Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 01:23 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
thanks for the respond, but I must disagree with you here. John 17:6 "I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word". ok, what is the name manifested?.

And, John 17:26 "And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them”. Ok, what is the name JESUS declared?.
It is revealed to those who keep the commandments of the son of man and keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him. It is revealed to the son, the servant of God, who does nothing on his own but only says what the Lord has taught him for the One who sent him is with him and the son always does what pleases God.

If the son frees you you shall truly be free.

Those who walk in the ways of the Father and of the son will truly be free and enter the kingdom of God by the gate of the righteous One.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 01:32 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I believe understanding must be traced through all the scripture.
I agree there, but,
Quote:
and it most certainly was a changed viewpoint by the NT writers some centuries after the writing of Exodus. They saw their interpretation as the penultimate in Jesus--that's why John has the seven I AMs of Jesus in it. The early Christians were revising the view to fit their faith in the Son of Man.
I don't believe so. it was the Lord himself that open their understanding of the scriptures. all the disciples, which became his apostles understood that he was God in flesh. this is evidence in their writing. but the phrase, "I AM THAT I AM". for argument sake, identify "WHAT", he is and not "WHO" he is in name. as Revelation 1:4 points this out, and fully supportive by Revelation 1:1, and 22:6, via 22:16.

so for me, I fully understand the name of God as Jesus.

be blessed.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
It is revealed to those who keep the commandments of the son of man and keep the commandments of the Lord by walking in His ways and revering Him. It is revealed to the son, the servant of God, who does nothing on his own but only says what the Lord has taught him for the One who sent him is with him and the son always does what pleases God.

If the son frees you you shall truly be free.

Those who walk in the ways of the Father and of the son will truly be free and enter the kingdom of God by the gate of the righteous One.
please don't get me wrong here, ok. but you keep saying that the name is revealed to them who keep his commandments. well if you keep his commandments, please tell us the name then.................................... I, am in the Lord JESUS, and keep his commandments, and his name revealed to me is "JESUS". now if you have a different name please state it, thanks.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
please don't get me wrong here, ok. but you keep saying that the name is revealed to them who keep his commandments. well if you keep his commandments, please tell us the name then.................................... I, am in the Lord JESUS, and keep his commandments, and his name revealed to me is "JESUS". now if you have a different name please state it, thanks.
It is written in the prophets, everyone shall be taught by God. Anyone who has heard from the Father and learned from Him comes to me.
No one can come to me unless the Lord who sent me draws him and I will honor him on the last day.

Old 08-23-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
It is written in the prophets, everyone shall be taught by God. Anyone who has heard from the Father and learned from Him comes to me.
No one can come to me unless the Lord who sent me draws him and I will honor him on the last day.
God taught me that his name is JESUS, once more, is this the name God taught you, Yes, or no?.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:11 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
I agree there, but,

I don't believe so. it was the Lord himself that open their understanding of the scriptures. all the disciples, which became his apostles understood that he was God in flesh. this is evidence in their writing. but the phrase, "I AM THAT I AM". for argument sake, identify "WHAT", he is and not "WHO" he is in name. as Revelation 1:4 points this out, and fully supportive by Revelation 1:1, and 22:6, via 22:16.

so for me, I fully understand the name of God as Jesus.

be blessed.
Whatever Jew wrote Exodus would be certain to disagree with you! Your belief, like mine, is shaped by NT writers.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Whatever Jew wrote Exodus would be certain to disagree with you! Your belief, like mine, is shaped by NT writers.
true.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
God taught me that his name is JESUS, once more, is this the name God taught you, Yes, or no?.
No.

The Lord says this;

"I will strengthen and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

"The Lord redeems the lives of His servants ,no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt."

"My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;
my servants shall sing for gladness of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart, and shall wail for anguish of spirit.
You shall leave your name to my chosen to use as a curse, and the Lord God will put you to death; but to his servants he will give a different name.
Then whoever invokes a blessing in the land shall bless by the God of faithfulness, and whoever takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of faithfulness; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hidden from my sight " says the Lord

Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
No.

The Lord says this;

"I will strengthen and purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with one accord."

"The Lord redeems the lives of His servants ,no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt."

"My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;
my servants shall sing for gladness of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart, and shall wail for anguish of spirit.
You shall leave your name to my chosen to use as a curse, and the Lord God will put you to death; but to his servants he will give a different name.
Then whoever invokes a blessing in the land shall bless by the God of faithfulness, and whoever takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of faithfulness; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hidden from my sight " says the Lord
Peacegiver, thanks for your time and effort, but since you can not produce God name, I will take it that you don't keep his commandments. because nothing of God is secret, especially his name. so thanks again, good day.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:33 PM

758 posts, read 847,905 times
Quote:
No.

The Lord says this;

Yeshua !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity