Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 10:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times

Advertisements

Notice in the verses below kingship is given to a single person which in Christianity it is thought of as Jesus but then it is interpreted to Daniel as the saints or holy ones of the Most High.

Daniel 7:13-18
"I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.
"I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things:
'Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth.
But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'"

Don't you think this is more proof that the son of man is not Jesus alone as I have been saying?

If not, where is the proof He alone is the son of man?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Kind of hard to take isn't it? You do not want to believe it and I cannot blame you since it would pretty much blow your theology right out the door.

You cannot hide your head in the sand forever. Well, maybe you can, but that will be to your own destruction.

If the son frees you, you shall truly be free.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:33 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Notice in the verses below kingship is given to a single person which in Christianity it is thought of as Jesus but then it is interpreted to Daniel as the saints or holy ones of the Most High.

"I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed.
"I, Daniel, was grieved in my spirit within my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
I came near to one of those who stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me and made known to me the interpretation of these things:
'Those great beasts, which are four, are four kings which arise out of the earth.
But the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom, and possess the kingdom forever, even forever and ever.'"

Don't you think this is more proof that the son of man is not Jesus alone as I have been saying?

Peacegiver,
Luke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
question, who is the only SAVIOUR?. keep this verse in mind,
Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. a means "ONE", and only ONE savior.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Peacegiver,
Luke 19:10 "For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
question, who is the only SAVIOUR?. keep this verse in mind,
Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. a means "ONE", and only ONE savior.

Then why does it say that the dominion and kingdom and glory is given to the saints of the Most High. I am not confident in Luke 2:11. Also Jesus speaks of the son of man coming in the third person as though it is someone else. He also said he had brothers and sisters and referred to His followers as the light of the world like himself. There is a section of scripture that says God would send shepherds, plural among the people to shepherd them wisely.

Jeremiah 3:14-18
Return, O faithless children, says the Lord, for I am your master; I will take you, one from a city and two from a family, and I will bring you to Zion.
I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.
And when you have multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, says the Lord, they shall no longer say, "The ark of the covenant of the Lord." It shall not come to mind, or be remembered, or missed; nor shall another one be made.
At that time Jerusalem shall be called the throne of the Lord, and all nations shall gather to it, to the presence of the Lord in Jerusalem, and they shall no longer stubbornly follow their own evil will.
In those days the house of Judah shall join the house of Israel, and together they shall come from the land of the north to the land that I gave your ancestors for a heritage."

Old 09-03-2014, 07:26 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Hi I believe that they are the ones who inherit the kingdom with Jesus and will rule and reign with Him. God bless.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi I believe that they are the ones who inherit the kingdom with Jesus and will rule and reign with Him. God bless.
How about this.

Luke 22:28
But you are those who have continued with Me in My trials.
And I bestow upon you a kingdom, just as My Father bestowed one upon Me,
that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel."

Old 09-04-2014, 12:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:

CS Lewis followed this same line of thinking, concluding that the "eternal life" meant becoming gods (lower-case "g"). Just about any other honest theology must confront this head on because the New Testament is loaded with promises of thrones, crowns, rulership alongside God. If one does not reconcile these passages, then your theology is founded upon fundamental dishonesty, ignoring passages of scripture you find to be inconvenient.

I am not going to draw any extra-Biblical conclusions. We know that the saved will ascend above the angels in authority.

Old 09-04-2014, 04:35 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Then why does it say that the dominion and kingdom and glory is given to the saints of the Most High. I am not confident in Luke 2:11. Also Jesus speaks of the son of man coming in the third person as though it is someone else.."
GINOLJC, to all, understand The Possessive Pronoun see at this link English personal pronouns - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and scroll down to the chart. and read the chart, and understand. this will answer 99.9% of all your questions.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:02 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In Matthew 28:18....Jesus said ...``All power is given to me in heaven and in earth ``.....See Jesus is the head of Christ and Anointed in Christ saints are the Body of Christ and these saints can exercises the authority of the believer which is sovereign in the Kingdom of God through the identity of Jesus who is the head .............................See if a believer does not exercises his authority and a demon walks all over his body and life , they Jesus CAN NOT DO ANYTHING but watch and wait for the authority of the sovereign saint to exercises His authority and use the Word of God and rebuke the demon spirit off his body and life , right to the point of passing from this world , as Jesus gave this power to the saints of Christ and needs His involvement by using Gods Word by faith and expectation .......................Just like all the gifts of the Holy Spirit Jesus needs the involvement of using Gods Word , and Dominion and victory are there

Old 09-07-2014, 06:12 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times
Quote:

The "one like the Son of Man" is talking about Jesus Christ. God gave Jesus THE Son of Man / Only Begotten/unique Son of God the dominion and glory of the Kingdom.

We as "son of Man" as in Son of ADAM are fallen creatures and if we are forgiven through Jesus Christ are the adopted Sons of God not the only begotten Son of God.

"Son of Man" is a way that God refers generically to the descendants of of Adam. With this being said, clearly Jesus is pre-eminent and to exalt sinful Mankind saved by God's Grace to a level of Messianic status is clearly a pernicious heresy.

When Jesus is referring to Himself as "the" Son of Man He is talking about Himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity