Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,488,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
But since you don't know if your really saved until you die, then how do you know if you've lost your salvation? For that matter, how do you know if you had it in the first place?

What if you got saved and lost it five minutes later? What if you did enough to slide in until you're on your deathbed, then you snap in anger at the nurse because you're in so much pain? Did you just blow it five minutes before you die? Do you meet Jesus who says "missed it by THAT much" (holding up fingers one inch apart)?

This doesn't sound anything like good news of peace and hope. The way it's presented, there is no need for Christ. It's a gospel of works, crossing your fingers and fearful living.
It would be a lot easier for you if you'd set human reason aside and just let Biblical truths stand for themselves and speak for themselves independently.

1. Scriptures warns concerning losing faith and the consequence of that
  2. Scriptures comforts concerning who keeps us in the faith when tempted \ weak in the faith \ calls us when we stray away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 09:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like some people have completely misunderstood what "saved as by fire" means.
Yes...They tie the sinner to a stake and set him on fire which purifies him thereby saving him by torching him...

Old 08-30-2014, 11:39 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,275,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It would be a lot easier for you if you'd set human reason aside and just let Biblical truths stand for themselves and speak for themselves independently.

2. Scriptures comforts concerning who keeps us in the faith when tempted \ weak in the faith \ calls us when we stray away
To say that you don't know if you're saved until after you die is rubbish and not supported anywhere in scripture.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:20 PM

1,196 posts, read 753,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Can a Backsliding Christian lose his salvation? Or once he is saved, is he forever saved?

Jesus said this at (John 3:16 ,”For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life). But then he said this at verse 17 ”For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved”). NOTICE the word might!

first believing wasn't just referring to Jesus as MANY believed. This also included his Father. Because Jesus said we have to KNOW the Father as well as knowing him, IF we want life ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).
Jesus also said this at Matt. 24:13 “But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved”). He was straight to the point. Yet MANY christians wants to believe JUST because Jesus was sent by his Father to die for us. Once we become christians we can constantly ,WILLFULLY sin. And STILL have a first class ticket to Heaven, so sad!

Jesus let us KNOW, MANY who called themselves christians, STILL won't make it ,(Matt.24:5- For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many). This , (Matt.7:22,23- Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity).

And (Matt.23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in). Do people REALLY believe a christian who continues to live foul will ONLY be punished? Do we NOT see what happen to Jehovah Gods people during the golden calf incident?, many were destroyed!

MANY christians today, believe they can live as they please. Being “lovers”of the world ,and NOT God ,(James 4:4 and 1John 2:15-17 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever).

Jesus wants his people to NOT be of the world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). And follow his examples ,(Luke 9:23). therefore NONE of us should say we'll saved. only that we HOPE to be found favor in Jesus and Jehovah's eyes when the end comes, then will we be saved! peace

Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post

Jesus let us KNOW, MANY who called themselves christians, STILL won't make it ,

therefore
NONE of us should say we'll saved. only that we HOPE to be found favor in Jesus and Jehovah's eyes when the end comes, then will we be saved! peace
Rubbish.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:48 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,101 times
Quote:
Rubbish.
what the poster said above is true. sorry if you don't like it. Moderator cut: rude comments deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 08-30-2014 at 04:03 PM..

Old 08-30-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:
To say that you don't know if you're saved until after you die is rubbish and not supported anywhere in scripture.
That is totally your conclusion, not anything that I have stated.
  1. It is possible to know John 11:25-27
  2. Scriptures warns concerning losing faith and the consequence of that John 15:6
  3. Scriptures comforts concerning who keeps us in the faith when tempted \ weak in the faith \ calls us when we stray away Hebrews 2:18, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Luke 15:11-32

Old 08-30-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
what the poster said above is true. sorry if you don't like it. Moderator cut: rude comments deleted
There is NOTHING in scripture to say you don't know if your saved until you die and then you find out. Nada. Zip. Zero. To think otherwise is your opinion and I'll stick with the Bible rather than your opinion.

Quote:
That is totally your conclusion, not anything that I have stated.
  1. It is possible to know John 11:25-27
  2. Scriptures warns concerning losing faith and the consequence of that John 15:6
  3. Scriptures comforts concerning who keeps us in the faith when tempted \ weak in the faith \ calls us when we stray away Hebrews 2:18, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Luke 15:11-32
Actually, I wasn't addressing you and didn't say that you said it. Another poster said that you don't know if your saved until you die and then you'll find out. The scriptures say nothing of the sort and I was just clarifying that.

The verses you gave above prove my point. I would add reading Romans chapters 4 and 10 as well as Hebrews chapters 7-10.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Actually, I wasn't addressing you and didn't say that you said it. Another poster said that you don't know if your saved until you die and then you'll find out. The scriptures say nothing of the sort and I was just clarifying that.

The verses you gave above prove my point. I would add reading Romans chapters 4 and 10 as well as Hebrews chapters 7-10.
Thanks for clarifying ....
twin

Old 09-17-2014, 09:28 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,463 times
Quote:
Rubbish.
really?, then you don't believe what Jesus said, scripures proves this. peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity