Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They don't realize that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God who IS agape love. IF you do not have agape love in your heart you do not understand God or Jesus.
Absolutely right.
1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

The Holy Spirit prompts us to LOVE.
Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 02:02 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Do you have any scripture that say people must believe in this life or they will never be saved? And if there is no scripture that says this, why is it you believe it?

Jesus taught---Only those who live to do Gods will now will enter his kingdom( be saved) Matt 7:21
If one doesn't believe--then they surely are not doing Gods will.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:15 PM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus taught---Only those who live to do Gods will now will enter his kingdom( be saved) Matt 7:21

You are the one who added "be saved".

Matthew 7:21 -

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Further, you said:

Quote:

If one doesn't believe what?

peace,
sparrow

Old 08-23-2014, 02:23 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

peace,
sparrow
John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus Christ is God in flesh, who came to SAVE us. if you don't believe that then you're still in your sins.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
You are the one who added "be saved".

Matthew 7:21 -

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Further, you said:

peace,
sparrow

Only the saved will enter Gods kingdom--- Jesus taught---Enter through the narrow gate, for cramped is the road that leads off into life( eternal in Gods kingdom)Few will find it. For broad and spacious the path that leads into destruction( not eternal suffering) and many have entered this way.

Not only believe but Jesus taught( to each individual)-- Man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God. Careful study of Gods word to learn and apply every utterance. It takes quite awhile--Few do it.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:24 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Do you have any scripture that say people must believe in this life or they will never be saved? And if there is no scripture that says this, why is it you believe it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
No scripture stating people must believe in this life, just as I knew you would not find one. Therefore you turn to reasoning. Now I am not saying reasoning is a bad thing, however one must reason within the confines of what scripture says and as no scripture says that people must believe in this life or they will never be saved your reasoning comes not from scripture but is human reasoning.

So you cannot show any scripture that states that salvation is only availible in this life, but what if I can show you scripture that states salvation IS availible in the next life, or after death? Would you believe those scriptures?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus Christ is God in flesh, who came to SAVE us. if you don't believe that then you're still in your sins.

So if one dies in their sins do you have a scripture that states one who dies in their sins cannot be saved?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:58 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
So if one dies in their sins do you have a scripture that states one who dies in their sins cannot be saved?
the wages of sin is death, and not natural death Romans, you know the one.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
No scripture stating people must believe in this life, just as I knew you would not find one. Therefore you turn to reasoning. Now I am not saying reasoning is a bad thing, however one must reason within the confines of what scripture says and as no scripture says that people must believe in this life or they will never be saved your reasoning comes not from scripture but is human reasoning.

So you cannot show any scripture that states that salvation is only availible in this life, but what if I can show you scripture that states salvation IS availible in the next life, or after death? Would you believe those scriptures?

How can one possibly accomplish this-John 4:22-24--if they do not believe?

Old 08-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
the wages of sin is death, and not natural death Romans, you know the one.
again where is the scripture that states people who die in their sins cannot be saved. That scripture does not say anything about people not be saved after death, it just says the wages of sin is death.

This always happens with other beliefs then universal salvation, the other beliefs do not have any scripture that actually say what they believe.

So again show me a scripture that says people cannot be saved after death?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity