have made it clear you think only those who believe will be saved. How do you reconcile this in your mind? Is this an exception to the "only those who believe are saved" rule? Do you realize you basically believe in universalism for babies?

Furthermore, what do you think happens to those babies? Wouldn't they still need to go through a maturation and correction process in order to actually be made into righteous mature beings?

Once you realize that most of humanity is spiritually in the state of a baby, or worse, spiritually dead, you might wonder how God will judge those.
It does not cause any contradiction in my mind, and I do not agree adults are in state of a baby at all. There is no such thing as 'correction process'.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
It does not cause any contradiction in my mind, and I do not agree adults are in state of a baby at all. There is no such thing as 'correction process'.
Here is the contradiction in case you can't see it.
1. only those who believe are saved
2. all babies are saved

Therefore babies must believe to be saved. Is that what you mean? I don't think so since you said they are judged as righteous.

So there is a contradiction.

What I understand from your belief is you think:
2. except those who are already righteous or judged as righteous

However that has a problem as the bible says none are righteous (not even babies presumably).

Old 08-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
There is no such thing as 'correction process'.
Do you think believing Christians need to be corrected of anything before entering heaven?
If so, when does that happen?
If not, I fear for your version of heaven.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Here is the contradiction in case you can't see it.
2. all babies are saved

Therefore babies must believe to be saved. Is that what you mean? I don't think so since you said they are judged as righteous.

So there is a contradiction.

What I understand from your belief is you think:
2. except those who are already righteous or judged as righteous

However that has a problem as the bible says none are righteous (not even babies presumably).
It may be a problem for you, but not for me. I am at peace with the issue. In my personal opinion God will have mercy on babies for the reason I already explained, and He will judge others according to what He explains in the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity