Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
you just contradicted the bible without knowledge or understanding. listen, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God". so your equal misunderstanding is moot.
this question have been answered over and over. the answer, Greater In quantity, or quality?. quantity of course. again "Diversity answers the question. GREATER here is in quantity. because the diversified spirit is concrete in flesh, with blood, hence localize spatial. here is the understanding, it lay in the definition of the Greek words, two of them for our English word "ANOTHER". listen and understand.
G243 ἄλλος allos (al'-los), and G2087 ἕτερος heteros. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort. heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort. see the difference. if our Lord Jesus was heteros, he would be qualitative difference, hence NO GOD of any kind. but since our Lord Jesus is Allos, he is the same quality, only concentrated, or spatial localize in a concrete form of flesh and blood. supportive scripture, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men”. NOW, understand, being in the form of a man he is a quantity concentrated spirit in flesh and blood like US, a man. hence the Greater than, meaning in quantity. because if he was less in quality, he would not be EQUAL to the Spirit/God. that’s a no brainier in itself. now if this ment quality, listen then to the scriptures, John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. here in this verse is the same word “Greater”, G3187 μείζων meizon. now I ask is you “GREATER” that the Lord Jesus? yes or no. that an easy question to answer, NO. so the greater work will be when he come as the HOLY SPIRIT so that he, he can be in all of his believers doing his work. instead of ONE Jesus who was in flesh laying hand on one person at a time, now we his believer, whom he empower with his Spirit, are now many, or a GREATER, G3187 μείζων meizon in quantity, meaning MORE. so GREATER he is not in quality, but in quantity. so again “diversity”, answer, and clear up the misunderstood bible question.

hoped this helped.

just remember, quality, and, quantity, this answer your GREATER than question
No. It is those who you quote who misunderstand and lead you in darkness. They contradict what Jesus himself said.

James, Titus ,Paul, they all misunderstand.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If the eye is good the body will be filled with light. If the eye is bad the body will be filled with darkness and if the light in you is darkness how great that darkness will be.

Blessed are the pure of heart, they will see God.

Purify your heart and wash in the waters of the son of man so you will live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
No. It is those who you quote who misunderstand and lead you in darkness. They contradict what Jesus himself said.

The eye is the lamp of the body. If the eye is good the body will be filled with light. If the eye is bad the body will be filled with darkness and if the light in you is darkness how great that darkness will be.

Peacegiver, did you really understand what I said?, Greater is not in quality, but in quantity.

and you said, "James, Titus ,Paul, they all misunderstand". NO, I don't believe so. maybe your EYE of understanding might need to be lighten. see the gospel is the Greater light. Israel was walking by a dim light, see revelation chapter 12. that's why the moon was at the woman feet, and the moon represents the Law, scripture,
Psalms 119:105 "NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path". see there is a GREATER LIGHT for your EYES, spiritual that is. the Gospel is that Light that is at the head of the Woman in chapter 12. it have shined into our dark hearts.

2 Corinthians 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ". and he is not talking about sun light here. but the TRUE LIGHT the wisdom and knowledge of GOD. see, as you said, "Blessed are the pure of heart, they will see God". NOT with your NATURAL eyes, what did our Lord say to Thomas?, listen, John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him". the Light that we see God in is not NATURAL light, but in knowledge and understanding. for we walk by faith and not by sight.

not being funny or anything, one might need to change their eyes.

be blessed.

where there is knowledge stay not ignorant

Old 08-26-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Peacegiver, did you really understand what I said?, Greater is not in quality, but in quantity.

and you said, "James, Titus ,Paul, they all misunderstand". NO, I don't believe so. maybe your EYE of understanding might need to be lighten. see the gospel is the Greater light. Israel was walking by a dim light, see revelation chapter 12. that's why the moon was at the woman feet, and the moon represents the Law, scripture,
Psalms 119:105 "NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path". see there is a GREATER LIGHT for your EYES, spiritual that is. the Gospel is that Light that is at the head of the Woman in chapter 12. it have shined into our dark hearts.

2 Corinthians 4:6 "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ". and he is not talking about sun light here. but the TRUE LIGHT the wisdom and knowledge of GOD. see, as you said, "Blessed are the pure of heart, they will see God". NOT with your NATURAL eyes, what did our Lord say to Thomas?, listen, John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him". the Light that we see God in is not NATURAL light, but in knowledge and understanding. for we walk by faith and not by sight.

not being funny or anything, one might need to change their eyes.

be blessed.

where there is knowledge stay not ignorant
Jesus said that the Father is greater than the son. He did not say there is more Father in quantity.

I agree, the word is the light. Nothing new to me.

What Jesus meant when he said from here you have seen Him and know him he was saying that once a follower gets to the position that he was in and had shown them to follow they will have seen God.

I have seen him. Why? Because I come from Him. He sent me. Now most will think in human terms but those of spirit have a different comprehension.

Comprende?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Jesus said that the Father is greater than the son. He did not say there is more Father in quantity.
I see you didn't Comprehend, oh well.

Quote:
I agree, the word is the light. Nothing new to me.?

Quote:
What Jesus meant when he said from here you have seen Him and know him he was saying that once a follower gets to the position that he was in and had shown them to follow they will have seen God.?
1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love".

Quote:
I have seen him. Why? Because I come from Him. He sent me. Now most will think in human terms but those of spirit have a different comprehension.

Comprende?
1 John 4:2 "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:08 PM

we will pick this up tomorrow evening, have full day ahead, no time at all.

be blessed.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
I see you didn't Comprehend, oh well.

1 John 4:7 "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love".

1 John 4:2 "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
As you verify, John did not abide in the words of the son of man as he was instructed. I question his epistles. Jesus sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory. John's epistles stray from those words. In fact he does not quote Jesus at all in His epistles. Since he does not, people teach from his words not from the words which Jesus gave his followers. If he truly was a disciple he would have continued in His word. His epistles do not show he succeeded.

The man who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him.

I know Him and I keep His word.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely, the word I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
again you ERROR, #1. you say works shows you're saved, well lets see what the Lord GOD almighty say about works. Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?” well, well, well, you did works, wonderful works, and hey you cast out a devil or two, (smile), and still the master will say to you. the very next verse, 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Oh you did some works, but not in him?. see Wardendresden if you have the Lord Jesus as a second person, then he is no Saviour to YOU. he's no body second hand saviour, ok. when you say the Lord Jesus is the second person, you just violated scripture, notice Isaiah 43:11. so that by works thing is moot. because the false prophet will work miracles, but the false prophet, or prophet(s), are not in Christ Jesus. so your works don’t impress me. yes one can have the outward appearance of Godliness, but inside raven wolves, without knowledge of the Lord Jesus as the ONLY TRUE GOD.

#2. you said, "So why do YOU have three names for God?". NOT me, you must have me mixed up with someone else. I have always had the ONE name "JESUS" as God, who is Father, and Son, which is his titles. check any of my posts.

#3. you said, "Why not just the Holy Spirit". that's all what I been saying, have you not been listening . see, the Holy Spirit is the Father, and the Son, diversified, (see Phil 2:6-8). that's my teaching, the "DIVERSITY" of the Holy Spirit. listen, there is only one Spirit, and that's God, who is Lord, Spirit shared in flesh. understand, I teach "Diversity" only of the true God, THE HOLY SPIRIT. you have put titles in front of the ONE TRUE GOD. you say Father, son, and Holy Spirit. NO, that is incorrect. the order is, HOLY SPIRIT, First and ONLY, and there is no other, just as he said. THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDE ME, I KNOW NOT ANY", see Isa. 44:8. and by diversifying, or sharing himself in flesh as a man, hence the title "Son". and here Son do not, again do not mean a son according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit, concerning the Godhead. understand the difference between the Son of God (FLESH), and the Son of Man (Spirit, diversified, in that son of God, flesh). understand, the Son of God came out of Mary, of the tribe of Judah, that's the OFFSPRING. and the Son of Man is from heaven, that's the ROOT. the Lord Jesus is the ROOT/Son of Man, (diversified spirit), and the OFFSPRING/Son of God, (the man/flesh and blood). in Spirit, "Father", in flesh "Son", or the EXPRESS IMAGE, or G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (khar-ak-tare') of himself on EARTH. same Spirit, Same Person, only diversified. this is what I teach, HOLY...... Spirit. Holy is his CHARACTER, and Spirit is his NATURE. so Holy Spirit means the Holy GOD. be ye Holy for I am Holy. this is all I teach, nothing else. God almighty came in flesh to save us from our sins. and this was done on the cross. hence, preach Jesus Christ, and him crucified ONLY.

#4. you said, " Yet you have provided scriptures quoting all three names", NO, two titles, one name, "JESUS".

#5. you said, "So obviously you must accept that there is some separate manifestation of God". NO, no separation, or division, but a SHARING, or G243 "Allos" of himself. see, this is where the Trinitarians, and I part company. they have a separation in Spirit, I have a SHARING of one Spirit. see the difference. "diversity" of God in flesh shared answer all of the bible question concerning the Godhead. that, I'm sure of. not bragging, but confident in his word. I'm not a subtracting preacher, nor am I an adding preacher, NO, I 'm a dividing preacher, RIGHTLY of course, (smile).

I hope this helped you. now on a serious note, study the Greek word Allos, G243, G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fay'), G3313 μέρος meros (mer'-os), and G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (khar-ak-tare'). see how they are related to our Lord being in flesh. and read, and understand how these word relate to Phil 2:6-8.

be blessed with understanding.

words,
I'm going to stick with the words of the brother of Jesus who wrote that works are evidence of salvation. You go ahead and exegete the rest of the NT to fit your belief. I think James had a better understanding of what his brother, Jesus was saying to all of us. At least James walked and talked with Jesus on this earth.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
As you verify, John did not abide in the words of the son of man as he was instructed. I question his epistles. Jesus sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory. John's epistles stray from those words. In fact he does not quote Jesus at all in His epistles. Since he does not, people teach from his words not from the words which Jesus gave his followers. If he truly was a disciple he would have continued in His word. His epistles do not show he succeeded.

The man who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him.

I know Him and I keep His word.

Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world but to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely, the word I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day.
GINOLJC, to all.
Peacegiver, you said, in post #93, “I agree, the word is the light. Nothing new to me.?”. if it’s nothing new to you, then you should believe the message of 1 John gospel. scripture, 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth”. but in post #96 you said this, “John did not abide in the words of the son of man as he was instructed. I question his epistles. Jesus sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory. John's epistles stray from those words. In fact he does not quote Jesus at all in His epistles”. well lets see?. I’ll just point out a major few.

#1. you said that John did not abide in the Lord’s words. answer, 1 John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;1 John 1:2 "(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us 3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. in the very opening of his epistle he declare himself a witness to the eternal life. and that he and others are abiding in the Lord’s word, because he says, “we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us”, if someone is fellowshipping, then they are abiding. which bring out the next point that shows that John quoted the Lord Jesus which you deny. listen to #2.

#2. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. the Lord Jesus said, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. that word advocate is a Counsellor, as Isaiah said in 9:6. a guide, a helper, just as the Lord Jesus said, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”. again what did John say in the very first verse of his gospel in chapter 2, , "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. he is saying that we have the Holy Ghost, just as our Lord said we will have. that right there should end any of your concerns.

#3. 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. Jesus said, John 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. there is your propitiation.

#4. 1 John 2:10 "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. Jesus said, John 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

one more,

#5. 1 John 3:11 "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. the Lord Jesus said, John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. well that almost word for word, and there are many, many, verses like this.

now his second epistle. 2 John 1:5 "And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

#2. 2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. and the Lord Jesus, Matthew 24:5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many

#3. 2 John 1:10 "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed”. the Lord Jesus said, John 13:20 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I'm going to stick with the words of the brother of Jesus who wrote that works are evidence of salvation. You go ahead and exegete the rest of the NT to fit your belief. I think James had a better understanding of what his brother, Jesus was saying to all of us. At least James walked and talked with Jesus on this earth.
smile,..................LOL,
so, are you saying that James have a better understanding than God?. as I pointed out, are your works in him?. if not they are vain, no matter how wonderful they might be.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:41 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

That verse is talking about greed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity