Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 09:19 AM

1,382 posts, read 767,298 times

Advertisements

"What is the meaning of Hosea 5:14 -Hosea 6:11, and who is it directed at?

"For I will be like a lion to Ephraim,and like a young lion to the house of Judah....Until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face; in their affliction they will earnestly seek me. Come, let us return to the Lord. For he has torn us,, but he will heal us; he has wounded us, but he will bandage us. He will revive us after two days; he will raise us up on the third day that we may live before him. .....What shall I do with you, O Ephraim? What shall I do with you, O judah? ....When I restore the fortunes of my people."

The meaning is that after 2 days, 2000 years (Psalms 90:4), on the 3rd day, he will heal Judah and Ephraim, and raise them up on the 3rd day "that we may live before him" (Hosea 6:2) Presently he has "restored the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem" (Joel 3:1) Now all that has to be done is to gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehosphaphat (YHWH judges). (Joel 3:2) At that time Jerusalem will be captured (ZE 14:2), and the Lord will "fight on a day of battle"(Ze 14:3). Then the "Lord will be king over all the earth" (ZE 14:9) This is the time of the 1st resurrection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity