Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let me ask for the third time. Can you explain the difference between the lower levels and upper levels of Sheol?
Isn't it God's ' anger ' [ Deut. 32 v 22 ] that is kindled like a fire?_______ It is God's anger which burns to the depths of the Grave [ biblical hell ] meaning No escape from God's righteous anger no matter how deep the grave is.

So, it is Not the grave [ biblical hell ] that is burning, but God's anger is burning against the wicked.

Isn't it the wicked who end up ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92 v 7 ?__________
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 07:30 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
going into the lake of fire is a hateful thing?, yes, that why we warn people. the scripture are clear, when one sound peace and safety, that's when destruction comes. so as I said don't sweat it. and the prodigal son repented, a change of mind. try it.

and good day.
Noted - you dont not address any of the questions I ask.

Sorry, but I have liberated myself from the doctrines of hate, as promulgated by that medieval Roman Church that many folks with similar beliefs to yours like to try to ram down our throats.

Believe what you wish. I myself sincerely believe that God is doing His damnedest to inspire us away from the doctrines of hatred, and into doctrines of love.

Evolution, my friend!

Old 08-24-2014, 07:39 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
, also the scripture is clear on this, 2 Timothy 4:3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears". hey if you want to believe in no lake of Fire, that's you. I'm not going to argue with you on it
so good day.
Isn't it according to Revelation 20 vs 13,14 the definition of the lake of fire is defined as: second death ?

So, is it a case of Not believing in the lake of fire, but rather believing in the definition of the lake of fire being: second death ?

In death there is No consciousness [ Ecclesiastes 9 v 5 ], so those destroyed in ' second death ' Rev. 21 v 8 are the wicked who are ' destroyed forever ' as Psalm 92 v 7 says.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:39 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Evolution, my friend!
Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings. (Hebrews 13:7-9)
Evolve? Sounds like being carried away by strange teachings. God never changes. The God that poured out His judgement against the Egyptian army is the same God that sent Jesus to die for your sins.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you; and considering the result of their conduct, imitate their faith. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings. (Hebrews 13:7-9)
Evolve? Sounds like being carried away by strange teachings. God never changes. The God the poured out His judgement against the Egyptian army is the same God that sent Jesus to die for your sins.
Evolve?, do you not believe you evolved from thinking like a child to thinking like someone mature. The devil you believe in did not create the world evolve.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Evolve?, do you not believe you evolved from thinking like a child to thinking like someone mature. The devil you believe in did not create the world evolve.
The person I quoted was referring to 'evolving' to the rejection of Scripture and of God's perfect nature.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:45 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Isn't it God's ' anger ' [ Deut. 32 v 22 ] that is kindled like a fire?_______ It is God's anger which burns to the depths of the Grave [ biblical hell ] meaning No escape from God's righteous anger no matter how deep the grave is.

So, it is Not the grave [ biblical hell ] that is burning, but God's anger is burning against the wicked.

Isn't it the wicked who end up ' destroyed forever ' according to Psalm 92 v 7 ?__________
I am simply asking someone to answer the simple questions I asked.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:47 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Evolve? Sounds like being carried away by strange teachings. God never changes. The God that poured out His judgement against the Egyptian army is the same God that sent Jesus to die for your sins.
Do you deny that the medieval European Christian church was evil? If it was not, then why the need for the Reformation?

When the Message has become misguided, what are the options?

I believe God talks to all of us all the time. The real question is do we listen? We all need to listen. God is always attempting to guide us.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:48 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Upstairs you have lazarus and downstairs the rich man, ain't that really in a nutshell what you believe, 2 sides/levels one good and one bad ? .
I was not asking what I believe, I was asking what the poster believed.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Do you deny that the medieval European Christian church was evil? If it was not, then why the need for the Reformation?

When the Message has become misguided, what are the options?

I believe God talks to all of us all the time. The real question is do we listen? We all need to listen. God is always attempting to guide us.
Do you believe the Scriptures pre-date the church? So where is this 'doctrine of hate'? God has communicated with us through His Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity