Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should all Jesus based religions Unite as one?
Yes 6 33.33%
No 13 72.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 07:12 PM

234 posts, read 219,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Good luck with getting the religious people to agree with that.
I hear you, its very interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
I think it can be very simply handle with the frame work already laid down. Firstly every institution should shed its name sake and and be called the body of Christ. Then teach all the observations to be held. This is a choice of the devotee to observe. The scripture is not complicated. And to clear something up the Sabbath was never changed it is still Sat. Sunday is the day of crucifixion the 8 day which was observed by Abraham.
Another thing to take into account is all the followers who are not involved with any congregation.
But it will take a unified effort for all the Christians to first shed the 'THEIR' congregations name. I say this will open the doors to many who wish to know Jesus. But thank God we have access to the bible. This is the tool to help with all doubt and confusion and strife. Oh wait how many people read the word to find for themselves the salvation in Jesus. Well our institutions should offer open studies. but not a dogmatic absolute. Offer all ideas and compare them to the scripture. This would need to be done within an open study structure. When together those that are ordained will guide those that are there to learn.

If you pay attention to this forum a large % of the Christians are in accord. The only Radicalism I have noticed comes from the false thread starters under fundi pretense. It's pretty easy to weed out the liars who claim to be christian.
But I can already see this Idea of one Body of Christ coming about. The word Church is a mystery to be taught.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Should all Jesus based religions Unite as one?

There is a lack of consensus or general agreement, as to what that means?
So, whose definition will be used to define; a Jesus based religion ........?

Old 10-09-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Dont think too hard, its real simple

Old 10-09-2014, 10:16 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Buddism, Hinduism, Norse Paganism, Greek Paganism, Druidism, Wicca, Voodoo and Daoism. These are examples of religions where Jesus is completely absent. Islam does acknowledge Jesus as the Jewish Messiah and a great prophet, but does not regard him as deity nor does it regard him as the one who paid for the sins of all humankind. So Islam wouldn't quite make the cut, though they're a lot closer than most Christians realize.

Those are religions I'd leave out. Who would you add to the list? Surely there is no religion that focuses on Christ and centers their religious message around Christ that you'd leave it ... is there?

I doubt you would leave anybody out, but you know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 10-09-2014 at 10:47 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I think it can be very simply handle with the frame work already laid down. Firstly every institution should shed its name sake and and be called the body of Christ. Then teach all the observations to be held. This is a choice of the devotee to observe. The scripture is not complicated. And to clear something up the Sabbath was never changed it is still Sat. Sunday is the day of crucifixion the 8 day which was observed by Abraham.
Another thing to take into account is all the followers who are not involved with any congregation.
But it will take a unified effort for all the Christians to first shed the 'THEIR' congregations name. I say this will open the doors to many who wish to know Jesus. But thank God we have access to the bible. This is the tool to help with all doubt and confusion and strife. Oh wait how many people read the word to find for themselves the salvation in Jesus. Well our institutions should offer open studies. but not a dogmatic absolute. Offer all ideas and compare them to the scripture. This would need to be done within an open study structure. When together those that are ordained will guide those that are there to learn.

If you pay attention to this forum a large % of the Christians are in accord. The only Radicalism I have noticed comes from the false thread starters under fundi pretense. It's pretty easy to weed out the liars who claim to be christian.
But I can already see this Idea of one Body of Christ coming about. The word Church is a mystery to be taught.
Very well said...peace and love is the ultimate goal...thank you

Old 10-09-2014, 11:08 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Theologically speaking, they are.
Hmmm... you say clergy bad... atheists good.

Judge a tree by its fruit...

Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Both are an equal bunch of pharisees, one being power and authority obsessed and the others self opinion obsessed. Neither produce fruit in keeping with righteousness.

Old 10-10-2014, 08:27 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Sign View Post
I wanted to ask this question for a long time...Imagine what happened if all followers of Jesus decide to join together...That will be the greatest event to witness. Its very possible...
Is it possible?

When I was young I had two male friends who really cared deeply about each other. But of course in a society of homophobia they did not want to be overtly too friendly for fear of accusations of homosexuality.

One thing they did, which in retrospect was really beautiful, was share an imaginary friend. And vicariously through this friend they found ways to express their love for each other. The friend would stay overnight in one of their houses. The next day the imaginary friend would have missed the other friend and they would talk about how much that friend missed them.

In other words they were telling each other they missed each other, through the proxy of this imaginary friend. It was really beautiful.

One day however one of them commented on the color of the imaginary friends hair. The other friend commented that this was wrong and the hair color was in fact something else. What followed was a slow but steady and horrific decline in their friendship to the point it ended in violence. It was as horrible to watch as their original friendship had been beautiful.

Basically because their imaginary friend had not actually existed, there was simply no way to resolve differences in opinion between them ABOUT that friend.

Similarly, given theists have but faith..... but not a shred of argument, evidence, data, or reasoning.... that there even IS a god and a Jesus........ any difference in opinion ABOUT those entities is similarly going to descend into the most base and horrific of human activity.

As such we see well over 33,000 recognized branches and divisions within Christianity. Sects. Clubs. Off shoots. Reinventions. And much more. How you think it is possible.... let alone what methodology you suggest to attain it....... to achieve some unification among them all..... is simply beyond me. I would be agog to hear your foundation for this dream.

Moderator cut: deleted

It is a dream you have. Perhaps even a beautiful dream. But I fail to see how you are mapping it on to reality in any way. And even if you do REALIZE it how do you propose to MAINTAIN it. How long will it be in this grand unified Christianity before one friend mentions to another friend the color of their gods hair?

And that is before we even BEGIN to ask "which Christianity" under the 33000 you hope to unify them all under. Forget 33,000. I invite you to my home country of Ireland to make the attempt to unify the TWO branches of Christianity that they have there. Good luck with that. Bring a stab jacket.

Last edited by june 7th; 10-10-2014 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Denominational bashing.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:02 AM

8,166 posts, read 6,917,406 times
What would be the purpose of this religion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity