Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Actually us uneducated can understand Daniel easily, you on the other hand just spout blah blah blah.
temper, temper, temper, two birds of a feather flock together. well maybe you might want to answer the Isaiah 35:4 question, "who came and saved us according to the scripture, (smile).

Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
temper, temper, temper, two birds of a feather flock together. well maybe you might want to answer the Isaiah 35:4 question, "who came and saved us according to the scripture, (smile).
Already answered that. It was this guy:

I think I'm on his ignore list.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Already answered that. It was this guy:

I think I'm on his ignore list.
that's why I like you godofthunder9010, PAGAN all the way. at least you're open about it. I guess this is what the ideal sinner see in the Christian, the pic above, (smile)................................LOL.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Okay in all seriousness, it was Elohim. Says right there in the Bible. So the Gods came to save us. Good reference for proving the plural nature of God there!

Isaiah 35:4 Interlinear Bible

Old 10-09-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
that's why I like you godofthunder9010, PAGAN all the way. at least you're open about it. I guess this is what the ideal sinner see in the Christian, the pic above, (smile)................................LOL.
Dyslexic folks stay up late at night on Christmas Eve waiting for Satan Saluc to come and leave presents and stuff.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Okay in all seriousness, it was Elohim. Says right there in the Bible. So the Gods came to save us. Good reference for proving the plural nature of God there!

Isaiah 35:4 Interlinear Bible
LOL, see your ERROR, it said "he", not them, LOL....................LOL.................LOL.

another one bite the dust.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Dyslexic folks stay up late at night on Christmas Eve waiting for Satan Saluc to come and leave presents and stuff.
ok, no more vain jangling, scripture please to reproof me, ok, or be quite?.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 AM

My Lord, and my God, how hard is it to answer. well it is GOD who came. now the question is, how did GOD come?, well, MysticPhD, Wardendresden, expatCA, nateswift, godofthunder9010, and pneuma. you all are what the advertisement sign say, “trapped in a title pawn”. so what your next move going to be, (smile)................LOL. now you, or one of you, need to explain how GOD came in order to save us?.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
LOL, see your ERROR, it said "he", not them, LOL....................LOL.................LOL.

another one bite the dust.
Did I claim that the Gods were female?

Okay to answer your point before you make it -- AGAIN. Yes clearly there is significance in both the use of a plural word for Deity and the use of singular pronouns when referencing that Deity. Gods of the Old Testament was always explicitly plural. The use of singular pronouns and grammatical context are likely the result of two things:
  • The multiple beings (the OT never specifies the number) comprising "Gods" were so completely unified that they were the same being for all intents and purposes. This is a significant departure from paganism where gods had different agendas, feuded against each other, etc. Multiple divine beings in complete agreement and infinitely unified: That was something new.
  • The Biblical text was probably modified as Judaism became increasingly Unitarian over the centuries. But names and phrases referencing Deity weren't as likely to be tampered with, so the plurality of the word was never altered. But clear evidence debunking their notions that Unitarianism was absolute truth was left in the scriptural record.

There I go actually analyzing and digging deeper. Ultimately, you are quite right. Gods is referred to as male(s), not female(s).

Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
My Lord, and my God, how hard is it to answer. well it is GOD who came. now the question is, how did GOD come?, well, MysticPhD, Wardendresden, expatCA, nateswift, godofthunder9010, and pneuma. you all are what the advertisement sign say, “trapped in a title pawn”. so what your next move going to be, (smile)................LOL. now you, or one of you, need to explain how GOD came in order to save us?.
God the Father loved us so he sent his Son Jesus, who was God the Son and God in his own right. Simple and easy.

Why is it that you have such a hard time answering people's questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity