Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 PM

160 posts, read 383,335 times

Advertisements

I have had many people in my life say that if i don't get baptize and accept Jesus into my life i can burn in hell. I beg to differ. I do believe in Jesus, I use to go to church but there were always so many people that live their life by the bibles and are very judge mental, they don't wont hang with non believers or make fun of people who never grew up in a church or went to church. After my near death experience by harming myself, i never felt the presents of the devil, i felt peace with God. God is a loving God.
So i read the story about satan. So satan gather up a few angels and confronted god about how he doesn't want to be his servant. It makes it sound like god is a punk. And then people say you will go to hell if your bad. I totally disagree. I believe that he will teach you who you have hurt in your life and then move on.
god knows the future.
People make it sound like the devil is more powerful than god. I tell people its okay for satan to do all this stuff and keep existing but once we do wrong we are cast into hell.
To me i prefer to be spirituality, i dont judge anybody of their religion, but it annoys me when people try to force their beliefs on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 11:43 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,645,405 times
I may believe there is a devil, but he isn't near the problem for me that my own human weaknesses are. So I leave Satan for God to deal with and ask Him if He has any spare time, I could use a little help in keeping a handle on me.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:07 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,904,368 times
The devil is real and wants to bring you down to hades, he is a true force that was thrown out of heaven along with 1/3rd of the angels. He thought he was as powerful as God and also knows his days are numbered.

To the OP, if your heart and mind is set on the Lord there is no need to worry about what the devil is about. One needs to stay in the light, one who steps in the darkness and remains there, will gain the fear that there is a hell

Old 09-03-2014, 12:19 AM

18,183 posts, read 16,750,104 times
Pure myth.

Devised, then refined and honed into the biggest lie since God created the earth in six days.

All you newbie Christians out there: don't fall victim to all this claptrap. It's all just man-made myth.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:32 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,761,287 times
I dont believe in Satan/Lucifer/The Devil either. Certainly not as preached by those descendants of the medieval Christian and Catholic churches.

If you want the real low down, visit your local Synagogue, and spend some time talking to the Rabbi there. Your eyes will be opened.

I was recently surprised by my son who spent a year in Israel studying Torah. He gave me a long detailed essay on the root of Satan and who Satan was in the council of Elohim. At the end of the one hour lecture he had voiced every point I have come to believe in the matter, and he and I had never discussed it before!

There is no such thing as Satan as preached by Christians today. Satan and hell are the result of the hate filled medieval Roman church. Not according to the Jews.

But then .. what do Jews know about the Old Testament?

Old 09-03-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
I dont believe in Satan/Lucifer/The Devil either. Certainly not as preached by those descendants of the medieval Christian and Catholic churches.

If you want the real low down, visit your local Synagogue, and spend some time talking to the Rabbi there. Your eyes will be opened.

I was recently surprised by my son who spent a year in Israel studying Torah. He gave me a long detailed essay on the root of Satan and who Satan was in the council of Elohim. At the end of the one hour lecture he had voiced every point I have come to believe in the matter, and he and I had never discussed it before!

There is no such thing as Satan as preached by Christians today. Satan and hell are the result of the hate filled medieval Roman church. Not according to the Jews.

But then .. what do Jews know about the Old Testament?
If there is no hell then what was Jesus purpose in dying on the cross ?

Old 09-03-2014, 01:14 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,408,504 times
Jesus talked about Satan. Even Jesus was tempted by Satan in the desert when he went to live there for 40 days. Jesus also took demons out of people who were possessed. Look around at all the evil in the world today, it's hard not to believe in the devil.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:15 AM

101 posts, read 85,371 times
Never fear. The devil believes in you!

Old 09-03-2014, 06:33 AM

1 Peter 5:8 ESV / 18 helpful votes

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:31 PM

7,569 posts, read 6,017,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass45 View Post
I have had many people in my life say that if i don't get baptize and accept Jesus into my life i can burn in hell. I beg to differ. I do believe in Jesus, I use to go to church but there were always so many people that live their life by the bibles and are very judge mental, they don't wont hang with non believers or make fun of people who never grew up in a church or went to church. After my near death experience by harming myself, i never felt the presents of the devil, i felt peace with God. God is a loving God.
So i read the story about satan. So satan gather up a few angels and confronted god about how he doesn't want to be his servant. It makes it sound like god is a punk. And then people say you will go to hell if your bad. I totally disagree. I believe that he will teach you who you have hurt in your life and then move on.
god knows the future.
People make it sound like the devil is more powerful than god. I tell people its okay for satan to do all this stuff and keep existing but once we do wrong we are cast into hell.
To me i prefer to be spirituality, i dont judge anybody of their religion, but it annoys me when people try to force their beliefs on me.
I do not believe in a devil either.

We as humans have only our minds, our language, and our styles of storytelling. For ancients, ie Biblical writers, about the only perspective of authority was a king or tribal leader, or a theocratic ruler. This was the mindset. It was customary for those who rebelled against authority to be taken out and killed as a result. This is probably along the lines of what happened to Jesus, he was taken out and killed because he angered the wrong person. No purpose, just a senseless death. As for Satan rebelling against God, it makes for a good story. If Satan is an immortal (like ,seemingly, everyone in the mythology) Then he cannot be taken out and killed. He can be made to suffer for ever and ever as a result. This is along the lines of what a tribal leader or a Pharaoh would do. For a truly enlightened mind though, that is not the answer. And we are only now being able to fathom this, with all of our insights into psychology and the workings of mind and mythos. If God is an enlightened being, and taking in account what we know now, about self-actualization, for example, which was not even thought of at the time the Bible's books were written, we know that flying off handle, being a punk, would not be the enlightened response.
If I were the king of paradise (which in my life I already am in a way) I would say to those who do not like me "Good luck then" I would not cast them into punishment, because the Absence of perfection and love would be a far greater punishment. Let them go, let them see what they are missing, and then welcome them back when they realize it.
If I behave in a way though where I require people to worship me, to make sacrifices to me, to beg and grovel at my feet, then I am an egotists, and therefore Imperfect. can I blame people for wanting to be away from me? Who would want to spend an eternity around such a creature?
And if I get mad and torture those who I perceive wronged me, then it is only my fault. I either gave them a choice, and then did not like the choice they made, OR I failed somewhere along the way to create true perfection. Either case, I am imperfect.

The Biblical god is imperfect. So who would blame such a creature as Satan, if he existed, for rebelling against him?
And according to what I have heard over and over and over again, if a person makes this god mad once, then it is over. No second chances and no going back. Such egotism is not admirable, and has no place in the philosophy of the 21st century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity