Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 04:14 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Peacegiver, good, that you got the definition, now if you will, I will try to give you my understanding of it. listen, you said, "you think Jesus is singular but the son of man is many". NO, "THE SON of MAN" is singular. as in the "Offspring" Glorified, because in him dwells the fullness of then Godhead, "BODILY". but understand this Peacegiver, in that understanding of G243 Allos he is God, the Elohim. see my topic on this. Elohim is a plurality of “ONE”. but one might say, “how can one be a plurality”, simple, being the share, and not “a” share, but the THE SHARE. meaning the Same Sort. see, the word sort in G243 Allos means, when used as a noun, 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. our Lord Jesus Nature is the SAME as the Spirit, hence equal. that why when our lord said “ye are god”. it was not including himself. because he is God, not in the human class by nature, or angelic. understand plurality. listen to the definition of, H430 you can find it in the Brown-Driver-Briggs dictionary online, http://biblehub.com/hebrew/430.htm
plural in NUMBER, notice it said number, and not numbers, as in the "s" at the end indicating many. Our lord Jesus is NOT MANY, but ONE. see, our Lord Jesus nature is not our NATURE, he just put on or TOOK PART, in our Nature, and was not a PARTAKER of Flesh and blood. see Hebrews 2:14. took part, and partaker are different in nature. now with that, our Lord Jesus is "Another", as in G243 Allos, instead of G2087 heteros, for if our Lord Jesus was G2087 heteros with God, the Spirit, then the GREATER THAN question would disprove as to his deity as God almighty, because G2087 heteros express a qualitative difference. Elohim in Hebrew express plurality in “NUMBER”, as in a room full of Judges all are Judges but not everyone is the SAME PERSON. but since he, (the Lord Jesus is the SAME PERSON, so how is he a plurality in NUMBER, but the SAME PERSON?, answer, he is the SHARE, hence a numerical difference, (in flesh), but the same Person in NATURE. see this in your mind as this. a room full of Judges who is the same Person, not a copy of himself, but a share fully of himself. like in the matrix, Smith, the man dress in black with the dark shades. a many of him, but the SAME ONE at one time. but back to our room full of Judges, if they was G2087 heteros, all are judges but one might be from earth, another from mars, another for venues, see what I’m getting at. all are Judges but their nature are different. I know that was a poor example, but I hope it help. what I’m saying is this. the Lord Jesus is of the SAME SPIRIT “EQUALLY” in NATURE, hence, the SAME PERSON only in a different Form, and that form is what he came in, is his own IMAGE, man, which by the way also mean "ANOTHER" look it up in the strong, (see Genesis 1:26). he shared himself equally in Nature, but hunbled himself in Flesh and Blood to suffer a death for our sins. (see Phil 2:6-8). and the word Form in verse 6 is ,G3444, morphe, meaning NATURE, and its base is G3313 μέρος meros, meaning division, or “SHARE”. there is the answer, “SHARE”. our lord Jesus is the “SHARE”, of the Spirit fully. hence the plurality in NUMBER, and not NUMBER(s). scripture, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. and by sharing the Spirit equally, hence the understanding in Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. yes the Spirit of Christ was in the OLD TESTAMENT, supportive Scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow”. there is the answer, “the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify”. and the word signify means declare, which meas to make know, or to announce officially; proclaim. this is what prophets and preachers do. in the OT the prophets prophesy as the SPIRIT move them. there it is in a nut shell.
You get off topic. The topic is the comfortor or advocate. The advocate is as the definition of allos says, another like the original which you contend is some kind of polterguist or invisible being. I contend it is someone like Jesus, a teacher who continues in His word as Jesus described.

It is written in the prophets;

"The Lord redeems the lives of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me. I came down from heaven to do His will not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching namely whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own.

I am the light of the world no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 04:31 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You get off topic. The topic is the comfortor or advocate. The advocate is as the definition of allos says, another like the original which you contend is some kind of polterguist or invisible being. I contend it is someone like Jesus, a teacher who continues in His word as Jesus described.

It is written in the prophets;

"The Lord redeems the lives of His servants, no one who takes refuge in Him incurs guilt."

Those are not my words but the words of the Lord who sent me. I came down from heaven to do His will not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching namely whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own.

I am the light of the world no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.
I'm on topic, I just showed you that the Holy Spirit, the comforter, is JESUS Christ, the "ANOTHER" who is the SAME PERSOM, and not some other person.

you might need to re-read it. there is only one Comforter, and it is the Lord JESUS, not someone else.

Old 09-27-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I'm on topic, I just showed you that the Holy Spirit, the comforter, is JESUS Christ, the "ANOTHER" who is the SAME PERSOM, and not some other person.

you might need to re-read it. there is only one Comforter, and it is the Lord JESUS, not someone else.
You see what you want to see. Another advocate is the spirit of truth who takes from what belongs to God and the son and declares it thereby glorifying Jesus and the Father. Jesus is speaking of another person not himself or an invisable entity. The spirit of truth "declares the truth" which is a manner of speaking not revealing into your mind like an invisable entity. He is an actual person as Jesus said "allos", another like himself.

You contend he is Jesus in spirit and in truth that is correct because he is a teacher like Jesus, same words and mission but he is in the flesh ,an actual person. He is son of man and son of God, servant of the Most High.

I am he and all who walk in the will of my heavenly Father.

The son of man is lord of the Sabbath. The son of man comes eating and drinking in the will of God and the presence of the God of Israel.

Seek the food that endures to eternal life which the son of man will give you for it is on him that the Father has set His seal.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:05 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You see what you want to see. Another advocate is the spirit of truth who takes from what belongs to God and the son and declares it thereby glorifying Jesus and the Father. Jesus is speaking of another person not himself or an invisable entity. The spirit of truth "declares the truth" which is a manner of speaking not revealing into your mind like an invisable entity. He is an actual person as Jesus said "allos", another like himself.

You contend he is Jesus in spirit and in truth that is correct because he is a teacher like Jesus, same words and mission but he is in the flesh ,an actual person. He is son of man and son of God, servant of the Most High.

I am he and all who walk in the will of my heavenly Father.

The son of man is lord of the Sabbath. The son of man comes eating and drinking in the will of God and the presence of the God of Israel.

Seek the food that endures to eternal life which the son of man will give you for it is on him that the Father has set His seal.
No, I'm not seeing what I want, the scriptures are plain. the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus glorified. and two "another", as the definition of G243 allos states have the SAME NATURE. if the Comforter is Spirit, then the Lord Jesus is Spirit, remember "sort" means of the same kind, group, class, with the same NATURE. see how easy it is to follow the truth.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not seeing what I want, the scriptures are plain. the Holy Spirit is the Lord Jesus glorified. and two "another", as the definition of G243 allos states have the SAME NATURE. if the Comforter is Spirit, then the Lord Jesus is Spirit, remember "sort" means of the same kind, group, class, with the same NATURE. see how easy it is to follow the truth.
Jesus never said the Holy Spirit would be himself. Another is described by Vines as "of the same sort" but not the same person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vines
"another of the same sort;" Christ promised to send "another Comforter" (allos, "another like Himself,")
The same kind of person with the same purpose. He said;" when He comes ,the spirit of truth", He did not say when I come back after I am glorified I will guide you to all truth, no He said another comfortor would take from what is His and declare it.

The comfortor is the same kind of teacher as Jesus was. He takes from His words and uses them thereby declaring what is to come. He hears what He speaks.

Speak so you will hear.

I am the bread of life.

God's bread comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.

Whoever feeds on me will have life because of me. Just as the Father has life so too do I have life because of Him.

He who sows the good seed is the son of man.

The seed is the word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity