Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all.
Peacegiver, you said, in post #93, “I agree, the word is the light. Nothing new to me.?”. if it’s nothing new to you, then you should believe the message of 1 John gospel. scripture, 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth”. but in post #96 you said this, “John did not abide in the words of the son of man as he was instructed. I question his epistles. Jesus sent His followers as He was sent with the same words and glory. John's epistles stray from those words. In fact he does not quote Jesus at all in His epistles”. well lets see?. I’ll just point out a major few.

#1. you said that John did not abide in the Lord’s words. answer, 1 John 1:1 "That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;1 John 1:2 "(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us 3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. in the very opening of his epistle he declare himself a witness to the eternal life. and that he and others are abiding in the Lord’s word, because he says, “we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us”, if someone is fellowshipping, then they are abiding. which bring out the next point that shows that John quoted the Lord Jesus which you deny. listen to #2.

#2. 1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. the Lord Jesus said, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. that word advocate is a Counsellor, as Isaiah said in 9:6. a guide, a helper, just as the Lord Jesus said, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”. again what did John say in the very first verse of his gospel in chapter 2, , "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous”. he is saying that we have the Holy Ghost, just as our Lord said we will have. that right there should end any of your concerns.

#3. 1 John 2:2 "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. Jesus said, John 12:32 "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. there is your propitiation.

#4. 1 John 2:10 "He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him. Jesus said, John 11:9 "Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

one more,

#5. 1 John 3:11 "For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. the Lord Jesus said, John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. well that almost word for word, and there are many, many, verses like this.

now his second epistle. 2 John 1:5 "And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

#2. 2 John 1:7 "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. and the Lord Jesus, Matthew 24:5 "For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many

#3. 2 John 1:10 "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed”. the Lord Jesus said, John 13:20 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
Almost word for word is not word for word. John does say things that are close but others that show He misunderstood. Jesus is not the propiation for anyones sin. No one can atone for anothers sin.

"The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself".

"The son does not bear the sins of the father nor the father of the son."

"The soul who sins shall die."

"If the son frees you you shall truly be free."

He who chooses to become the son and accept his word so as to walk in the light possesses eternal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 08:24 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Almost word for word is not word for word. John does say things that are close but others that show He misunderstood. Jesus is not the propiation for anyones sin. No one can atone for anothers sin.

"The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself".

"The son does not bear the sins of the father nor the father of the son."

"The soul who sins shall die."

"If the son frees you you shall truly be free."

He who chooses to become the son and accept his word so as to walk in the light possesses eternal life.
did not our Lord cover, and atoned, (gave his blood), for our sins?. if not that just kill the testomony of the apostles Peter and Pauls.
1 Peter 2:24 "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God". read Lev 17:5

Old 08-27-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
did not our Lord cover, and atoned, (gave his blood), for our sins?. if not that just kill the testomony of the apostles Peter and Pauls.
1 Peter 2:24 "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God". read Lev 17:5
Paul and Peter were wrong.

The blood of the son of man is not physical as in the veins of man. What gives the son of man life? What is life?

"It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Paul and Peter were wrong.

The blood of the son of man is not physical as in the veins of man. What gives the son of man life? What is life?

"It is the spirit that gives life the flesh is useless, the words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above.
No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."
My God how blind can one be. listen, that flesh had life, answer, the Blood. the flesh manifested the Son of Man, (spirit). how do you think your spirit is manifested?, answer the flesh. scripture, Romans 1:1 "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh”. did one get that?, that flesh was made, listen, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me”. now a question. where do you think the first Adam got his blood from?. thank you, God the Spirit. if you disagree, the produce by Scripture the first Adam father and mother. so your point is moot.

the apostle Peter, and the apostle Paul is correct, it’s just you who is incorrect, read your bible with the Holy Spirit.

and yes it is the Spirit that gives life, scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. now I ask, who is the last Adam?, answer Jesus the Christ.

listen up Peacegiver, the Lord Jesus in the OT did not have flesh, bone, with blood in the OT, yes the Lord Jesus was in the OT, supportive scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 & 11. only when he made a body for himself to come in to this world, did he Jesus, God, the Spirit, the share, have blood, supportive scripture, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. I suggest you read, read, and re-read the epistles of Paul and Peter.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
My God how blind can one be. listen, that flesh had life, answer, the Blood. the flesh manifested the Son of Man, (spirit). how do you think your spirit is manifested?, answer the flesh. scripture, Romans 1:1 "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh”. did one get that?, that flesh was made, listen, Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me”. now a question. where do you think the first Adam got his blood from?. thank you, God the Spirit. if you disagree, the produce by Scripture the first Adam father and mother. so your point is moot.

the apostle Peter, and the apostle Paul is correct, it’s just you who is incorrect, read your bible with the Holy Spirit.

and yes it is the Spirit that gives life, scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. now I ask, who is the last Adam?, answer Jesus the Christ.

listen up Peacegiver, the Lord Jesus in the OT did not have flesh, bone, with blood in the OT, yes the Lord Jesus was in the OT, supportive scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 & 11. only when he made a body for himself to come in to this world, did he Jesus, God, the Spirit, the share, have blood, supportive scripture, Acts 20:28 "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. I suggest you read, read, and re-read the epistles of Paul and Peter.
You can quote Peter and Paul all you want but like I said they knew not what they did. They did not have the eye's to see or the ears to hear because they failed to continue in the words of Jesus and the Father. They failed to go into the world as Jesus was sent with the same words of Jesus and the prophets before Him.

Since you follow them and not Jesus your lack of comprehension and darkness remains.

As the son of man says;

It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless. The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a fountain inside him springing up to provide eternal life.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
You can quote Peter and Paul all you want but like I said they knew not what they did. They did not have the eye's to see or the ears to hear because they failed to continue in the words of Jesus and the Father. They failed to go into the world as Jesus was sent with the same words of Jesus and the prophets before Him.

Since you follow them and not Jesus your lack of comprehension and darkness remains.

As the son of man says;

It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is useless. The words I spoke to you are spirit and life.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty the water I give him shall be like a fountain inside him springing up to provide eternal life.
So I take this response as a "I have no scripture to refute you reply". look peacegiver, one must use the scripture to reproof, and correct, you have given no scripture at all. so until you have scripture to correct, I take you replies as Idols.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:39 PM

since my JW cannot answer who is the Root and offspring of David is. well this topic deal with the Name of Jesus. as I have pointed out that the Name of the Father is JESUS, and the Name of the Son is JESUS. Father and Son are only titles of the HOLY SPIRIT who is the Only true God. listen my JW, lets see this Name?. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”, ok, who is sending the Comforter?, the Lord Jesus, or the Father. remember the word of God don’t lie. and the SCRIPTURES CANNOT BE BROKEN. so lets see who sent the Comforter.

#1. John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. clearly the “Father is sinding”

#2. John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me”, Clearly the Lord Jesus is sending. so who is SENDING who?. lets throw one more in there. John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. but wait a minute, listen, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

the Scriptures don't LIE, and neither do the Lord JESUS, so who sent the Comforter, please Give name, not title.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
So I take this response as a "I have no scripture to refute you reply". look peacegiver, one must use the scripture to reproof, and correct, you have given no scripture at all. so until you have scripture to correct, I take you replies as Idols.
I gave you the word of the Lord but you respond with the words of those who belong to the world, Peter and Paul. So your response is of no refute.

For a minute I forgot what we were discussing. I said the words of God are spirit and life as Jesus said. You say Peter and Paul say otherwise.

So I must conclude you follow them and not Jesus. Correct?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
since my JW cannot answer who is the Root and offspring of David is. well this topic deal with the Name of Jesus. as I have pointed out that the Name of the Father is JESUS, and the Name of the Son is JESUS. Father and Son are only titles of the HOLY SPIRIT who is the Only true God. listen my JW, lets see this Name?. John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever”, ok, who is sending the Comforter?, the Lord Jesus, or the Father. remember the word of God don’t lie. and the SCRIPTURES CANNOT BE BROKEN. so lets see who sent the Comforter.

#1. John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. clearly the “Father is sinding”

#2. John 15:26 "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me”, Clearly the Lord Jesus is sending. so who is SENDING who?. lets throw one more in there. John 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. but wait a minute, listen, John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

the Scriptures don't LIE, and neither do the Lord JESUS, so who sent the Comforter, please Give name, not title.
Very good. Jesus went back to being the Father. Why did he come as the son?

To show us how to be the son.

But the name is not Jesus. His name is revealed to the son.

I know His name and I keep His word.

Old 08-28-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
I gave you the word of the Lord but you respond with the words of those who belong to the world, Peter and Paul. So your response is of no refute.

For a minute I forgot what we were discussing. I said the words of God are spirit and life as Jesus said. You say Peter and Paul say otherwise.

So I must conclude you follow them and not Jesus. Correct?
Peacegiver, Peacegiver, , Peacegiver, I’m not following the apostle Peter, or the apostle Paul. I’m following the “TRUTH”, the “WAY”, and the “LIFE”, GOD, who is JESUS the Christ, the Almighty. who is know to most, the HOLY............. SPIRIT, the only true God. Peacegiver, I believe in the HOLY SPIRIT “only”, and his share which is him in flesh. I know that the title “Father”, and “Son”, are just that, TITLES, nothing more. titles are not person, they are titles of the person. which was demonstrated in the example of “a” person being “father”, “son”, and “husband”. not “a” father, not “a” son, and not “a” husband, as in three separate persons, no, the titles are of the one person.

you conclude in error about me, following after men, no. I follow the “WORD” who is spoken by men AND women who is HOLY SPIRIT filled, and ordained to speak his word. it’s not them who speak, but God in them who speak, scripture, Luke 10:16 "He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.” so peacegiver be carful in denying what these men of God have said, because it’s not them but God who speak in them, or unless otherwise they will let you know that they speak of themselves. now listen closely. any ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ speak NOT their own mind, but speak the mind of the one who sent them. understand the ambassadorship, which is called the apostleship. send by God for God, and not of themselves, just as our Lord, the diversity in spirit, is the ambassador of himself in flesh. which is the EXPRESS IMANGE of God himself, his own G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter. and the G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter, express sonship, in the flesh, which is the example of God in plain sight, meaning he is the expression, or the manifestation of God in words, and deeds. this is what a son is. have you hear the “expression”, he’s just like his daddy”. yes, we’re to be just like our daddy, JESUS, born of Flesh, and who is spirit. if we’re born again, the old is passed away, the New Creation is now. we’re are NOW, the sons of God as 1 John 3:1 & 2, states, read it. yes we’re the sons and daughter of the Lord Jesus, the almighty. supportive scripture, 2 Corinthians 6:14 "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2 Corinthians 6:15 "And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2 Corinthians 6:16 "And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2 Corinthians 6:18 "And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
now examine these scriptures closely, who is speaking as to who will be our “Father”, if we separate ourselves from the world?. who, read 17 & 18 again.

but a side note, if 1 Corinthians 8:6 separate, “God”, from the “Lord”, how is the “Lord”, the almighty in verse 18 above?. and, Father also?. that just again killed that none sense of “God”, and “Lord” as separate persons. Thomas was correct, “my Lord and, and, and, and, My God”. JESUS the Christ. listen, "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. Uh O, Uh O, the same person.

now the old classic saying, “who’s your daddy ”, go on, you can say it, JESUS, once more , JESUS, just as Isaiah 9:6 say, the “EVERLASTING”............FATHER. aint God, oh I mean, JESUS, the Father is GOOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity