Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 10:47 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,329,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
see pneuma, you lied when you said that they are two, that’s right he, JESUS, is the Alpha and Omega, and the first and the Last the same one person. so your question of who’s greater is mute. the Lord Jesus is Lord and God the same person.
Nice try, now answer the question, who is greater Jesus or the Father?

It is a simple question, either it is Jesus or it is the Father.

IT IS NOT BOTH.

Or are you going to duck and run, just like I figured you would?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:49 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,329,176 times
Quote:
see pneuma, you lied when you said that they are two, that’s right he, JESUS, is the Alpha and Omega, and the first and the Last the same one person. so your question of who’s greater is mute. the Lord Jesus is Lord and God the same person.
Oh ya, and if I lied so did Jesus, are you calling Jesus a liar?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:53 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,225,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Nice try, now answer the question, who is greater Jesus or the Father?

It is a simple question, either it is Jesus or it is the Father.

IT IS NOT BOTH.

Or are you going to duck and run, just like I figured you would?
LOL, oh no, and Jesus did not lie you did. listen, the First and the Last is Jesus, Revelation 1:17 & 18. and God , whom you call the Father is the First and the Last, the same person, listen,
Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

and Jesus the Christ is the REDEEMER. so that mute your point as to who is greater.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:54 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,237,338 times
Quote:
that's symbolic, (smile).
That's a pretty flippant response. In exactly what way is it "symbolic"?

Old 10-02-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O. McClellan View Post
That's a pretty flippant response. In exactly what way is it "symbolic"?
for he is the "PRINCE" symbolic as Michael, in name ONLY, means "Who is like GOD". that's the symbolism.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:08 AM

and to pneuma the NEW beginning is in CHRIST who is God. not another person, but the Same person, the same God who in the first beginning created everything, supportive scripture, Isaiah 48:7 "They are created now, and not from the beginning; even before the day when thou heardest them not; lest thou shouldest say, Behold, I knew them.

see pneuma, the same God who created the first, and now is old, creates the new creation, which is also is in HIM.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 AM

now, lets clear up some misunderstanding about who owns the angels. since our resident expert did not know that the Lord God almighty, and Him alone, made all the angels. lets put an end to “Generally speaking”. Hebrews 1:7 "And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire. here we see it is "his" angels. we know that God created everything, including the angels, as well as us too. so that's a no brainier as who have angels. lets see who owns the angels by scriptures examples?, let the bible speak, Matthew 13:41 "The Son of man shall send forth his angels, (STOP, who?, the Son of man, the Lord JESUS), and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity”. this sounds smack like what Revelation 22:16 is saying, "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. this is the "he" who owns the angels. and our Lord JESUS is the son of Man, right?.........................right. lets hear it again to be sure from another passage. Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other”. his, his, his, angels, I thought they was God's angels, (smile), Hmmm....... angels have a “s” at the end, indicating more that one angel is his. and it is the Son of Man coming in the clouds with his angels. Revelation 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. now who was pierced?. O.T., Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. I wonder who is speaking here?, one more from the O.T. Psalms 22:16 "For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet”. and that was not David, hand and feet that was pierced. but lest see who hands and feet that was pierced?. scripture, John 20:24 "But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. 26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
for he is the "PRINCE" symbolic as Michael, in name ONLY, means "Who is like GOD". that's the symbolism.
ok Dan, and pneuma, who is LIKE GOD?. answer....drum roll please....... Jesus the Christ. the EQUAL share, glorified in SPIRIT. scripture,

Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One". answer, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

how many way must I tell you?.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
No, that's just forcing a Christological reading onto the Old Testament. You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever that such a connection is merited, you're just making it up. Who is like God? All humans are like God from a canonical point of view. Not only are humans made in God's image and likeness, God himself said Adam and Eve had become "like us."

Michael is the "prince" of Israel because he was considered the angel that was given responsibility for overseeing the nation, which is a Greco-Roman period interpretation of the Septuagint's rendering of Deut 32:8–9. It holds that every nation has a guardian angel. This is why the text also refers to the "prince" of Persia and the "prince" of Greece. You find it in Rabbinic literature as well. Michael has his own angels because he is the chief angel of the nation of Israel and has inferior angels under him. The angelic host were very much conceived of as a military force in that time period. There are lots of ways someone could have their own angels, but just burping up "It's symbolic!" just shows how little you understand what is going on in these texts.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
ok Dan, and pneuma, who is LIKE GOD?. answer....drum roll please....... Jesus the Christ. the EQUAL share, glorified in SPIRIT. scripture,

Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One". answer, Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

how many way must I tell you?.
You just have to tell me in one way, as long as it's correct. None of the above is correct. In the period of the Old Testament humanity was thought to be like God as well, as I explained above. Your attempts to foist christology onto texts that have nothing at all to do with Christ only work for people who already agree with you and don't know any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity